I <3 NM

What's on your MTB Rides Bucket List?

Vital MTB's 5 Places to Ride at least once in you life:

MTB Bucket List, 5 Places to Ride at Least Once in Your Life According to Mike Ferrentino - Features - Vital MTB

This time last year I spend 2 wks in Mt. Monganui, NZ - which is a short drive from Rotorua. The trails are amazing and the Kiwis are top-notch hosts.

I'm hoping to mark #1 off the list soon (looks like I am transfering to souther Germany for 3-5 yrs starting this summer).

I'm always on the look out for tasty single track and epic views.

What's on your list?
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Definitely French Alps. Heck, Italian Alps for that matter as well. I've always wondered if there's good mtb in northern Spain.
    Oregon/Washington DOES have some amazing stuff. I grew up in NM and this stuff is challenging in a much more different manner. McKenzie River, Ape Canyon, Siouxson Creek, Growlers Gulch, Surveyor's Ridge, etc, etc... Can't wait to do MBO down in central Oregon next year outside Oakridge.
    Fruita, CO is another place I'd like to make it. Really, anywhere where there's some trail is always a find.

toscano
    * From an island to another one in Croazia
    * everywhere in the Dolomiti area, about France better the south then the Alps
    * South Spain and spanish side of Pirenees
    * Slovenian Alps, the wild side of Alps
    * Eastern Europe: Carpazi mountains on the polish side and it is impossible to forget the Balkans

But 5, in may opinion, is a little number...

*** very nice here MTB Bucket List, 5 Places to Ride at Least Once in Your Life According to Mike Ferrentino - Features - Vital MTB
    where is written:
    "Ride up some famous Tour De France road climb until people start to speak Italian..."
    Top level considerations about france "hot women" too...
    Last edited by toscano; 12-12-2012 at 03:42 AM.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    Everything and everywhere that is awesome.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    To try to get my wife to enjoy the sport. I kind of did her wrong by taking her out on trails that I didn't know all that well and they were above her skill level. Now to find some nice flat, smooth, hardpacked trails. Also need to get her some better tires.

Twin Six METAL Team
    To ride as many places as possible with my kids and good friends! My wife doesn't ride, but is very supportive!

bust a move
    Near term: Kingdom Trails VT - Fall 2013

After that: Switzerland - Hawaii - New Zealand

I was fortunate enough to ride Sedona, Moab, Fruita and Crested Butte all for the time this year.
    Falling down is part of LIFE…Getting back up is LIVING…

I <3 NM
    I live in New Mexico and we have awesome (and uncrowded trails) but I have still haven't managed to check the South Boundary Trail at Taos off my list yet.

"Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Fruita = MTB Heaven to me but I have seen some amazing trails in Switzerland posted that look absolutely breathtaking. Anywhere where the starting TH is higher than the lower TH. LOL.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

Now broadcasting from CO
    Organized by distance from me:

1) The Southern Traverse in Harrisonburg, VA. I've ridden a bunch down there, but never done this ride.
    2) Pisgah.
    3) Oregon/Washington/Montana
    4) BC
    5) Any Alps (French, Swiss, Italian)
    Brought to you by rocks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I have relatives in Zurich and get over there every other year, but I have yet to ride the Alps, save for on my snowboard. Definitely on my bucket list. Long term I'm thinking 2015 and the Himalaya's and maybe 2016 hitting the Olympic course in Rio. Beyond that just good trips and rides with good friends, doesn't really matter the destination. Sedona, North Rim of the GC, Taos, all places I will ride, barring any major accidents.

mtbr member
    Sun Valley and the Alps. I'll start with that list for now, it'll take me a while to get to both of those.

mtbr member
    first stop, Utah... would love to try my hand at the rampage course... which would most likely kill me.

huh that was an easy list. lol

=p

Utah, Moab . super unique terrain
    Mt. Saint Anne. purely because its so iconic
    Scotland
    Australia, not sure where.. But just seems like somewhere that would have some cool terrain.
    2012 Giant Reign 1

Trips for Kids Denver
    I've ridden in 11 states and would like to ride at least one trail in the remaining states then go to all the best places in B.C. then Aus, NZ
    " I'm not inclined to resign to maturity "

My Brain Hurts!
    I want to ride Ireland, Italy, All of the UP of Michigan and be the first human to mountain bike on Mars....
    If your gonna dream, dream BIG
    Remember when we were kids and our Mom's said we could not play in the mud? I'm making up for it now!!

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Sun Valley
    Gallup
    Maah Daah Hey
    Lake Raystown
    Tsali
    Kingdom Trails
    Philippines

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Monarch Crest
    Silverton to Durango

MTB B'dos
    There's places I'd like to go, but of places I absolutely want to see before I can't, New Zealand, hands down #1. Don't know where they have the best trails, but I'd just like to go and see both South and North islands and ride whatever trails I find and also shoot more images than I can store of their absolutely unique eco systems.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics