mtbr member
    Apr 2017

Who's the oldest MTBer on this forum?

Just got into MTB again after a few decades of hiatus. Totally obessed and hoping I can ride well past my 70s and 80s. Curious if there are any MBTs on this forum that can can still ride single tracks in their 70s and 80s. Perhaps the sport has not existed long enough to have really mature riders?

I didn't do it
    Check out the Fifty+ Years Old subforum, Fifty+ Years Old - Mtbr.com

And this thread The Official 50 + Years Old Age Poll .....thread.

Lots of geezers here who ride.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

mtbr member
    I feel like the oldest, some days after hitting the trails o_0

Sent from my kltedv using Tapatalk
    "Mountain biking: the under-rated and drug-free antidepressant"

mtbr member
    Im 53 but have the body of an 87 year old,does that count?

mtbr member
    67, but I'm sure that's not even close. I used to ride with a guy a little past 70 and he's still going quite strong. I can't keep up with him, nor can some folks half his age. I've ridden with a guy past 80, he wasn't so strong. But still out there!
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

mtbr member
    105 here, at least that what it feels like sometimes...........most times
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    2014 All City Macho Man Disc
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member
    I'm 59 and ride with a guy 20 years older than I on a regular basis and he is a member of this forum and the reason I am a member of this forum.
    2017 Cannondale Scalpel Si Carbon 3 (27.5)

Moderator Moderator
    I'm 55, I know 65 yo's who kick my butt on a regular basis and one guy who rode Leadville and got a buckle when he was 70. The key is to keep at it.

WP Local
    48.... but I feel like I am still improving!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryman View Post
    ...The key is to keep at it.
    At the start of a ride once, I saw a an old guy walking down the park road towards the trailhead. He looked like a cartoon of someone run over by a Mack truck. Bandages on his head, arm in a sling, crutch under the other arm, one leg in a cast. He'd take a small step, wait, take another step. I came back about 90 minutes later to find him another 100 yards down the road. I wanted to go over and hug him.

Anytime I see someone striving to use their body - to keep moving - I see someone still trying to embrace life.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Check out the Fifty+ Years Old subforum, Fifty+ Years Old - Mtbr.com

And this thread The Official 50 + Years Old Age Poll .....thread.

Lots of geezers here who ride.
    I'm so old you beat me to this by 3 hours.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantastic79 View Post
    ...hoping I can ride well past my 70s and 80s...
    Hmmm, not sure about the "ride well" part, but ya should be able to at least stay upright if you keep active.

Good news is that once retired you'll have more time to ride and be able to take more trips. I'm 72 and in addition to riding in SoCal travelled to St. George (2x), Moab (2x), Tahoe (2x) and Bend (sadly only once) this year.

I know there are others here that are "riding well" into their 80s.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Age 72 in a month - if I live that long.

mtbr member
    I rode out on Guacamole in Hurricane, UT with a guy that was 74 and he was a very strong rider. At the time, I was 48 or 49 and he instantly became my inspiration....now knowing that I have plenty of riding left ahead of me if I can stay upright.
    2017 Pivot 5.5
    2017 Intense Primer
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WP Local View Post
    48.... but I feel like I am still improving!
    This, x100 (well, the sentiment-not the age; did Martin Luther ride? ). I am riding better each week, and my hiking endurance and strength are higher than they have ever been due to riding. What a great feeling!
    2016 El Oso Grande

mtbr member
    So far, a tie for 72?

noob bikepacker
    I am 48...but still 17 in my brain....
    "It's about having pointless fun in the woods...." - Walt
    '15 Surly Krampus
    '87 Mongoose Californian Pro

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I'm so old you beat me to this by 3 hours.
    You're getting slow in your old age DJ.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

9 lives
    I started mountain biking at 48yo; I took up DH at 50; I'm currently doing more enduro style riding... and I do other athletic activities. I'm in my late 50's

At this rate maybe I can keep going for another 20 years.

BTW The more fit you are, the longer you will live: Older Athletes Have a Strikingly Young Fitness Age

According to the test, I've got the body and mind of a 20 year old. I'll take it!
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Dab-O-Matic
    Quote Originally Posted by levity View Post
    Hmmm, not sure about the "ride well" part, but ya should be able to at least stay upright if you keep active.

Good news is that once retired you'll have more time to ride and be able to take more trips. I'm 72 and in addition to riding in SoCal travelled to St. George (2x), Moab (2x), Tahoe (2x) and Bend (sadly only once) this year.

I know there are others here that are "riding well" into their 80s.
    Quote Originally Posted by elder_mtber View Post
    Age 72 in a month - if I live that long.
    You old fkrs, 71-1/2 here (remember when fractional years counted?)!
    Problem I have is finding people to ride with near my age bracket. Have to dip down into the 40 yo age pool occasionally, but it keeps me smiling when I can hang with them. Also find I'm pretty wasted after a good ride, but isn't that what naps are for?
    SB4.5 XX1/XTR
    SB5c X0
    Cannondale Black Di2/disk (roadie)
    '07 575 XT
    ASRc (ret)
    SB95c (ret)
    SB95a (reti)

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    I feel like the oldest, some days after hitting the trails o_0

Sent from my kltedv using Tapatalk
    You and me both.

mtbr member
    I'm "only," 55 but hope to be able to trail ride well into my 70s. Some days I say to myself "I'm getting too old for this sh*t," other days I think it's the only thing that keeps me young...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    I started mountain biking at 48yo; I took up DH at 50; I'm currently doing more enduro style riding... and I do other athletic activities. I'm in my late 50's

BTW The more fit you are, the longer you will live: Older Athletes Have a Strikingly Young Fitness Age

According to the test, I've got the body and mind of a 20 year old. I'll take it!
    Thanks for the test, Cycleicious!

I'm 55 with a fitness age of 28.

I'll accept those results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Check out Ned Overend's statement on age...

https://mbaction.com/how-important-is-age-in-racing/

BTW, I am 53 years old and am still at the top of my game.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by beastmaster View Post
    BTW, I am 53 years old and am still at the top of my game.
    I'm happy to still be on top of my bike.

mtbr member
    Cool. I have the mental fitness of a 6 year old.

mtbr member
    I'll be grateful if I'm still alive and healthy in 20 years (55 now). Tomorrow's no guarantee. If I am though I fully expect to be riding my bike but I've no illusions that I'll be riding at the level I am now and I'll happily ride easier trails and/or slower speeds. Nobody's shredding at 80.
    I brake for stinkbugs

Co Springs
    Birthday in a month, will be 56 and I ride with a couple of guys at 65, 66 and one my dad's age, 78.
    They all "rock" as per getting out and moving right along but none of us are bombing down sketchy trails and conquering big rides but doing more greenway and still hitting 12 , 16 and occasional 18 mile rides.

I'm not much more adventurous but I do get out with a younger set of riders by 10 and 15 years that nudges me to keep up and gets me to some techy terrain and more challenge to keep it interesting. I like most any kind of riding and the mental health is as rewarding as the fitness buzz for me.
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

mtbr member
    Perhaps the sport has not existed long enough to have really mature riders?
    Two bicycle builders spent some time getting their business off the ground a bit over 100 years ago. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_brothers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by milliesand View Post
    Two bicycle builders spent some time getting their business off the ground a bit over 100 years ago. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_brothers
    I agree with the point. My wife started at age 58....after 3 kids and decades of only light athletic activity. She's now 64 and has already picked out which of her favorite rides to (many years from now!) spread her ashes. I guess as long as she's not planning on spreading my ashes, I shouldn't worry!

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    59yrs here, and riding faster/smoother than ever. I'd say it's mostly because how much better bikes are now than 20 yrs ago. Trails have greatly improved as well, much bigger jumps and taller berms. As much as I love picking lines through rock gardens like I did in my old jeep, you can't deny the joy of a fast/smooth flow trail. I'm not the oldest in my group, and wonder when we'll start to walk and ride like old men. Old age; the new frontier!
    oops I wasn't clipped in

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jim c View Post
    59yrs here, and riding faster/smoother than ever. I'd say it's mostly because how much better bikes are now than 20 yrs ago. Trails have greatly improved as well, much bigger jumps and taller berms. As much as I love picking lines through rock gardens like I did in my old jeep, you can't deny the joy of a fast/smooth flow trail. I'm not the oldest in my group, and wonder when we'll start to walk and ride like old men. Old age; the new frontier!
    Bad@ss post. Love it!
    2016 El Oso Grande

mtbr member
    69 here, looking at the Big 70 next July. Hubs is 73 next week. We're both still riding with no plans to stop.
    The best defense against bullsh*t is vigilance. If you smell something, say something.
    Jon Stewart

mtbr member
    @June Bug. - you go gurl!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by June Bug View Post
    69 here, looking at the Big 70 next July. Hubs is 73 next week. We're both still riding with no plans to stop.
    The winning pair so far.
    Most "seasoned" man, woman AND pair...it's a triple play!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Charlie Kelly must be almost 70...he's been a mountain biker longer than any of us. You out there RepackRider? Much respect!

Cycologist
    Where's Velobike? He's over 70, still rides all day races on his singlespeed.

I just turned 54 so I'm still a youngster.
    Last edited by chazpat; 1 Week Ago at 04:25 PM.
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams.

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by June Bug View Post

SweeT
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

powered by peanut butter.
    When I was about 26, I'd been riding for a couple of years and was just starting to feel good about my fitness and skills, but there was this one hill that always gassed me. One day, I was out grinding up that steep climb, drooping over my bars, gasping for air, really giving it my all. Out of the blue I hear this voice say, "Coming by on your left." Then this guy who must have been 70 just breezes by me ON A SINGLESPEED. He was chatting about the weather while I sucked wind.

So yeah, it's definitely possible. Keep at it!
    "Never trust a man in a blue trench coat. Never drive a car when you're dead." -- Tom Waits

mtbr member

2017 Leadville 100 results, 70-79 age group

maybe this will inspire you to keep pedaling

Who's the oldest MTBer on this forum?-l.jpg

... that, or convince you to move to Colorado

I ran out of breath reading down this thread. I'm left pondering my age.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    I plan to turn pro in MTB around 70, unless I get sidetracked in my 60s, e.g. playing in the NBA or NFL.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    An 80 year man sumited Everest. A feat once thought impossible by man not so long ago. Staying active and excited for life is key. Adventure, be it a bike ride on new trail or whatever does it for me.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Just got into MTB again after a few decades of hiatus. Totally obessed and hoping I can ride well past my 70s and 80s. Curious if there are any MBTs on this forum that can can still ride single tracks in their 70s and 80s. Perhaps the sport has not existed long enough to have really mature riders?
    I think a reality check is in need: 70s and 80s? Unfortunately, as a friend of mine nicely put it, pass 50 and the bullets start flying. For real, a lot: people REALLY drop dead by the numbers starting around the end of the "middle age".

The whole 40 is the new 20, 50 new 30, 60 new 40 etc, is a lot, a real lot, of wishful thinking. Sure, there are some people who somehow navigate into their late seventies and they can still do sports at some level. But the reality is that your endurance will go down by miles, recovery times will be dramatically higher, and it will simply hurt, a lot, to do sports.

So ... get ready ... unless you drop dead (again, a very distinct possibility onward your 60s) and therefore will not have to think about it, it is good to spend some time to consider what it will mean to have the capacity for physical activity so very reduced. For people like us, very active physically, it is going to be a challenge. It is the last chapter in life, and it is probably not spent in the best way by clinging to memories of when we were young and strong ...

mtbr member
    ^^^some truth in that. In the past two years I've had two friends drop dead while mtbing, one just past 60 and the other in his early 40s. Personally, I was in great shape and going great guns when I hit 60. Now in my mid 60s, things are starting to head south. Of course I have no plans to dial it back...beyond what I must out of necessity.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Met an 82 year old guy at the Ore to Shore race in Marquette this summer, he was doing the soft rock race (28 miles). Hope i can still go up and do the race at 82.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide View Post
    I think a reality check is in need: 70s and 80s? Unfortunately, as a friend of mine nicely put it, pass 50 and the bullets start flying. For real, a lot: people REALLY drop dead by the numbers starting around the end of the "middle age".

The whole 40 is the new 20, 50 new 30, 60 new 40 etc, is a lot, a real lot, of wishful thinking. Sure, there are some people who somehow navigate into their late seventies and they can still do sports at some level. But the reality is that your endurance will go down by miles, recovery times will be dramatically higher, and it will simply hurt, a lot, to do sports.

So ... get ready ... unless you drop dead (again, a very distinct possibility onward your 60s) and therefore will not have to think about it, it is good to spend some time to consider what it will mean to have the capacity for physical activity so very reduced. For people like us, very active physically, it is going to be a challenge. It is the last chapter in life, and it is probably not spent in the best way by clinging to memories of when we were young and strong ...
    I can attest to the truth of this. Endurance, recovery time, energy level, etc., do indeed decline. But if you're lucky enough to dodge some of those bullets over which one has no control, keeping active helps keep you active. Maybe I won't be climbing the same rocky climbs in 5 or 10 years. But I hope to be riding something, somewhere, for as long as I can. Read below: Use it, use it, use it while you still have it

mtbr member
    The secret to happiness is having low expectations and then exceeding them.

After his 82nd birthday, my father took up snowboarding. He stuffed his pants with carpet padding, wore a sturdy helmet and wrist guards and hit the slopes....I mean he HIT the slopes. I've never seen anyone fall so hard at 7 mph. And he had a shit eating grin the whole time.

Yeah, it'll all go downhill after about 30. So what? Just do it!

BTW, I turned 65 this summer, have lived on the Wasatch back at 6500 ft for 27 years and have kept data on my climbs for over 15 years. I set 7 personal records on 45+ minute climbs this summer. I attribute it to better equipment and $$$, but that's okay. I still bike with my 26 year old son. We make 2 pilgrimages a year to Moab where I get my butt kicked. Maybe I'll drop dead, who knows? I'm not quitting, though. I made it through 20 years of flying fighters, and (so far) I'm ahead of a cancer diagnosis so I'm living on borrowed time as it is. I'm gonna make the most of it.

Also, get a calcium scan. If that widow maker is full, at least you can plan accordingly. You know, still ride hard, but have the paperwork for your survivors all sorted out. You'll probably be taken out by a texting mommy in a Suburban full of screaming kids anyway.
    Last edited by MSU Alum; 1 Week Ago at 09:47 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by heartland View Post
    When I was about 26, I'd been riding for a couple of years and was just starting to feel good about my fitness and skills, but there was this one hill that always gassed me. One day, I was out grinding up that steep climb, drooping over my bars, gasping for air, really giving it my all. Out of the blue I hear this voice say, "Coming by on your left." Then this guy who must have been 70 just breezes by me ON A SINGLESPEED. He was chatting about the weather while I sucked wind.

So yeah, it's definitely possible. Keep at it!
    Awesome story. This is the stuff that makes growing older less of a thing to fear.
    2016 El Oso Grande

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasp4Air View Post
    I can attest to the truth of this. Endurance, recovery time, energy level, etc., do indeed decline. But if you're lucky enough to dodge some of those bullets over which one has no control, keeping active helps keep you active. Maybe I won't be climbing the same rocky climbs in 5 or 10 years. But I hope to be riding something, somewhere, for as long as I can. Read below: Use it, use it, use it while you still have it
    Oh yes, there is no reason to stop now just because eventually it will on its own!

I guess I am just reacting to the "youth-forever" culture. We all would like to have the body (and brain) of a twenty years old, but it is not going to happen ... we, or at least the lucky among us, do get older and we better prepare for the transition and find joy in a condition that will change our present way of life ...

mtbr member
    2016 El Oso Grande

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post

Nice!

I am 59 and scored as a 29 year old. I'll take it!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoDon View Post
    Nice!

I am 59 and scored as a 29 year old. I'll take it!!!
    I'm 65 and this test puts me at "above average" VO2 max for an 18-25 year old. I'm extremely skeptical!! Aint. No. Way.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU Alum View Post
    I'm 65 and this test puts me at "above average" VO2 max for an 18-25 year old. I'm extremely skeptical!! Aint. No. Way.
    Maybe your VO2 max is for the average 18-25 year old and not 'athlete'? Not sure.

I know I got penalized for weight, at 6-2 and 210 pounds I am not exactly svelte.

C'mon man I'm feeling really pumped right now, don't bring me down

noob bikepacker
    It put me at 48, and I am 48...but I feel WAY more in shape now than at any other time in my life...because I am. And I eat better, and exercise better now. I am probably more flexible now than I was when I was younger...
    '15 Surly Krampus

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoDon View Post
    Maybe your VO2 max is for the average 18-25 year old and not 'athlete'? Not sure.

I know I got penalized for weight, at 6-2 and 210 pounds I am not exactly svelte.

C'mon man I'm feeling really pumped right now, don't bring me down
    Ha!! I feel it too. I was just hoping someone would respond with, "But MSU, everyone knows you're a god"!
    Close enough.

mtbr member
    My "fitness" age was only 6 years blow my chronological. I has to guess at a few things and I didn't lie too much. Most people think I'm at least 10 years younger than my age. But that's because I'm immature.

Cycologist
    Mine was 31, actual age is 54. I guessed at my resting heart rate, though I know it is good. But I have a doc appt this afternoon so maybe I'll get a more exact.

But it can't be very accurate, no choice between exercising "2 or 3 days a week" and "almost every day". Where does 4 or 5 days a week fit in? I'm just going to extrapolate and say I'm 25.
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams.

noob bikepacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasp4Air View Post
    My "fitness" age was only 6 years blow my chronological. I has to guess at a few things and I didn't lie too much. Most people think I'm at least 10 years younger than my age. But that's because I'm immature.
    I am in the same boat...

...and I frimly beleive that you are as old as your brain allows you to be...

..and I feel I am still lucky enough to say that b/c my body still lets me do stupid things to it for the most part
    '15 Surly Krampus

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I'm 63 and my 62 year old wife rides.

I see a lot of old guys that ride, but very seldom see women riders that are older.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    I'm 63 and my 62 year old wife rides.

I see a lot of old guys that ride, but very seldom see women riders that are older.
    "Seasoned" couples rule!

Cycologist
    Revised with accurate heart beat puts me at 34. Nurse was wondering why my blood pressure was so low, she checked my history and saw it was inline with my past. And then asked if I worked out a lot.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Way to contribute, Buzz Killington.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBitey View Post
    Way to contribute, Buzz Killington.
    Yeah, that was not remotely in keeping with the theme. Blah.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Barring a genetic anomaly we have a lot of control over how we age. There is now a wealth of scientifically verifiable information on the impact of diet, supplementation, stress management, meditation, sleep, sun exposure, interpersonal relationships, exercise, & time spent in nature has on our health. Begin mastering these now and reap the benefits. There is no question being mindful of these vs freinds that aren't has benfited me. I see it every time I look in the mirror and feel it my energy levels & enthusiasm every time we hang out. With that said there is a single common denominator we all share, death. Make the most of your time, it's all you will ever truely own in this life. Don't let other people and the material aspect of our society own it for you.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member

Thanks for the cheerful bit of information.

Now if everybody will excuse me, I will now off myself.

Sheesh!

I'm so old, the only reason I took up mountain biking is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by joeduda View Post
    Met an 82 year old guy at the Ore to Shore race in Marquette this summer, he was doing the soft rock race (28 miles). Hope i can still go up and do the race at 82.
    People up there are hearty or too stubborn to vapor lock .
    Wow - 82 is awesome !!

Co Springs
    I'm in pretty good shape.
    We have a two-story house and I went up and down them stairs maybe 8 times

in the same day!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Turning 65 in a few months.
    At 59 I was in the 30 to 50 mile a week club. Did the stagecoach 400 bikepacking race and was bit by the bug. Did the Tour Divide a few months later and have completed many more bikepack challenges. Did the 24 hour World TT championships last year and was able to log 324 miles on my adapted 29er mountain bike.
    I had heart surgery in 7th grade and lost an eye to cancer in the mid 80's. I was never a fast biker out of the blocks and that is why longer rides appeal to me. I prefer long and steady efforts to balls to the wall lung and leg bursting efforts or doing intervals.
    But the real key to longevity and staying active and healthy in your golden years has a lot more to do with diet than exercise. If you think that riding excuses being overweight, a shit diet, drinking alcohol and living the "good life then you are sadly mistaken.
    My wife took me on a journey to a better diet and that has made a huge difference. By the way she is 61, a type one diabetic and rides her mountain bike more than most.
    Look at the start list for events like the Tour Divide, AZT and Colorado Trail race and you will see many riders in their 60's. In fact one guy did the triple crown (all three events in the same year) and he was in his 60's. He actually finished 4th overall in the AZT!
    None of us are going to get out of this alive so you might as well enjoy the journey as long as you can.

mtbr member
    I'm 66, been riding for years, minus a few years layoff for knees and cancer - a few of those bullets flying our way that I managed to dodge, more or less successfully.

Over the last couple of years, I typically ride 50-80 miles a week, road and MTB. I picked up a fat bike so I could ride in the winter, but I find that that bike is all I ride on the singletrack in the summer too. I'm a curious guy, so I ride with three different heart rate monitors running on four different devices. Although my theoretical max heart rate is 154, I routinely see sustained 168-170 bpm on singletrack climbs. I ride with my son a lot and I confess I made sure he knew the rudiments of CPR . The other folks I ride with are mostly doctors. So I got that going for me. Which is nice...

mtbr member
    Interesting how a "Who's the oldest" thread turns into a "look how fit I am" thread.

mtbr member
    Interesting how a "Who's the oldest" thread turns into a "look how fit I am" thread.
    Given the natural decline in fitness as age increases and the fact that fitness is a big component of mountain biking, it shouldn’t be surprising that fitness becomes a big component of any thread about older mountain bikers.
    Last edited by Cuyuna; 6 Days Ago at 02:34 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuyuna View Post
    Given the natural decline in fitness as age increases and the fact that fitness is a big component of mountain biking, it shouldn’t be surprising that fitness becomes a big component of any thread about older mountain bikers.
    Then start a thread on it.

mtbr member
    Why can't such aspects attend the original post's question? Seems there is no need for a binary approach. Personally, I like reading about the fitness accomplishments of older riders.
    2016 El Oso Grande

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHun View Post
    Why can't such aspects attend the original post's question? Seems there is no need for a binary approach. Personally, I like reading about the fitness accomplishments of older riders.
    "Who's the oldest MTBer on this forum" is a pretty simple question. Anyone can chime in and talk about whatever they want, of course.

You know binary means 2, right? I agree, there is no need for 2 approaches....just the one in answer to the OP.

It's okay, I'm just feeling ornery...it probably attends an aspect of my age!

I cycle through man-o-pause on a fairly regular basis!

mtbr member
    Yes, and those might also be considered to be, "Respond to the question or don't respond at all."

Cheers, MSU.
    2016 El Oso Grande

mtbr member
    Yes, and those might also be considered to be, "Respond to the question or don't respond at all."

Cheers, MSU.
    Yeah, this was just me yelling at kids to get off my lawn! And it's not even my lawn.
    Cheers.

mtbr member
    Does this include sex because......

mtbr member
    Then start a thread on it.
    That would be redundant. We have this one.

I didn't do it
    LOL, grumpy old men.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

That guy
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    Barring a genetic anomaly we have a lot of control over how we age. There is now a wealth of scientifically verifiable information on the impact of diet, supplementation, stress management, meditation, sleep, sun exposure, interpersonal relationships, exercise, & time spent in nature has on our health. Begin mastering these now and reap the benefits. There is no question being mindful of these vs freinds that aren't has benfited me. I see it every time I look in the mirror and feel it my energy levels & enthusiasm every time we hang out. With that said there is a single common denominator we all share, death. Make the most of your time, it's all you will ever truely own in this life. Don't let other people and the material aspect of our society own it for you.
    This! Since I've started taking control the benefits have been multiplying exponentially!
    American Idle