Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    If a hot guy came out of the woods, sat down next to me and started talking I wouldn't mind. It's nice to have the attention and the conversation. I'd be leery of a guy I'd just met that said "I just moved here, looking for someone to ride with and would love to ride with you" after talking for awhile though. That would creep me out even if I was single.

Maybe she is just looking for someone to ride with but I'd direct her to a group ride either organized or as a small group, just in case. If she's really into riding, she'll happily join up and make some great friends. If she's just into you (again, the attention is nice) she'll probably decline with the "I don't really know anyone but you" pout.

I couldn't ride alone with another guy even if we'd been friends for years.

If it doesn't seem right, it usually isn't. It's nice to have the attention and know you still got it after all these years, but that's all it is; attention. Maybe she's a great girl and really looking for someone to ride with, but it's not you.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    If you have to ask, you know the answer. Don't. Oh, clear your cache and never return to this thread again.
    Small ring in front makes it easier. Small ring in back makes it harder. That blows my mind.

mtbr member
    This is gonna sound judgmental, but I don't mean it to. In reading the OP and the replies I can only conclude that there are a whole lot of shaky relationships out there. I kinda always figured MTBrs were more like fishermen (and fisherwomen) and less like golfers. To me the mellow vibe of MTBing just doesn't jive with all that crap. My 2 cents.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    lol a variety of advice and suggestions.thankyou

Ok...i did ride today and had fun.she is actually a superb rider and not looking for a relationship.She is simular to my wife,career driven,ambitious and loves the outdoors.

Who ever said i was giving this to much thought was correct.The ride went exceptionally well and i felt comfortable around her.
    Um...no i would never cheat,never have and yes...i do feel like the "coach".

She'll no doubt get hit on by other male bikers,especially after reading this thread

Oh...and we're going on a group ride tuesday.

mtbr member
    I think most of us are pretty mellow which is what makes mountain biking so great. We don't exclude anyone and happy to help out new people or just talk out on the trail. The guy that stopped to make sure we were okay last Saturday was awesome. Had a great time talking for a few minutes about bikes. Talked to another guy who had a fat bike as well for a few minutes later.

The OP sounds like was attracted to her (he's not dead) and questioned whether or not it's a good idea when she asked if he'd ride with her. In this case, I'd question it given the attraction he has.

OP..was she openly flirting with you? Or did you just talk bikes and trails and it was a serious conversation? I'd still invite her to go out on a group ride so she gets to know people. OP never said his marriage was bad, just the length of time.

mtbr member
    Ahh..didn't see the previous post. Glad you had a good time.

mnoutain bkie rdier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post

Ok...i did ride today and had fun.she is actually a superb rider and not looking for a relationship.She is simular to my wife,career driven,ambitious and loves the outdoors.

Who ever said i was giving this to much thought was correct.The ride went exceptionally well and i felt comfortable around her.

She'll no doubt get hit on by other male bikers,especially after reading this thread

Why point this out at all:
    "This young lady is an exceedingly attractive lady with a very alluring personality.."
    I what context did you find out that "she is not looking for a relationship"?
    Your post is a little confusing imo.
    Glad you had fun. Sounds like no harm done.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Hmmm, let's see.
    Two words: David Petraeus
    How well did that work out?

mtbr member

Exactly as it should be...good for you!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

So did you tell your wife?

Don't worry, be happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskare View Post
    This is gonna sound judgmental, but I don't mean it to. In reading the OP and the replies I can only conclude that there are a whole lot of shaky relationships out there. I kinda always figured MTBrs were more like fishermen (and fisherwomen) and less like golfers. To me the mellow vibe of MTBing just doesn't jive with all that crap. My 2 cents.
    Just because some of us are devoted to our spouses and choose to focus our energy solely on them - shaky? I don't think so.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by formica View Post
    Just because some of us are devoted to our spouses and choose to focus our energy solely on them - shaky? I don't think so.
    Well, if it makes you feel better to proclaim this to the world then have at it. Personally, I prefer a barbaric yawp from the rooftop.

Did you not read the part about how I did not intend to be judgmental?

mtbr member
    Just showed this to my wife. She would only be jealous if the hot check was a better rider than her!

She also wonders if mtbr.com is turning into "dear Abby". Time to put on your man pants Sally!

mtbr member
    ....or Dear Abel, as the case may be....and do them man pants include kilts? If so, I'm in.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Ask most who have cheated and they will say, "I never intended to cheat. It just happened." Married and hanging out with a woman alone is asking for problems. Especially one you find attractive. If you don't understand that I feel sorry for your wife. Love my wife too much to come within a million miles of hurting her and doing the above is way closer than that. Oh, not to be judgemental.
    Small ring in front makes it easier. Small ring in back makes it harder. That blows my mind.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny7 View Post
    Ask most who have cheated and they will say, "I never intended to cheat. It just happened." Married and hanging out with a woman alone is asking for problems. Especially one you find attractive. If you don't understand that I feel sorry for your wife. Love my wife too much to come within a million miles of hurting her and doing the above is way closer than that. Oh, not to be judgemental.
    And I for yours........

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by jollybeggar View Post
    Vanity, vanity, all is vanity. Us older guys always fantisize that some young girl would be interested in us. What fools we become.
    Speak for yourself

Some women look for older guys and some of older guys wind up with younger women.
    I don't look for it, it just seems to happen a lot.
    I would actually prefer a woman in her 30's but often wind up with them in their early 20's
    (I am 39)

My neighbors brother who is in 70's just got married to a woman in her 30's and no he isn't rich. Oh, and she is hot.

Don't worry, be happy!
    Well, if it makes you feel better to proclaim this to the world then have at it. Personally, I prefer a barbaric yawp from the rooftop.

Did you not read the part about how I did not intend to be judgmental?
    This is gonna sound {insert adjective of choice}but I don't mean it to.

Yes. Either you are or you aren't, the "I don't mean it to" doesn't get you off the hook.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny7 View Post
    All that and you started riding in 2007? You are what is wrong with MTBR.

No Stranger to danger....
    A good special woman is hard to find, if you have one, respect her spirit and love what you have.
    Yes everybody likes to flirt including me, but keep it in your pants guys, keep it in your pants...
    But thats just my opinion....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    ....or Dear Abel, as the case may be....and do them man pants include kilts? If so, I'm in.
    Aye!

Flow like water
    Bird,

It sounds as if you aren't going to have to write a country music song after all.

It would have been entertaining to us, but maybe not so much for you. Just for the moment, though, you were tempted.

Good fortune to you.

mtbr member
    Can I come on your tuesday group ride???

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    All that and you started riding in 2007? You are what is wrong with MTBR.
    Yeah, guys advising other guys, who ask, not to put themselves into possitions that could hurt their marriage. Yeah that is such an enormous problem here on mtbr.
    Started riding in 2007? What are you talking about? It's really hard to tell but I think you are trying to put me down.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast