Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Cannonball!
    Quote Originally Posted by slimat99 View Post
    Here's some moving pictures of the portal in the rain. There's a few sections exposed enough to kill. You'll see this in the video.

Storming the Portal from RR on Vimeo.

Wait, what are all those blue d... oh nevermind.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    god, that terrified me just watching that.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    AWESOME Video!
    Enjoy Life.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71 View Post
    Nice work. It looks soooo much bigger in real life. I though I'd hit it from the pics, but when I got there..... no way!
    Thanks. Yeah, pics and vids often don't show us what features are really like. I used to say I would never hit that line and now it's routine. We never know how we'll progress over the years so never say never!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by coiler-d View Post
    Wait, what are all those blue d... oh nevermind.
    Disclaimer: No blue dots were harmed during the making of this video.

74 & 29 pilot
    This is my favorite step up obstacle in the Phoenix Mt. Preserve on the south side of VOAZ trail climbing up to the saddle. I've mastered it now, but it's fun and challenging because it is towards the end of a lot of loose and technical rocky climbing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you cleared lately? Pics-img_2289.jpg  

MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Nothing quite as crazy as some of you guys have posted but here are a few things I have done at Patapsco in Baltimore, MD.

mtbr member
    You might not be impressed to see someone ride this. But I'm proud of myself for riding this regularly now.

You can see the roots. You can see the narrow trees. But you can't see what I used to see every time I would try to ride this.

There was an accident a couple years ago when I was a very noob rider. A gal coming down the roots fell and got a brake lever embedded in her thigh. We had to hold her up while we disassembled the bike and removed it from under her. She had to wait quite awhile, with the brake lever still in her leg, for emergency crews to get to her.

I finally made it through here by concentrating super hard on the trees and roots to block that image out of my mind.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you cleared lately? Pics-screen-shot-2012-11-16-5.28.29-pm.png  

mtbr member
    Why didn't someone just pull the brake lever out and save her the emergency cost?
    We are such whimps these days, what would the pioneers think?
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member
    No biggie... But fun fosho.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you cleared lately? Pics-269837_504691779543559_170703271_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jollybeggar View Post
    Why didn't someone just pull the brake lever out and save her the emergency cost?

mtbr member

todays ride....no ramp on...

...either side......i've endo'd here before.... but Rich got it today....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you cleared lately? Pics-241.jpg  

There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB Pilot View Post
    This is my favorite step up obstacle in the Phoenix Mt. Preserve on the south side of VOAZ trail climbing up to the saddle. I've mastered it now, but it's fun and challenging because it is towards the end of a lot of loose and technical rocky climbing.
    Just back from AZ, rode the 100, and spurred off a few times on 1A to the link irregular. AZ was pretty cool. You are right, lots of loose, which is tough on the way up, but fun on the way down.

Im sure you enjoy this in your backyard.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    This is the waterfall at Redd Park in De. 3 different skills on this. The toughest (for me) is to drop off the plateau. Im not there yet, but would try it if I had a face shield. I took the intermediate line, which takes you over the boulders.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you cleared lately? Pics-redd_waterfall.jpg  

human dehumidifier
    That dog rock rocks

You rode down the rocks at far right? Impressive.
    I Just Wasn't Made For These Times

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    That dog rock rocks

You rode down the rocks at far right? Impressive.
    Thanks. While I will say it is steep for me, I think the picture is making it look worse. Non the less, it is fun. Another biker came up on me riding it, and said, oh sh*T, thinking I was gonna eat it.

It's about showing up.
    No picture but a short story. Out at Rockville I cleared a steep and uneven rockface that 5 other very experienced riders couldn't. What I heard was, "well we're on 29'ers and it is harder than on your 26."

I'm not sure if they were just giving me the business or really believed that.
    I don't rattle.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by slimat99 View Post
    Amasa Back drop into the step up, and a cool rock stacker roller on rock stacker.
    Good work, man. Now I'm going to feel like a pansy for taking the easy line next time I'm there.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    There were some trees blown down across some trails and I cleared those with my trusty chain saw. I also cleared a bunch of drain dips and water bars of sediment.

beater
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm View Post
    There were some trees blown down across some trails and I cleared those with my trusty chain saw. I also cleared a bunch of drain dips and water bars of sediment.
    Props! Our trails are going to be silly next spring from all the beetle killed deadfall.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

Toro
    Quote Originally Posted by blue42blue42 View Post
    This is the waterfall at Redd Park in De. 3 different skills on this. The toughest (for me) is to drop off the plateau. Im not there yet, but would try it if I had a face shield. I took the intermediate line, which takes you over the boulders.
    Put me down for this one also. I have not cleared the drop from the top but I'm working on it. Good job making this one look more vertical than it is. Having said that, it's vertical enough for me.
    Ricardo aka "El Toro"
    Team Raging Toro
    Toro Page on G+

74 & 29 pilot
    A couple of thick and loose rocky climbs and a washes that you have to drop into and climb out of
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you cleared lately? Pics-img_2358.jpg  

What have you cleared lately? Pics-img_2359.jpg  

What have you cleared lately? Pics-img_2362.jpg  

MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

knock at door

before to entry.....................................
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you cleared lately? Pics-dscn5615.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jollybeggar View Post
    You haven't a clue what you're talking about. When something is impaled in your body, the only thing that is stopping buckets of blood from squirting out is the same object that caused the injury in the first place. She could have lost consciousness and lost a ton of blood if she had taken your awful advice.

no trees are safe
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurizio View Post
    before to entry.....................................
    Dude that thing is begging for a sex joke

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast