Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What have you cleared lately? Pics

46K views 205 replies 107 participants last post by  rockerc 
#1 · (Edited)
Picture of the obstacle, location and brief description. Goooo

Patapsco State Park,MD on a downhill section. Loose logs stacked in between. 3 foot drop after the 2nd tree, or you can opt for a blind board ramp to exit. Lots of fun.

[/URL][/IMG]

See less See more
#26 ·
Been a fun year...

Finally got a chance to take the big bike down Horsethief. Forgot my knee pads and nearly passed but alas, all good.

This up and over spot has been bugging me for a while. Finally bagged it.

Dumb enough to finally do this one. Probably the most famous drop to flat so I felt I had to do it once.. I Think that's enough.

Then there is this guy. Better half does't like when I do this one.

And lasty, there is the fail.

#17 ·
Picture of the obstacle, location and brief description. Goooo........
Hey Mr. blue42blue42,

I'll play! This is called Big Daddy and it's on the Boondocks Trail at Northstar Bike Park near Truckee, CA. It's very easy because of a perfect approach and an armored landing.

The only scary part is I'm the guy on the bike and I'm 3 times the age of the biker watching me. :eekster:

Where did all the time go?:nono:

Motorcycle Automotive tire Soil Fender Mountain bike

Take care,

Michael:thumbsup:

#21 ·
Hey Mr. blue42blue42,

I'll play! This is called Big Daddy and it's on the Boondocks Trail at Northstar Bike Park near Truckee, CA. It's very easy because of a perfect approach and an armored landing.

The only scary part is I'm the guy on the bike and I'm 3 times the age of the biker watching me. :eekster:

Where did all the time go?:nono:

View attachment 717348

Take care,

Michael:thumbsup:
Michael, Nice. Can you roll down the rock, or do you just have to commit and launch?

#18 ·
Trail: Funner
This rock is about 2 1/2 to 3 ft high. I have always shied away from stuff like this but this rock has haunted me since last year when I rode the trail for the first time. I hit it a couple of weeks ago & cleaned it. This gave me the confidence to try harder stuff on the trail. I didn't clean everything but I did a lot more than I thought I would. It was a great day on the trail.

Attachments

#70 ·
I know that rock!
I was following some dude named Todd who was showing me around Funner. He went over the rock like nothing so I followed (I'm an idiot), I actually made it, but my heart was in my throat when I saw the steep side. That was also the day I cleared my first skinny, I think it was call the hidden or ghost skinny cause you didn't see until you were right on top of it.

I love Bend.

#84 ·
I am humbled and inspired by the posts of riders doing amazing things. As good as I think I am, I am a novice.

That being said, I cleared a new feature at White Clay Creek in Delaware. The trail spinners ( a volunteer organization dedicated to maintains the trail system) do a great job in adding new challenges. The feature that starts at 1:50 in the video has been giving me trouble for 3 weeks. I have broken my bash guard twice because I struggle to "get on" the obstacle without bottoming out.

White Clay Features - YouTube

Mobile version ( no music)

White Clay New Features( Mobile Version) - YouTube

#131 ·
This is my favorite step up obstacle in the Phoenix Mt. Preserve on the south side of VOAZ trail climbing up to the saddle. I've mastered it now, but it's fun and challenging because it is towards the end of a lot of loose and technical rocky climbing.:thumbsup:

Attachments

#133 ·
You might not be impressed to see someone ride this. But I'm proud of myself for riding this regularly now.

You can see the roots. You can see the narrow trees. But you can't see what I used to see every time I would try to ride this.

There was an accident a couple years ago when I was a very noob rider. A gal coming down the roots fell and got a brake lever embedded in her thigh. We had to hold her up while we disassembled the bike and removed it from under her. She had to wait quite awhile, with the brake lever still in her leg, for emergency crews to get to her.

I finally made it through here by concentrating super hard on the trees and roots to block that image out of my mind.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.