mtbr member

Who kept '05 resolutions? What's up for '06?

Positive or negative - what you promised to do or not to do.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Well I promised to always keep in touch with a friend I met in Iraq---and I have.

I didn't resolve to lose weight (I don't think--sometimes hard to remember what gets "promised on a virtual board-ha ha!).

I went from 202 pounds Jan 04 before Iraq to 174 pounds Feb 05 after Iraq. Right now I weigh 203 which is down from 206 post XMAS day. I have weighed as much as 220 in the past. I resolve to try to get back down to 175ish and not to get above 185ish for 06.

Over the Hill
    I did well on last year’s mountain biking resolutions; wanted to start single speeding bought a Kona Unit and loved it, then 4 months later bought a Niner One-9, love it more…sold the Unit. Wanted to do some road trips; went to Mammoth Mountain/Lake Tahoe for two weeks of riding and then two weeks in Flagstaff and Sedona.

Biggest MTB goal for the year was to climb the hill behind my house on a single speed without stopping, took me until today (picture below). It is a 720ft climb over a mile and 1/3. There is no flat spots to rest and has a 20% grade on one section. Fireroad access to Laguna Wilderness Park at the end of Dartmore Street.

Next years MTB resolutions are not to buy a new bike. Spend more biking days in Tahoe and get to Gooseberry Mesa and Durango. Since a just met my local challenge today I have to think about that one for awhile. I do know I need to spend more time on my geared bike because I SS 95% of the time and I have lost my endurance to sit and spin on my geared bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dstepper; 12-31-2005 at 07:57 PM. Reason: spelling corrections

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dstepper
    I did well on last year’s mountain biking resolutions; wanted to start single speeding bought a Kona Unit and loved it, then 4 months later bought a Niner One-9, love it more…sold the Unit. Wanted to do some road trips; went to Mammoth Mountain/Lake Tahoe for two weeks of riding and then two weeks in Flagstaff and Sedona.

Biggest MTB goal for the year was to climb the hill behind my house on a single speed without stopping, took me until today (picture below). It is a 720ft climb over a mile and 1/3. There is no flat spots to rest and has a 20% grade on one section. Fireroad access to Laguna Wilderness Park at the end of Dartmore Street.

Next years MTB resolutions are not to buy a new bike. Spend more biking days in Tahoe and get to Gooseberry Mesa and Durango. Since a just met my local challenge today I have to think about that one for awhile. I do know I need to spend more time on my geared bike because I SS 95% of the time and I have lost my endurance to sit and spin on my geared bike.
    I sense a trend going on. I bought a Unit in '04 and ordered a s.i.r 9 in '05 (delivery in late January they say) and finally made the steepest local hill in December. But for sit and spin I take the easy canyon fireroads. Friday I traded bikes for a climb and rode a squishy, what a chore!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I made the resolution not to make any more resolutions. So far so good.

aka baycat
    My resolution is to clean more switchbacks and explore new trails

and to NOT buy a new bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    My new year's resolution was to be a big lazy slob whenever possible, and I'm not kidding.