Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

What would you do?

Have a little delima and need suggestions.

Was out riding "Mtnbiking" today and while sitting on a log taking a break enjoying the scenery a biker approached me from the opposite direction.She instantly smiled,dismounted her bike and sat on the log sharing her interest in mtnbiking.She recently moved to the area and showed great interest in the vast trail systems we have in the area.She asked if it would be willing to ride with her so that she could feel more secure while learning the trails.

Well...surely i would be a good candidate as I've ridden most of the many trails over a 20yr period.I was exactly what she was looking for and as a physiologist she claimed i was down to earth and trustworthy.

Now the problem! don't laugh!
    This young lady is an exceedingly attractive lady with a very alluring personality.I'm a happily married man celebrating 27yrs of marriage.I was raised in a small mountain community with strong morals and was always taught never spend to much alone time with the opposite sex as to avoid worldly desires.My wife may appose also.

Without being to rough on me,what kind of advice could you share and take into consideration...this girl is built for speed,active and single.

mtbr member
    I have been in somewhat similar circumstances myself. I think it comes down to your take. If you strongly feel there could be trouble, avoid it.
    Personally I enjoy the platonic company of young women when Mtbing, Snowboarding etc.
    But these are always just that platonic.
    Just my 2 cents.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post

Was out riding "Mtnbiking" today and while sitting on a log taking a break enjoying the scenery a biker approached me from the opposite direction.She instantly smiled,dismounted her bike and sat on the log sharing her interest in mtnbiking.She recently moved to the area and showed great interest in the vast trail systems we have in the area.She asked if it would be willing to ride with her so that she could feel more secure while learning the trails.

Well...surely i would be a good candidate as I've ridden most of the many trails over a 20yr period.I was exactly what she was looking for and as a physiologist she claimed i was down to earth and trustworthy.

Now the problem! don't laugh!
    This young lady is an exceedingly attractive lady with a very alluring personality.I'm a happily married man celebrating 27yrs of marriage.I was raised in a small mountain community with strong morals and was always taught never spend to much alone time with the opposite sex as to avoid worldly desires.My wife may appose also.

Without being to rough on me,what kind of advice could you share and take into consideration...this girl is built for speed,active and single.

Full disclosure with your wife is the first and most important thing.

mtbr member
    Send her my way

Afric Pepperbird
    I'd start by single-spacing my sentences....

Serenity now!
    Maybe you could invite her on a larger group ride so she could meet some other mountain bikers in the area.

I agree, if you aren't looking for trouble you shouldn't ride with her alone. It sounds like you are definitely attracted to her.

I started a women's riding group because I found it awkward as a happily married female to ride with only guys (unless my hubby is one of them, which is rare due to our schedules). Fortunately other women came out of the woodwork when the word got out that there were some mountain bikin' chicks looking for riding partners.
    Duchess of Dab

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Marriage simply works against the way we men are hardwired. I am not married because I know i will never say no to an alluring hot chick that comes my way which unfortunatly never happens. But as a matter of principle marriage is doomed to fail in most cases. I think if I was married to the same person for 27 an affair here or there would be necessary to keep sanity. I seriously couldn't imagine being too torn up over it either after so long with the same person.

I know I sound like I'm trolling here but I am just being brutally honest.
    Last edited by WVJon75; 12-05-2012 at 08:06 PM.

mtbr member
    your effed,

unless you can make it a "group" ride.... then your not alone.. people will always talk, and thats what will piss of the wife. assuming she trusts you and you trust here, its all the little birds chirping at her that will make it an issue.
    2012 Giant Reign 1

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Don't tell your wife you know how she would react.

You are man enough to admit its a challenge being around her, don't proceed. Then you have nothing to tell the wife about.

Did you get her number or email?

mtbr member
    GET NEKKID!!!

Just kidding, I agree with the full disclosure with the wife thing, that one could really bite you in the azz down the road. Does your wife ride? If so, that would be a great way to introduce her to another female, and at the same time point out that you are in a commitment with someone else. Outside of that, find some free time while alone at the house....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    ....I'm a happily married man celebrating 27yrs of marriage.I was raised in a small mountain community with strong morals and was always taught never spend to much alone time with the opposite sex as to avoid worldly desires..
    If this is true, then it should be no issue at all. Your wife should fully understand you guiding a lone young woman on a MTB ride on trails she is unfamiliar with... My wife would actually think I was a ******bag if this happened to me and I DID NOT offer to play trail guide

... but one word of advice, I recommend full disclosure, but you may not want to mention she was young and attractive
    Pisgah Area SORBA

Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    ... your idea of technical may be much different than other peoples idea of technical.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    God why couldn't this have happened to me

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    My wife does not ride.She's a business woman who travels a lot and has no issue with me entertaining all my outdoor activities.

I did receive a text from this young lady suggesting a ride tomorrow.She seems honest and excited about riding.I guess I'm just old-fashioned mainly riding solo and keeping to myself.

Thanks for the replies

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    You trust her on her business trips she should trust you on the trails. Good defense huh?

Sneak a pic of this chic in next time you see her.

mtbr member
    trust the tread

'06 Cannondale Prophet 1000
    '07 Bianchi Roger

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by _Alberto_ View Post
    You trust her on her business trips she should trust you on the trails. Good defense huh?

Sneak a pic of this chic in next time you see her.
    Haha! Yea, and then upload it immediately here.

mtbr member
    Bring a single biking buddy along with you when you ride with her. Or invite several others along on the ride. If she hits it off with one of them then bow out gracefully. Problem solved, and damsel in distress still gets a local guide.
    I drank the 29er koolaid- turns out it was POWERade

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Agreed with bringing along more riders.
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    You currently may have nothing to worry about concerning the alluring young lady.
    She has not given you any reason to think she sees you as a riding partner for anything other than trails.
    However, this glimpse you have provided of your current state of mind and your marriage is a bit troubling.
    You view the young lady as potentially more than a new riding partner and are already thinking that going for a bike ride with your potential new riding partner could lead to the destruction of your marriage.
    It would be horrible to chuck in 27 years of marriage for a young, vivacious, attractive female who shares your love of trails and finds you down to earth and trustworthy.
    There's no future in that.
    Best thing you can do for your marriage and sanity and for the entire population of single and attractive female mountain bikers is sell your bike and quit riding.
    I'd also suggest increasing your daily intake of beer, pizza, and ice cream to knock your attractiveness to single female mountain bikers down a few notches.
    It's the kind thing to do.

Cow Clicker
    Make her ride in front of you.
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

Ridin' Furry
    Resist the succubus by telling her you are a lone-wolf rider or she that she is not part of your wolf pack. Problem solved.

mtbr member
    Pedal Hard!

Hank

mtbr member
    Geez, 22 posts and no one's stated the obvious:

Pics or it didn't happen!!!
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

toscano
    Quote Originally Posted by Shwaa View Post
    God why couldn't this have happened to me
    Best answer!!

Rogue Exterminator
    Step 1 send her my way. I am single.

Seriously though, what you should do is nothing your wife would not approve of.
    That being said, I will assume you disclosed to the alluring girl in some way that you are a faithfully married man. Now the question is would you tell your wife what happened.
    If you have contact info and plan on meeting again, would you tell your wife?
    Would you introduce this girl to your wife?

You see where this is all going.

If you would not tell your wife, it is wrong.
    If your wife would not approve, it is wrong.
    If the shoe was on the other foot and it was your wife that met a guy and it would upset you, then it is also wrong.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast