Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Team Fearless Descender

What are you thankful for (MTB related)?

Well, I've been at this, the MTB thing for 27 years now, so I'm thankful I'm still doing it, and love it more than ever.

Thankful for all the improvements I've seen over all those years in hardware.

Thankful for all the places MTBing has taken me over the years - UT, CO, OR, NV, AZ (and even NZ, even though that was a road ride - 500mi!).

Thankful my wife has been riding with me since before we were married.

Thankful for the chance to meet some of the top athletes over the years.

Thankful for the chance to meet some of the great manufacturers over the years.

Thankful for all the friends I've met, friends that have become close friends, over the years (some of them from right here on MTBR).

Thankful that there isn't a day that goes by were I don't at least think about riding.

Thankful that my health is good, and that I'll be riding for yet another year.

Thankful that I'll be riding tomorrow, Thanksgiving day, and everyday this weekend.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

mtbr member
    I've been doing that post one thing you are thankful for each day in November thing on Facebook (that probably annoys anyone who's not doing it ).

Here's my post from the first day:

"Day 1: My bike. I learned to mountain bike July 2010 and got this bike July of 2011. I'm thankful for everything it has taught me. I can be fit, I can be skilled, I can be strong. I have a way to go on all three of those, but I'm thankful that I know I can do it."

mtbr member
    Thankful I got back into biking after a 25 year break
    Thankful for my health which allows me to bike and which biking is helping protect
    Thankful for all the healthy highs biking gives me adrenaline endorphins
    Thankful for my riding group that helps push me and gives me great company on the trail
    Thankful for the trails in have in my area
    Thankful for everything biking teaches me, lessons that can be applied to all aspects of life motivation dedication endurance limits
    We are all really lucky
    And thankful for bike lights that allow me to ride an extra two months of the year
    "So I'm packing my bag for the misty mountain.."

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I'm thankful for the wheel. Without it the ride would be very uncomfortable and slow.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    that I still bring the heat, take the hole shot and live to ride, ride to live
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    I'm thankful for the trails, trees, even the rocks. I'm thankful for having an expensive toy. Most of all, I'm thankful still being able to do it. I'm old enough to know it doesn't last forever.
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

I sweep myself
    Thankful that I can ride.

Too many injuries and surgeries, just thankful I can still swing a leg over an' pedal.
    "In the past few years there has been building up within me an obsession that the only way to piece of mind is to go somewhere in the desert, far away from things, and just sit down." - Ernie Pyle

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Thankful I can call my bike a ten speed again.

the half breed devil
    i am thankful that i am fifty years old and still riding like i was when i was thirty five.

i am thankful that providence has seen to it that i have not just one, but four marvelous bikes that are all trailworthy in one way or another and the fact that i only had to pay full price for one of them.

i am thankful that i was able to get a very good ride in today and probably will have another tomorrow...

powered by peanut butter.
    After getting into cycling in a big way five years ago, I lost a whole lot of weight.

So I'm thankful that, thanks to riding a bunch, I can now fit into my wife's skinny jeans (and, you know, that I probably increased my life expectancy by quite a bit).

I'm also thankful that I'm signed up for a 62 mile gravel grinder on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. All the more license to overindulge on turkey day!
    "Never trust a man in a blue trench coat. Never drive a car when you're dead." -- Tom Waits

Never Forget 9-11
    Having more than I need, some of what I want, sunny fall days and and that 3 hour window once evey three days where it's just me and the trail.
    It's such a fine line between idiocy and genius.

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    Thankful for being able to ride no matter the weather here in the Bay Area!
    It's pronounced "so pro and cool."
    It was an impulse decision.

EDR
    Lots of things but I am truly thankful for being born in the USA. No joke. I love this country even with all its faults.

Insert Star Spangled Banner here_______!

-oops, just read the title...this is not mtb related.

EDIT: I'm thankful for a million places to ride and the opportunity to drive for months on end to find these places without ever needing a passport....or an electrical adapter, lol.

I'm thankful to all the trail builders and trail stewards across this great nation and all over the world as I am not one of them. Thanks!

I'm also thankful for the dropper post
    Last edited by eatdrinkride; 11-21-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Give it a crank
    Gravity, chamois, and all the awesome trails in the great outdoors.

There's more, I'm actually very appreciative of everything around me when I ride, from the earth below, to the clean air above, all the human effort that's been put into making great bikes, the incredibly useful smartphone that replaced many other devices, the parks, the thousands of hours that others have put into making the trails, and it goes on and on... every ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thankful for two working arms and legs. Financial means and an awesome state (UT) that allows me to enjoy this sport to the fullest.

boxcar
    I'm thankful for mountain biking:

MTBing brought me from Illinois to Colorado.
    MTBing keeps me healthy, healthier as I have fortunately gotten stronger from past major injuries.
    MTBing is the reason for my friends I have met over the years.
    MTBing puts food on my table and a roof over my head, without it I would have to get a much less fun job.
    MTBing brought my wife into my life(officially getting married in May) and we bought a house on a mountain and are building mtb trails.

Riding from a young age, mountain biking taught me to set goals and to achieve them.

I love my life, and I wouldn't have it if it weren't for mountain biking so I am supremely thankful for that.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thankful for my wife trying mt biking for the first time and loving it. Now it is turning into a family activity.

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Thankful for good trails, a good bike, and the great friends I have met mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Thankful the men and women of our military who defend our freedom.
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thankful I'm back to enjoying this on a regular basis.

mtbr member
    One word: spoke nipples. Well, actually that's 2 words so I'll just shorten it to nipples. Thanks you for nipples. Oh, and bananna cream pie. I love that ****.

It's about showing up.
    I am reaching Gnarly Old Dude status.
    I don't rattle.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I'm tHankful be able ride MTB @49 years ol....

mtbr member
    Thankful to be able to ride this any time I want.

Photobucket

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I'm Thankful for the ability to ride and a Wife who supports me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast