Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Flight Junkie

You Probably hate us in AZ right now

I'll post some a link to the AZ forum for some 72 degrees riding pics from this weekend.... Enjoy
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...11849#poststop
    ROTOR HEAD

mtbr member
    Why would I waste my time with hating you when I'm getting ready to go skiing?
    We got about 4 inches overnight and it's still comming. Slopes will be empty and the snow will be great.
    Out!
    Your fear of looking stupid is holding you back.

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by IBIKEAZ
    I'll post some a link to the AZ forum for some 72 degrees riding pics from this weekend.... Enjoy
    Or you could live in SoCal and have 70° temps and take a drive up the state and get this whenever you wanted (Mammoth this weekend) without the 10000° summer temps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Do not touch the trim"

Baron of Gray Matter
    May 2004
    I would rather have our cold (cause we don't get that cold here) in winter than AZ heat in summer. While it get up to and over 100° F in AR in summer, it's not like AZ heat. I got a friend who moved to AZ and says he has to ride in the a.m. during summer to be able to ride. Course, lot's of people here ride in the a.m. in summer to avoid the heat. But still, 72° F would be nice in winter sometimes. Since we get very little snow anyway, at least 72° F would keep the ice storms away.

Enjoy your ride.
    "Oh Dear, I've been redorkulated."
    Prof. Frink.

mtbr member
    those AZ pics are nice. What's it like in the summer ?

Your bike is incorrigible

Yes!

Sure I hate you with all my might. I hate that you get to go riding when I have to stay inside because it's 8 degrees and blowing 20mph. I hate that when it's summer here, even though it's cooler than in AZ, we still have high humidity. Actually, I pretty much hate NE and everything about it. That's why I'm moving.

MTP
    Nothing to see here
    Mar 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm

Nah, I don't hate Arizona people in the winter...just the summer, when they all descend en mass on San Diego. We don't get our town back until September.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer Simpson
    I would rather have our cold (cause we don't get that cold here) in winter than AZ heat in summer.
    Enjoy your ride.
    ha ha...Southern cal...the best of all worlds

within one hour...beach, lakes, surf, moutains, deserts, skiing, forrest...whatever
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Mythical Creature

Noooo.......

While winter training can be a challenge sometimes, I love thigh deep back country powder turns and the fresh, clean air here in Santa Fe - so crisp on a winter night it's as if someone poked holes through an opaque layer of paint over a white neon tube, er, or something, making it seem like the whole universe full of stars is just overhead.

As a freaky ass early a.m. person, I can see living in AZ as I have no problem getting out by 5AM for a nice big ride before work. As someone who is used to the above mentioned clean air and readily accessable (by bike) trails, I can't, however, see living in this:

Anyhow - looking forward to Old Pueblo in February!
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

mtbr member

True that

Quote Originally Posted by glenzx
    As someone who is used to the above mentioned clean air and readily accessable (by bike) trails, I can't, however, see living in this:

Anyhow - looking forward to Old Pueblo in February!

This is what it looks like today - NASTY $#%& isn't helping my asthma.

I was driving to work and couldn't see Camelback Mtn from the 101 (Pima freeway). I've been here 16 years and every year it's more people, more houses, more cars, and more pollution. I'm looking to get out this year if I can. Now if I can just hit that lottery.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I don't hate you, I'm riding still too. And our summers never get above 100 degrees.

Cheney for Sith Lord '08
    No hate on this end.Just don't bogart all the joy:it's great to have a fresh source of trail pics during the winter (hint,hint...nudge,nudge...that goes double for the crew down in Mexico ).Ditto on what glenzx said too.The air here today,even in Albuquerque,is crystal-clear and a real pleasure to huff and puff up the hills,if such a pleasure is possible.Sure,it's cooler than next door in Az,but hardly unbearable as long as you're ok with the wind.I went up to about 6500 feet today on a 4-hour ride with hardly a sniffle to speak of.The only time I DO hate Az is when we have to breathe in your wildfire fumes during the dry season.Ride on....and keep the pics coming, ya selfish bastiches!!!
    p.s.-on the Az vs. SoCal thing,I personally will take 10000 degree summers over $10000 a month for rent any day...at least summer goes away.I'm not counting Scottsdale prices though...that's just obscene.
    Last edited by ArroyoBomber; 12-13-2005 at 03:45 PM.
    R.I.P.-George Carlin

mtbr member
    Lol

Anytime you get too big fer yur britches, just brag on this forum. It'll snap you back. No matter how much you love where you live, there are at least twenty other Mother Fathers, who love where they live at least as much. I'll be in Az, in March. Can't wait.
    Your fear of looking stupid is holding you back.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Smile Socal

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Simpson
    I would rather have our cold (cause we don't get that cold here) in winter than AZ heat in summer. While it get up to and over 100° F in AR in summer, it's not like AZ heat. I got a friend who moved to AZ and says he has to ride in the a.m. during summer to be able to ride. Course, lot's of people here ride in the a.m. in summer to avoid the heat. But still, 72° F would be nice in winter sometimes. Since we get very little snow anyway, at least 72° F would keep the ice storms away.

Enjoy your ride.
    We get 70 F sunny clear weather MOST OF THE YEAR! Dispite people always complaining about the usual LA things (traffic, smog, crime, inflated prices on everything, illegals and etc...) we LOVE LA!

Baron of Gray Matter
    May 2004
    I spent three months in San Diego at MCRD and was amazed at the summer weather there. It never got hot, in AR during the summer it goes to 100° F regularly. And I remember being cold while at Camp Pendleton during the night (June or July) thinking it's about 80-90° F back home at night.

Yea, So. Cal weather is nice.
    "Oh Dear, I've been redorkulated."
    Prof. Frink.

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

why would I hate you Zonies?

Quote Originally Posted by IBIKEAZ
    when it's 9,000 degrees at 4 AM in August, it's a pleasant day of riding here in San Diego. And we have the 72 degree days all winter too!

I figure it can't be too bad living somewhere where all you Zonies come to summer............ ;-)

YR

PITY THE FOOL!
    Normally I wouldn't pile on, but...... AZ pails in comparison to San Diego, which is why half of the state ends up here in the summer. Yes, traffic can suck and housing prices are steep but I'll be fishing tomorrow morning on the pacific in shorts.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

just along for the ride
    But if you don't drive a car you are fuked, but you can't beat the weather even with a stick!

There's no app for this.

good thought

having made it to 2 AZSFs, I love the trails and the folks are great, no...really great. But I have to say the traffic, smog, and general sprawl were not pretty. However, in the name of progress, we're mimicking those traits as fast as possible up here in the frozen north.

Jim (moved to an island) C

ride hard take risks
    Weathers been nice in nor cal, when it rains just means the traction is gonna be sweett!!

Keep The Rubber Side Down

You gotta' love AZ riders...

It's 72 degrees and they are all wearing long sleved jerseys I haven't riden Pima/Dynamite in years! Looks great. Thank you for the passion hit.
    Some of my happiest memories in life took place on my bicycles. - Me

taxi mechanic
    i am not hater and ride in arizona sometime.

mtbr member

Hate you???? Nah....

Here in San Diego we get that pretty much year round.

I hate the people in Colorado. I'd love to be ski skating and enjoying snow for a change. Not to mention some of the best riding in the nation just minutes out of the front door for most of the year.

Keep your 72 degrees in December. I like seasons that can't be described as just "green" and "Brown"

"El Whatever"
    Not really... see, our winter never goes below 32. In AZ (pretty much like Sonora) it must get below that for sure at some time of the year (I've been in Hermosillo - I froze like an icycle).

Here a pic this last sunday ride....
    Check my Site

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    I'm going to ride tomorrow above 9000' feet (not flagstaff) in arizona.

Good luck with that california, colorado, utah, and canada.....
    Same feelings from Mexico City.... If you go to Toluca, it might be different though. At 12,000 ft we can POSSIBLY have snow.
    Check my Site

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast