Medium?

Yes!! I went 5 for 5 commuting this week

for the first time in almost a year. I got soaked last night, and even that was ok.

And props to Niterider and their new Flamethrower HID/LED light. I partially charged my battery last Tuesday (11 days ago), went on a 2 hour night ride in Orange Co, commuted for 7 days, and finally got down to one led on the fuel gauge. I thought it would be good to totally discharge it, so I left it on while I was at a school function. On the highest setting it lasted another full hour before seamlessly switching to the white LEDs. Just for kicks, I left it on all night, and it was still going when I left for work this morning.

E~Pluribus Unum
    Good man Charlie Brown.

Total weekly mileage?

KgB
    SNGLSPD

I finally got a job where I can commute

everyday,oh what a feeling.
    It almost feels like your getting away with something.
    I've been inside too long.

JFR
    mtbr member
    I did the rain commute yesterday too :-)

But was only 3 for 5 this week (sore knee on Wed and overslept today).

Rolling
    Good job.

Last year I bike commuted every day from Jan 1 to April 1 --never drove to work once. Sure I missed some days going to spring fling and fruita, but when i went to work for three months, I rode and used the bus in combo with the bike--through good and bad weather.

This year I did almost the opposite. I rode in twice all this year up till last week. Finally this week I'm getting into the swing. I only drove in on Wednesday--but the point was to go on a ride after work that required a drive.

Today I have to ride to happy hour so maybe I will have something to add to the drinking and cycling post! ;-)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Daily commuter here too!

I missed some days over the winter because of travel and ice (took the bus) too. But I generally don't touch my truck at all during the week. I stretch it out into a loop instead of going straight in (getting about 12 miles round trip), but about a third of it is on actual dirt.

The first thing I do every morning is a nice trail descent. Always brings a smile....

Lovin' it!
    Porrick

34N 118W

Nice, but...

this belongs on the "Commuter / Recumbent" boards.

I'm still not thrilled with the 1 button / 6 settings on the new NR. Thing has a mind of it's own.

congrats dude. Sea ya at See Otter?

HW

swashbucklerette

Cool!

I'm still working my way up, as this is my first year of commuting (well, hope to make it a year...started in Jan.). I'm up to a consistent 2x per week. Right now I need a rest day in between. I've been riding my commutes like a time trail, hammering all the way trying to beat my previous best time. If I start doing back-to-back days, I'll probably have to lay off of that a bit. Still, I kept my goal of consitent 2x per week commuting for the month. Hopefully I'll work up to a full week like you by the end of the year.

Medium?

I've got it figured out.

The button-push motion is not straight down, but kind of down-and-forward. I had a bunch of trouble when I first got it, but it works perfectly for me now. I wish I could access the LED modes without going through the HID mode. I'd use a front blinky all the time if so.

I'll be at the otter Sat and Sun. Where are you staying? Coming Friday? Riding Friday? If there's a Demo Forest happening on Friday, I'll probably take the day off.

Medium?
    Humbled.

Yesterday I went to the Game Developer's Conference in San Jo', and coincidently they had a bunch of tasty beer on the show floor starting around 5pm. It was pouring rain on the way from there to the train station, and from the station home. I should post to that drinking and riding post myself.

Medium?
    I only made it today by 30 seconds or so...

Medium?
    Weekly mileage...

I guess I should have stated in the original post that I take the train every day. Sometimes I skip the train and ride the whole 35 miles, but I didn't this week. 35 miles is a pretty serious workout on a 53:19 fixed gear. One day I decided to ride it there was a vicious headwind, and it almost killed me; almost three hours with a flat.

Today I'll ride about 20 miles, but normally I only get 10 miles a day to and from the stations. I'd like to ride more, but the only chance I get to talk to our Israel office is early in the morning, and the only time I get to see my kids is in the evening, so I can't go screwing around riding all the time.

So I guess I'm not as proud of the riding as I am of not driving.

Your Customer Sales Rep
    I do a 25 mile round-trip commute with lots of vertical (over 2000 ft). I'm generally good for 2-3 days a week in the winter and 3-4 days a week in the summer. I did 5 days a couple of times in the summer in the last year. I spent the weekends paying for it (3rd degree lactic acid burns over 100% of my legs). D.
    You be you. I'll be riding.

Sweat is just fat crying.

Sweet pic!

I like that, for some reason. Maybe cuz I knew a hooker named Snowy?

Good on all yuse guys (except you, Rich ) for the commute frenzy.

Together, we can erase America's dependency on foreign oil! (Or something like that).

fp

I'll be riding for these guys. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...AGOO5PN3N1.DTL
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

ballbuster

Right on!

This week I was bad. One for Five. I usually get all the days in, unless I have a side job or something at night.

I've been dealing with insurance, car stereo, and glass company appointments becuse some s!thead broke into my beater '87 Jetta (which still runs great!) for the fourth time, and stole my third stereo. The glass company (Safelite Auto Glass) outright flaked on me once, and brought the wrong piece of glass out twice and lost a piece of my door trim. They suck, so I fired them.

Anyway, I had a cluster f*** this week with the car, so no biking to and from work. Probably a good thing today, tho. I stayed a bit late to finish a project, packed up my stuff, shut down my computer, when my boss drops a project in my lap, no kdding, on my way out the door. Grrrr! I didn't leave until after dark, and I've been riding without the light lately.

I'll make up for it next week. Moooaa haa haa haa.

Eddie, good to see you're getting some mad miles in commuting.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    for the first time in almost a year. I got soaked last night, and even that was ok.

And props to Niterider and their new Flamethrower HID/LED light. I partially charged my battery last Tuesday (11 days ago), went on a 2 hour night ride in Orange Co, commuted for 7 days, and finally got down to one led on the fuel gauge. I thought it would be good to totally discharge it, so I left it on while I was at a school function. On the highest setting it lasted another full hour before seamlessly switching to the white LEDs. Just for kicks, I left it on all night, and it was still going when I left for work this morning.

We just started in our new offices a couple weeks ago. Haven't gone 5 for 5 yet. Hadda go to a client site last week, and almost made it this week, but I overslept this-morning due to having stayed up waay too late finishing the wheel-build for the front wheel of my new fixie.

My first ever wheel-build so it took me a while to get it all nice and straight. Sure it'll go faster once I've got the routine down...

-Trevor

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Good on all yuse guys (except you, Rich ) for the commute frenzy.

Together, we can erase America's dependency on foreign oil! (Or something like that).
    Yeah, I rode two back-to-back 5 day commute weeks so I could spend yesterday burning almost two full tanks of gas while getting 4.5 mpg while going nowhere fast.

Or something like that.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

clarkgriswald

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy

I've been carless for about two years now. The last year has been in Michigan, and commuitng four miles one way isn't much, it is a little difficult with snow and windchill temps in the -10F to -15F range, however. I've moved and now live a little over eight mikes from work. The snow is gone, finally. If I were married and had kids, I doubt very much that I'd be carless, but I'd stil try to bike to work as much as possible. Congrats on the 5 for 5.