mtbr member

Xmas Expectations

It's the day before Christmas, and I know many of us are expecting great biking related "products".

Nows the time to be selfish and jealous and post what you've asked for. In two days, it'll be fun to come back to this thread and hear whether you 'got what you thought'.

Happy holidays all!

life is a barrel o'fun
    Last year, Santa got everything I put into my LBS Christmas "pile." This year, I put a chain cleaning machine, a hub candle holder, and some wool socks aside.....but as of yesterday, Santa hadn't stopped in

Oh well, I can't complain, I'm told that one of his helpers conspired to get me something I "really need." Which makes me nervous b/c my sister has questionable instincts.
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

mtbr member
    All bike related items asked for were cold weather items...

A balaclava.
    Knee warmers
    Shoe covers

Loser

This is the part I hate...

I'm really on an anti-consumerism rant this year, mostly because we were such consumers for this Xmas. When it comes down to everyone swapping gift cards, its time to stop and think a bit.

In any event I'll be getting:

New fork (Marz XC)
    4 tubes (it was 5 but I pinched one of them for a ride )
    Starnut

Amazing how my wife and kids know what kind of fork to buy for me, they know me really well.

John
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

mtbr member
    Your post reminded me of this:

Loser

not really...

Not being overly religious, the whole Jesus vs. Santa thing doesn't really worry me, it just becomes such a buy-fest.

John
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

MTB B'dos
    Don't really con't on anyone getting me stuff I want and am old enough to know better. I buy myself what I want/need... some cone wrneches, XT Rear Hub, Baggie Shorts, B seen light (3 LED) and Santa must have slipped a set of rims in there as he knew I wanted them but couldn't afford the shipping will deal w/ that come the new year. Will prob get the usual from the family... NORMAL shirts, shorts and other such things.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Art is Resistance
    My wife and i don't exhange gifts for x-mas usually... and no one EVER buys me bike stuff. i know enough people in the industry that i can usually get what i'm looking for at some discount.
    My wife and i were going to buy something nice for our house (ceiling fan, new front door, domestic stuff) but my car died so we dropped a ton of money on a new car instead. no gifts this year!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I'm new to biking, and haven't gotten much bike related stuff. Family asked what i'd like.. I asked for a rack for the car.. and I'm 99.9% sure that's what I'll be getting. I hope. LOL Getting old to have to bike from the house, and it's a pain to stuff the bike in my little compact car

me like bikes
    Oct 2005
    i'm 16 and i didn't ask for anything this year. I know i'm getting a new trainer and some crank brother candy sl pedals. don't know if i'm getting anything else... i dont really care what i get though. i really wanna buy my self a new bike, but my parents won't let me spend the money. I guess i'll have to break what i have so i have a better reason to buy another bike, because right now my moms like "idc if its for a different type of riding...you just got a new bike" and my dad "get a job then you can spend you money"...... parents.......oh well.

Currently in Exile

Rollers for me

I tried some out earlier this fall and fell in love. I got my wife a gift cert. to the LBS. Good thing too. If I had gotten her something it would have been the PI cycling skirt. We were in there the other day, and she looks at them and said, "Ooh, I wouldn't wear those."
    "There are those who would say there's something pathological about the need to ride, and they're probably on to something. I'd wager though that most of the society-approved compulsions leave deeper scars in the psyche than a need to go and ride a bicycle on a mountain." Cam McRea