This place needs an enema

Whizzler XC (x-post 29")

Two packed days of riding in the Whizzler Bike Park took a toll on us with sore hands and ankles (and for me, ribs), so today we parked the park bikes and went for a mellow (<-in a relative sense!) XC ride on the north side of the valley.

Trails ridden were River Runs Through It, Cut Yer Bars, Roll Yer Bones, Emerald Forest, and a buncha 'social trails' betwixt. At home we have relatively easy access to off-road opportunities around the perimeter of the valley, but nothing close to this. We were out 4+ hours today and I'll bet our farthest point from the condo was less than 2 miles. The trails serpentine <span style="font-style:italic;">tightly</span> through the woods, often closely approaching backyards, golf courses, grocery stores, cemeteries, etc..., so that while it might have taken you over 2 hours to reach a certain point, a quick exit and connection via the Valley Trail (paved bike path) gets you home quick in the event of bonk, rain, locusts, etc...

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/14894746?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0&amp;c olor=ff9933" width="900" height="506" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Great, great stuff.

Cheers,

MC

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Sweetness. Thanks for the motivation to get out and ride! (if I was in Whistler, I wouldn't need motivation!)
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - Brand Manager
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

mtbr member
    All that hype of Whistler and you have 3:30 of a guy trying to get over a f'ing log?

I'd love to get up there and ride. The place looks cool. ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    but its a nice looking log! Tenacious that's for sure.

That area is pretty cool. Lee and I will be checking it out more since we'll be moving to Alpine in Oct.

sorry we missed you mike!

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFahn
    All that hype of Whistler and you have 3:30 of a guy trying to get over a f'ing log?

I'd love to get up there and ride. The place looks cool. ttyl, Fahn
    Sometimes it's the sleepers that getcha. We're total noobs when it comes to skinnies, logs, teeters. We were shocked at what we could easily do *once we committed*. When we got to that log we didn't give it a second thought--it seemed like a no brainer. Not so much...

MC

mtbr member
    Word! I hear ya. A couple of us at Hubbard build stuff that seems totally cool. We think it's within our limits and stuff. Once we're done though we always let the "thinker" ride it first. We're always hesitant and play it safe the first couple hits and then we're like "That's cake. We need to go bigger on the next one." Ttyl, Fahn

PS. If you stand when you're on the skinnies, you can balance a LOT easier.
    Hubbard Bike Club

mtbr member
    Cool video! I love that feeling of victory when you finally clean something but I would have probably just kept riding after the fifth attempt....but then again maybe not....

Members who have read this thread: 0