Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    May 2011
    I think it's about the simple things for me, just to get outside. Everybody needs time away from electronics and other worldly things and have some time out in the woods.

Also, it always seems to put me in a good mood even on the worst days. There is nothing like riding with the people you care about most and seeing the **** eating grin on their faces after a great downhill.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Learned how to ride a bike when I was four. Nice baby blue Huffy with a banana seat and a slick rear tire. The next summer my mom got me across the street (lived n a very busy road) and told me t ride to my grandmothers about a mile away. Talk about freedom. By the time I was ten I was riding all over the place as long as I was home before diner.

Summer before I went into the Army I saw my first mt. bike. Looked like my moms three speed with funny tires. Stationed in Germany saw more of those funny things and even tried a friends. right after I got out bought my first mt bike and felt like i was a kid again. Freedom and exploration come to mind. Plus I just love the outdoors.

mtbr member
    TO get the HECK away from my Wife & Kids!!!

heheh not realy but it does come to mind as a reason why :-)..besides exercise and love of being outside and I freakin LOVE dirt trail riding, crashing, not crashing and building my bike to perform and survive my abuse!!
    Being a Re-Born MTBer has got me OFF the COUCH and OUT of the Beer Cooler!!
    Ride MORE = Live Longer
    Love Dirt / Hate Pavement

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Why do i ride?
    I ride because its like clearing my mind of all the bs life throws at you, girls, work, exams, everything, you just lose it all, for that 2 hours or so youre riding for, youre just full on concentrating on riding, which is why i ride, i dont know about you, but that my reason.

mtbr member
    I ride for my own health and enjoyment. I work in a position that has long summer hours and can be very stressful at times. Getting on the trail is my stress relief!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Gnarly
    Every ride is different
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

FBI tested, NSA approved!
    I grew up riding to and from the pool, school, friends houses. When I started college I quit because I got too busy. I probably would have never returned to cycling or gotten very serious but I was in an accident in 1981 and fractured three vertebrae. The Orthopedic Surgeon suggested I get an office job and give up on all sports. Being somewhat contrarian, I returned to the only sport that didn't cause severe back pain. That's been a while ago and I still ride for fitness, but more than that I ride for the pure fun of biking. Going where my friends have not or on days they will not is good for me too. Something good happens when you accomplish things you thought were beyond your capacity to achieve.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

EMBA Member
    It is Fun

It keeps me young

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Why not? I have a hard time understanding how a human being could not enjoy riding a bicycle. I like enjoyable things.
    "...when I stand to climb I'm like the Hulk rowing the USS Badass up the Kickass River."
    -michaelscott

Rock n' Roller
    Joy...without reason, without explanation, without cost or expectation...the ability to move forward, to savor that movement and the thrill that comes from feeling your body propel you through life, celebrating your strengths, discovering your weaknesses, testing your limits. I could go on and on...but the smile speaks for itself.

Why do you ride?-kristirides3.jpg

That smile is the same regardless of wheel size, components, whether I'm on a carbon XT build FS or hand-me down rigid. When I'm riding my bike, I'm stripped down and nothing is left but the joy of being alive. We all need something to remind us just how fabulous life can be. I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Why do I ride, that is simple for the exercise and the great outdoors. Plus it helps relieve stress from the everyday grind at work. But mainly for the exercise

Professional Crastinator
    Because it's fun!

The improved health, increased food and beer consumption, stress relief, social interaction, etc. are all pleasant side effects.

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Because its fun and gets my mind off everything else!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Every ride is different
    +1 On that!
    ...and I'd add: every ride is an adventure. I take away something different from each ride. Sometimes big (saw a mountain lion), sometimes small (finally made it up that grind), sometimes amusing (puked trying to make it up said grind), sometimes transendental (butterfly rode on my handlebars for 3 minutes). but the #1 reason why I ride...'cos it's FUN!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Because I'm just about 52 years old, and every time I turn the cranks in the woods, I turn 8 years old again! Nothing else does that for me. Pure joy, wide grin, time is forgotten, rest and relax.

How can you beat that? Mountain biking is my own personal way back machine.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Used to race dirt bikes now I ride mountain bikes. I love the exercise I get but man it is a blast.

mtbr member
    Zen
    to err is human... to face plant is frickin hilarious!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Because after a ride and a good beer, the two go together, I can deal with the BS from work, marriage, debt, etc.
    Take away riding, and I might have to snap a neck, or two, to accomplish the same feeling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2