Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What have you cleared lately? Pics

46K views 205 replies 107 participants last post by  rockerc 
#1 · (Edited)
Picture of the obstacle, location and brief description. Goooo

Patapsco State Park,MD on a downhill section. Loose logs stacked in between. 3 foot drop after the 2nd tree, or you can opt for a blind board ramp to exit. Lots of fun.

[/URL][/IMG]

See less See more
#20 ·
I'm not real familiar so there could be a better way. It is called Vineyard spring trail. You come through the tunnel and lost lake is on your left. Turn right, and go up the trail about 1/2 mile. The trail head is on your right (under the rr track). Follow it for about 3 miles along the creek. YOu come to a service road, then shoot straight across.

I want to try going up it next time.

#17 ·
Picture of the obstacle, location and brief description. Goooo........
Hey Mr. blue42blue42,

I'll play! This is called Big Daddy and it's on the Boondocks Trail at Northstar Bike Park near Truckee, CA. It's very easy because of a perfect approach and an armored landing.

The only scary part is I'm the guy on the bike and I'm 3 times the age of the biker watching me. :eekster:

Where did all the time go?:nono:

Motorcycle Automotive tire Soil Fender Mountain bike

Take care,

Michael:thumbsup:

#21 ·
Hey Mr. blue42blue42,

I'll play! This is called Big Daddy and it's on the Boondocks Trail at Northstar Bike Park near Truckee, CA. It's very easy because of a perfect approach and an armored landing.

The only scary part is I'm the guy on the bike and I'm 3 times the age of the biker watching me. :eekster:

Where did all the time go?:nono:

View attachment 717348

Take care,

Michael:thumbsup:
Michael, Nice. Can you roll down the rock, or do you just have to commit and launch?

#18 ·
Trail: Funner
This rock is about 2 1/2 to 3 ft high. I have always shied away from stuff like this but this rock has haunted me since last year when I rode the trail for the first time. I hit it a couple of weeks ago & cleaned it. This gave me the confidence to try harder stuff on the trail. I didn't clean everything but I did a lot more than I thought I would. It was a great day on the trail.

Attachments

#70 ·
I know that rock!
I was following some dude named Todd who was showing me around Funner. He went over the rock like nothing so I followed (I'm an idiot), I actually made it, but my heart was in my throat when I saw the steep side. That was also the day I cleared my first skinny, I think it was call the hidden or ghost skinny cause you didn't see until you were right on top of it.

I love Bend.

#26 ·
Been a fun year...

Finally got a chance to take the big bike down Horsethief. Forgot my knee pads and nearly passed but alas, all good.

This up and over spot has been bugging me for a while. Finally bagged it.

Dumb enough to finally do this one. Probably the most famous drop to flat so I felt I had to do it once.. I Think that's enough.

Then there is this guy. Better half does't like when I do this one.

And lasty, there is the fail.

#31 ·
I love seeing pictures like that Jwind. Is this in MI? Not much like that on the east coast. I realize I have much to improve upon.

I hope you landed on your backpack and all you broke was your camelbak bladder.
It's the Notch AKA upper body bag in Moab UT, for good reason. I've cleaned the first section a few times. The problem is where the camera man is standing, there is this hard right with a weird tree/root/rock chunk section. I always seem to come into it a bit rowdy. This was my attempt at slowing things down. Bad idea.

#33 ·
Nice work on cleaning Horsethief, it's tough to even see the line in there when you just stand and look at it.
Plenty of pucker facter spots in Curt Gowdy too, definitely keeps you on your game.
Ouch at the Notch crash! :eek:
Your video isn't showing for me Kent for some reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.