mtbr member
    Apr 2011

When New Parts Make You Smile....Monty Python "I Feel Happy"

I have ridden a lot ( personally ) this spring/summer/now fall, and have thrown a lot of money at my mtn and road bike to keep them going. I have no one to blame for the destruction but myself ( too many beers and jellys' ).

Anywho, my crankset/bottom bracket area has been a thorn in my side all year. I threw three bottom brackets on the bike, including a Chris King BB, faced and chased the bottom bracket shell, but nothing seamed to make this crankset work right. Always creaking, popping, grinding under load.

Well, I did a lot of research trying to find the right crankset for me, and so far it has paid off. This thing pedals like butter, and is stiff as a old growth oak tree. For the first time in a while, I am happy with a new part right from the start. Hopefully me and this crankset can grow old together.

That is all....have a great day.

Carbon or Commie?
    And the new crankset is?

DIY all the way
    We are all ears

Magura

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I guess I kinda left the names out to protect the innocent. It doesn't really matter who makes the better crankset **cough--cough** Shimano, or that I really feel like a **cough** Saint when I ride it.

But if you must know, its not a SRAM X9.