Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Woman Hits Cyclist From Behind and Decides to Sue the Guy.

details.
    Sorry I Ran You Over. Now Please Pay Me $2,000

Here is her facebook page. Leave a message telling her how you feel... If that's possible.

https://www.facebook.com/KionneiSLyo...=browse_search
    fat old man ... fueled by Mexican pastries....

mtbr member
    Wow, amazing gall of the lady! Good thing she didn't kill him… she wouldn't have anyone to sue!
    Please visit my bike blog! And if you click a few banner ads, I wouldn't complain!
    http://realworldbiking.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Reminds me of this story: Driver who killed teen on bike sues family for $1.3 million - Washington Times
    Can't wrap my head around what compelled this person to sue

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I swear this whole world has gone stupid.....the 2 cases in the above post.... the person that sued mcdonalds because their food is unhealthy.... and the woman that sued because of trans fats in frozen pizza she thought was a good thing to feed her kids...... hello you morons......DUH!!!!!... fast food and pre packaged are unhealthy!!!...I was rearended back in 2009... the lady was tailgating me... I was driving my lifted k5 blazer and she was driving a honda...... turns out she had no licence or insurance....car wasnt even in her name.... when her ride came they were trying to clean all her belongings out of the car... the cop on scene only let her take certain things......when my insurance co contacted her and she said " I dont feel the accident was my fault, I was hurt and I am gonna sue!!!" she was also cited at the scene....her car went under my blazer... my rear bumper was about 1/2" from her windshield...... it was totaled and I got to keep my blazer and $2000.....I still have the blazer, reborn as a hardcore wheelin rig as it has a reconstructed title, so its not worth alot of money
    97 specialized rockhopper.....$5 garage sale find....rebuild and low buck single speed conversion

Suburban Redneck
    Her Facebook is down and she has apparently changed and "locked" her twitter. Someone in the comments mentioned on her previous twitter she declared herself as an "anti-cyclist activist", so...........................

ETA: The link above didn't work for me but searching on FB did. FWIW.
    I'm not big-boned, I'm a Clyde.

Reluctant Tree Hugger
    Roemer "got a lot of money," huh? $2,000?!? That's barely a set of carbon wheels.
    Last edited by Saladin; 10-20-2014 at 08:15 AM.
    ^ Of course that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. -Dennis Miller

CDK
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman12 View Post
    Her Facebook is down and she has apparently changed and "locked" her twitter. Someone in the comments mentioned on her previous twitter she declared herself as an "anti-cyclist activist", so...........................

ETA: The link above didn't work for me but searching on FB did. FWIW.
    Anit-cyclist? That is the most ridiculous thing that I have ever heard. Some people are amazing.. Her parents should be very proud that they raised an ignorant, lazy piece of scum in society.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I just sent her a message.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I note that the cyclist has a lawyer. I assume he is suing her for his injuries. Is so, a jury will absolutely hate her for having the nerve to sue him. That equates to bigger money for him.

mtbr member
    He should be suing her.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    “There was a large truck that caused us to merge," said this clueless woman, attempting to excuse the accident that was her fault which sent an innocent cyclist to the ICU.

"I happen to drive a car that has no brakes," she added. "Everyone has to get out of my way, and if they don't, I will hit them and sue them."

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by the other Anne View Post
    “There was a large truck that caused us to merge," said this clueless woman, attempting to excuse the accident that was her fault which sent an innocent cyclist to the ICU.

"I happen to drive a car that has no brakes," she added. "Everyone has to get out of my way, and if they don't, I will hit them and sue them."
    I just hope she has some assets, because quotes like that are gonna net that cyclist a bonanza in court.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockhopper97 View Post
    I swear this whole world has gone stupid.
    No, the world is a stupid as it ever was, but now the world has a global instant communications network that means we get to personally see all of the stupid as it happens.

It's brilliant.

> /dev/null 2&>1
    We should create a facebook page for this, we could get a lot of publicity and shares for this issue, as a microcosm of the cyclists safety problem.

No one has created one yet. We just need a really catchy, clever name. . .

Kionnei Lyons Ran Me Over And All I Got Was This Small Claims Summons ???

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasXC View Post
    Reminds me of this story: Driver who killed teen on bike sues family for $1.3 million - Washington Times
    Can't wrap my head around what compelled this person to sue
    That's just.....evil.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

mtbr member
    hmm.....[edit]... sounds like she needs one of them coats that make you hug your self
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    This woman is a complete idiot, that is plain to see to everyone. However I do think that a large portion of bikers screw it up for the rest of the group who abide by the rules. Nothing pisses me off more than when I am at a 4 way stop in my car and a group of bikers just blow through the stop sign like the rules don't apply to them. I mean that bumper sticker that says "Same road, same rules" drives me nuts. Why? Because a large portion of bikers, in my area, don't abide by the rules. Then when something goes wrong for them they blame drivers.

To be honest I have no desire to ride a bike on the road. To many idiots with drivers licenses looking at texts, talking on phones and basically not driving. I have 3 kids and have no desire to leave them fatherless. I do respect all bikers when I come across them on the road. However I hate the asshat bikers who just blow through stop signs, ride in the middle of the road at way lower than the speed limit and basically make the rest of us bikers look like arrogant spoiled brats.

mtbr member
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shwinn8 View Post
    Awesome!!!

mtbr member
    Only in America!! "...land of the law suit..."
    to err is human... to face plant is frickin hilarious!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Sounds like she wouldn't of even stopped if the bike hadn't got hung up. Sorry I crushed your pelvis but my wheel has a scratch!

mtbr member
    Wow, how pathetic - both stories.

That video was awesome!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Until some (not all) lawyers begin to refuse to take these types of cases and courts refuse to hear them, opportunistic folks will keep filing these disgusting lawsuits. I sure hope karma exists!

CDK
    mtbr member
    She wants $2000 because that is small claims which your are not going to get a lawyer for because it will cost you over $2000 just for them to represent you. Most lawyers have a $2000-2500 retainer just to hire them. In the case that it wasn't small claims she would have no problem finding a lawyer because they don't care who you are or how bad of a person you are as long as they get paid. It will ALWAYS be that way..
    Lawyers and politicians are in the same boat as far as morals are concerned.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Good point and I couldn't agree more.
    Quote Originally Posted by CDK View Post
    She wants $2000 because that is small claims which your are not going to get a lawyer for because it will cost you over $2000 just for them to represent you. Most lawyers have a $2000-2500 retainer just to hire them. In the case that it wasn't small claims she would have no problem finding a lawyer because they don't care who you are or how bad of a person you are as long as they get paid. It will ALWAYS be that way..
    Lawyers and politicians are in the same boat as far as morals are concerned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast