mtbr member

Why am I addicted to this forum?

I'll surf through several sections and read anything. Anybody else here have the same problem, or do I need help?

Your bike is incorrigible

bcause

it's the only forum for those of us who enjoy discussing biking without asking "How do you feel...?" or "Did you see the 50 foot gap I just made?" or "Which weighs more, an ounce of rubber compound or an ounce of Stans sealant?"

Plus, there are usually some nice pictures here, ones that take me far away from bleak New England weather.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr

missing elements..

...friends that ride and ready to ride with a very close trailhead and at a moments notice--
    --without these elements we are reduced to perusing hobby forums.

Quote Originally Posted by awai04
    I'll surf through several sections and read anything. Anybody else here have the same problem, or do I need help?

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr
    ...friends that ride and ready to ride with a very close trailhead and at a moments notice--
    --without these elements we are reduced to perusing hobby forums.
    Hey for some of us... it's just fricken winter. I know it's tame in comparison...but I'm not riding this weekend with 7-12" of the new white fluffy stuff.

I'm mostly cooped up until 'bouts March.

bleh

JmZ
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

I <3 29ers
    It's only a problem if you don't have a bike.

Otherwise i'm with JmZ. Winter =
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies.

mechmann_mtb
    winter weather is perfect in places like arizona and nevada. it is even bearable in southern utah. so cal is nice, but man you gotta be seriously crazy to move here. i would leave if it weren't for the wife. she would freak out massively being away from her family.

Freeriding Feline

I'm The Same

I'm the same way.
    Which forum are you in the most? This one?
    I'm in DH/Freeride a lot, Women's, NY/NJ...
    "If you give up your dream, you die."
    Twitter - KIKat1029

SingleTrax
    Dec 2005
    Its winter, the trainer and spinning only satisfies the physical, I have uncontrolable mental cravings as well. This is my outlet.
    If you find yourself struggling with loneliness, you're not alone. And yet you are alone. So very alone.

slow
    I have NO TV so I spend time here when not riding.

E !

Ahh..

Your not that bad off. Addictions could be way worse than reading the threads on here. Don't miss a beat here though, it plays out like a soap opera when it gets good!
    the - E - dog

Cheney for Sith Lord '08

Of course I have this problem

I read this one,didn't I?

mtbr member
    What else am I supposed to do at work? Well besides work that is. It is kind of like reading a book - it takes away from every day monotony and keeps the passion alive.

Ex-Clydesdale
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbidwell
    What else am I supposed to do at work? Well besides work that is. It is kind of like reading a book - it takes away from every day monotony and keeps the passion alive.
    +1

For those of you complaining about winter and snow... what's wrong with you people? Saddle up that steed and get your butt out there in the powder and ice. You're completely missing out if you haven't ridden in the snow before, it's as different as night riding.
    '94 RSBikes Stampede (commuter), '05 Prophet, '09 Scattante XRL Team, '10 Slice 4
    Retired: 97 C-DaleSuper-V, 05 C-Dale R5000

Look out!

Bonking ... not feelin' well

I don't know about you, but I need help, I check the forums out everyday. Like a bad habit. Just can't quit. I guess I could go out and ride in the snow but it just isn't the same when you have to wear 8 layers of clothes for an hour of riding time. I think I'll just stick to running till the weather warms up in March.

Mark
    Ride the bike.

It's like butta baby~ !

Well

You could move to Florida where it is 77 today. I am a little bitter about being slammed as "Flatlander".......so I'm taking a random jab.