Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Cow Clicker

Why are you into MTB?

How is your life different as a result of participating in MTB as an activity?

Vincit qui patitur
    Health, weight, escape from BS, solitude, outdoors, etc.
    Vincit qui patitur
    2012 GT Karakoram 3.0
    2012 Salsa Spearfish 2
    2014 KONA Process 153
    2013 Giant Defy
    2012 Access TCL

Cumbria, England.
    My life used to revolve around pubs, clubs and everything associated with that. I thought biking would keep me out of the pub and save me some money...how wrong could I have been, it would be cheaper to be an alcoholic! I'm a lot healthier for it though and can't imagine what I'd be doing now without it.
    - The seasons blow away, but the love is just the same -

undercover brother
    Quote Originally Posted by D45yth View Post
    My life used to revolve around pubs, clubs and everything associated with that. I thought biking would keep me out of the pub and save me some money...how wrong could I have been, it would be cheaper to be an alcoholic! I'm a lot healthier for it though and can't imagine what I'd be doing now without it.
    Same here man. I'll take spending my money on this hobby over $130 bar tabs every night though.

mtbr member
    Because I am addicted to the pure joy that you experience flying down a trail, intensely focused on being (and staying) alive.

That, and mountain bikes are just cool. Pure function, with aestetics worked in only when & where possible.
    Check out my You Tube Channel

passed out in your garden
    i hurt more
    always mad and usually drunk......

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Dropped 30 lbs since buying my bike in April. I seem a lot more motivated to run also...makes biking easier. This whole biking thing has put me in the best shape I have been in 15 or so years.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by owtdorz View Post
    This, and turning wrenches on cool toys.

GAME ON!
    because i'm not into anything else.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I like bikes. Like being outdoors. Like solo sports, so I can ride when I want. Like the challenge of technical trails. Like feeling like a kid again when I use to ride around on my huffy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Recently just started and got hooked! Love the buzz of the man made trails!

I didn't do it
    First and foremost I like riding bikes. As long as I can remember I have always had a bike and it was usually my prized possession, especially when I was a kid. Started out just riding around the hood, then BMX then road then mountain bike.

As I've gotten older I realize that there are a bunch of reasons why I like mountain biking. Weight loss, health, being outdoors, friends, wrenching, the thrill of riding technical lines, culture. I'm not into team sports so cycling fits the bill on that count. There are probably other reasons as well but this is what comes to mind right now.

Love it and I don't see getting out of it any time soon.

mtbr member
    I love being outdoors, being fit, and zooming through wonderful trails. It's a great feeling - just you (or perhaps a few others for a group ride), your bike, and the wilderness. MTBing also takes my mind off troubling things.
    "Be prepared, not scared"
    ~Cody Lundin

"What is stronger, fear or hope?"
    ~Lance Armstrong

mtbr member
    My number one reason is I love the feeling of going fast over some sweet smooth singletrack. It is exhilarating.

I also like to be outdoors, I love mountains, I enjoy the exercise, I like riding with my friends and family, I like the technology behind the bikes and gear ( so much has changed since I started riding 20 years ago!),and it's fun to check out new trails and places.

mtbr member
    Bicycling is a way of life for me. It benefits me in many ways other that my physical health. Its keeps me level headed and gives me a sense of solitude. I plan life around riding my bike. I have found that riding is my one true joy in life and I never get enough of it. Friends, girlfriends, people come and go in our lives, but the bike will always be there, it will never leave us.

mtbr member
    It's good for the head - Nothing like entering the trail at 5:30, beaten down from work and all the other BS in life and emerging 2 1/2 hours later under cover of darkness, invigorated and feeling great.

no trees are safe
    .... Fun!

unpossibles
    Quote Originally Posted by owtdorz View Post
    ^ This.

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Its my mistress. She never lets me down

mtbr member
    It's a great way to zone out for a few hours every week!

Husband/Dad/Firefighter.....I'm usually depended on for the most part of my day, and though I love all 3 of those titles, it's nice to get away and not have to be relied on for a few hours!!

Plus, I'm the most fit I've been in for a long while!
    www.getbusylivin.org
    http://www.prairiefireapparel.com

Guardian 2.0
    Redline Monocog Flight 29er SS (for now)

mtbr member
    Fun and excitement first. Exercise is a distant second. Especially this year, as my riding interests become more and more centered on shuttle runs with some climbing but mostly downhill, and afternoons at the resort. I have to admit, having a good lift-accessed bike park 25 minutes from my office has affected my riding perspectives a little bit. I suppose that is why I haven't experienced my usual summer 25# weight loss!
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

mtbr member
    I started biking to get in shape and lose weight. I lost 45lbs many years ago due to biking. Along the way I found some really good friends and had many a great time centered around biking trips or rides.

Now I don't get chance to ride with friends that much, but I do enjoy getting out on the trails and riding a lot. I like physical challenge and fitness it brings. I like skills challenge of riding over terrain and I really love a nice flowing track where you really need to toss the bike from turn to turn.
    Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000+ per gallon.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I'm a outdoor guy, always have been, always will be. I love to
    exercise, and mountain biking is the only type of exercise I've
    done that doesn't ever get boring. Plus lets face it, its damn fun,
    and if you can't have fun riding a mountain bike then you suck.

Gumnut Peddler
    I enjoy being outdoors, and being able to do something where I don't have to put a lot of planning into suits my busy lifestyle well.

Nothing more satisfying than coming home from a busy day and jumping on the bike for a quick ride to burn off all of the stress.

I also enjoy meeting new people, and there is always someone to bump into during a full days ride.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast