Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    TSA is all I've cleared lately...

74 & 29 pilot
    This little 2/10th of a mile, 11+% grade climb. I've cleared it all attempts over the last few months and am 3 sec. from KOM. TONS of 4-10 inch loose rocks that seem to be in different place each time I try it! Didn't get pics of the last little killer after the trees, but it's loose and steep!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you cleared lately? Pics-img_2634.jpg  

What have you cleared lately? Pics-img_2635.jpg  

What have you cleared lately? Pics-img_2636.jpg  

What have you cleared lately? Pics-img_2637.jpg  

What have you cleared lately? Pics-img_2638.jpg  

What have you cleared lately? Pics-img_2639.jpg  

What have you cleared lately? Pics-img_2640.jpg  

What have you cleared lately? Pics-img_2641.jpg  

What have you cleared lately? Pics-img_2642.jpg  

What have you cleared lately? Pics-img_2643.jpg  

MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

Airborne Flight Crew
    Second day on my fs 29er, Albuquerque South Foothills... took me two tries to clear this one. There was another techy climb that I didn't photography because, well, I just couldn't do it

Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB Pilot View Post
    This little 2/10th of a mile, 11+% grade climb. I've cleared it all attempts over the last few months and am 3 sec. from KOM. TONS of 4-10 inch loose rocks that seem to be in different place each time I try it! Didn't get pics of the last little killer after the trees, but it's loose and steep!
    Looks a lot more fun to come down than to go up. Awesome pictures!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jhazard View Post
    Second day on my fs 29er, Albuquerque South Foothills... took me two tries to clear this one. There was another techy climb that I didn't photography because, well, I just couldn't do it

cool sequence!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMTBer View Post
    I hope this qualifies... I cleared this up to the point of the double timber step-up, which is much further than I have made it before. It may be a while before I get the double-timber obstacle, as I am pegging my heart rate before getting to it right now.

Burnt Mountain Climb, CCW in Dupont State Forest near Brevard, NC

I have done this climb, is does qualify as tough one.
    14 S-Works Epic WC
    14 Yeti ARC
    14 S-Works Crux Disc
    15 Echo Carbondale

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMTBer View Post
    I hope this qualifies... I cleared this up to the point of the double timber step-up, which is much further than I have made it before. It may be a while before I get the double-timber obstacle, as I am pegging my heart rate before getting to it right now.

Burnt Mountain Climb, CCW in Dupont State Forest near Brevard, NC

I've only gone up that once, I made it a lot farther then I thought I would (how ever far that was I don't remember). I like to do that trail clockwise so I get this as the decent, and the smooth section as the uphill. It took me a while to clear it going down too, now I can do it without touching the brakes. One day that will come back to bite me though, I'm sure...

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by erikrc10 View Post
    I've only gone up that once, I made it a lot farther then I thought I would (how ever far that was I don't remember). I like to do that trail clockwise so I get this as the decent, and the smooth section as the uphill. It took me a while to clear it going down too, now I can do it without touching the brakes. One day that will come back to bite me though, I'm sure...
    We go up it and come back down the same way. I love a good techy climb.
    14 S-Works Epic WC
    14 Yeti ARC
    14 S-Works Crux Disc
    15 Echo Carbondale

mtbr member
    Just pay attention to the first min and change, videos take me forever so I put the good stuff first. The rest is a trail with a lot I CAN'T clear. (fixed or otherwise)

So the logpile (at :20) was made from trees down from Sandy. I only tried to put a front tire on it the since first time I encountered it, but decided to give it a shot for real since I had a spotter (usually stuck riding solo). Cleared it the first time!

Fixed Gear Mountain Bike - Philadelphia from RobBoat LudThing on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bike for days View Post
    Just pay attention to the first min and change, videos take me forever so I put the good stuff first. The rest is a trail with a lot I CAN'T clear. (fixed or otherwise)

So the logpile (at :20) was made from trees down from Sandy. I only tried to put a front tire on it the since first time I encountered it, but decided to give it a shot for real since I had a spotter (usually stuck riding solo). Cleared it the first time!

Fixed Gear Mountain Bike - Philadelphia from RobBoat LudThing on Vimeo.

nice work. Where are you riding at?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blue42blue42 View Post
    nice work. Where are you riding at?
    Thanks!

This is Belmont Plateau, in West Philadelphia. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that this kind of singletrack is IN the city (the Wissahickon trails are more popular but a 7 mi ride just to get to them for me).

The log clears are on a trail called the "mouse" and the POV part is on the second half of that system (you can connect them or not). All the trails there are super tight and techy, but I feel like it's making me hone skills quick. (aka, they kick my butt).

Toro

This is hardly a match for some of the previous posts but they are what we can clear. We were proud.

Ricardo

P.S. Sorry about the flickering. By the way, if you are in the Northern Delaware area, you can help us build more features! Click HERE to sign up.
    Last edited by leoferus; 02-01-2013 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Add a comment.
    Ricardo aka "El Toro"
    Team Raging Toro
    Toro Page on G+

mtbr member
    ^^^ Nice work!

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by leoferus View Post

This is hardly a match for some of the previous posts but they are what we can clear. We were proud.

Ricardo

P.S. Sorry about the flickering. By the way, if you are in the Northern Delaware area, you can help us build more features! Click HERE to sign up.

Hey Ricardo,

You should be proud as those are some fun features! The skills you'll develop on them will stand you in good stead wherever you ride.

Good on Ya!

Michael
    If you can't keep the rubber side down......at least smile for the camera!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I hit this roller in the dark. It was kinda scary.

mtbr member
    nice work in the dark
    Keep The Rubber Side Down

Trips for Kids Denver
    Buffalo Creek, CO uphill approach with uphill feature. You have to fight hard not to stall

" I'm not inclined to resign to maturity "

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    It took me a moment to realize you were wearing more than socks on your feet.

Trips for Kids Denver
    Ha ha! It's quite the look I know but I only have super vented mtb shoes and get frozen toes if I dont use shoe covers/over socks when it's cold.
    " I'm not inclined to resign to maturity "

No Clue Crew
    Here is a sequence of my favorite step-up
    That last move is tough by itself. Cleaning it AFTER the sloppy **** you ride to get there?

Where's that last section? Doesn't look familiar...

I'll have to post a few of my successed. And there are only a few...

74 & 29 pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post

Where's that last section? Doesn't look familiar...

I'll have to post a few of my successed. And there are only a few...
    Mike, it's a rarely travel trail. Basically the west side of Porcupine past the saddle are that you can go north to Fat Man's or south to T100. It's a tough climb, that takes a little skill, but mostly determination and willpower. I circled it on this map attached in PINK. YOU can....DOOO IIITTTTTT!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you cleared lately? Pics-west-porcupine-climb.jpg  

MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

No Clue Crew
    Mike, it's a rarely travel trail. Basically the west side of Porcupine past the saddle are that you can go north to Fat Man's or south to T100. It's a tough climb, that takes a little skill, but mostly determination and willpower. I circled it on this map attached in PINK. YOU can....DOOO IIITTTTTT!
    Yes, as soon as you said it I knew exactly where it was. I like going E > W on Porcupine Ridge and hitting that section. I've tried to climb it twice. Once a year or more ago. Failed. The second was maybe 6 months or so ago. Cleaned it. Was surprised 'cause that loose stuff is a bear and then you finish off with that section of rocks and tight turns just when you are outta gas.

oootard

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drboudreaux View Post
    Sweet display of skills! After going down hard off an 8" wide elevated skinny in September and messing up my shoulder, I don't know if I'll have the guts to try trails like yours anymore. Where are these trails of yours?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

What have you cleared lately? Pics

Wow that was very impressive. Where is that, looks like a blast to ride!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast