• 10-30-2012
    blue42blue42
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MtbAZ44 View Post
    I did live in Morgantown, WV for one year... loved the mountain biking there.. but then again I am not a fan of technical riding anyway.. It was kind of nice to get a workout and to be able to clear everything...

I still do quite a bit of chunk here in AZ, but sometimes I would rather kick back and cruise...

So join in the thread.. What have you cleared lately? Lets see some AZ chunk!
  • 10-30-2012
    poff
    1 Attachment(s)
    Not very technical, but
  • 11-01-2012
    Jeff Palladini
    That log obstacle looks pretty wicked.
  • 11-01-2012
    mpmffitz
    Cleared a major turning point in recovery from broken leg suffered while landing too close to second set of doubles now I'm putting both feet on ground while using crutches.
  • 11-02-2012
    A-Ray
    2 Attachment(s)
    Trail 15, Mount Gretna PA, small sampling of what does not look like a trail...
    approximately 3 miles of this, with a few breaks in between...
  • 11-02-2012
    blue42blue42
    Quote:

Originally Posted by A-Ray View Post
    Trail 15, Mount Gretna PA, small sampling of what does not look like a trail...
    approximately 3 miles of this, with a few breaks in between...

Did you go up it or down it?
  • 11-02-2012
    A-Ray
    Both directions are equally as nasty, but down is definitely preferred, especially after hitting trail 4.
    I ride there a lot, and plan to hit it tomorrow morning :) I think I have only cleaned the entire trail once in 5 years (going down)...
  • 11-02-2012
    blue42blue42
    gotta love riding a trail that is soo challenging, you only made it once. I gotta get out there.
  • 11-02-2012
    A-Ray
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here is another shot from last week, same as first photo from a slightly different angle. I did not realize I had a head on my back either:)
    This is one of the most technical trails in PA IMO.
    Sections of Mt. Penn are nasty too.
    If you want to give it a shot, let me know...
  • 11-03-2012
    slimat99
  • 11-03-2012
    blue42blue42
    Aaas looks awesome. Obv skill by the operator.
  • 11-06-2012
    Jwind
    2 Attachment(s)
    Classic Portal shots. I walk the sections people have died. I highly recommend you do the same.
  • 11-06-2012
    knockbox
    1 Attachment(s)
    Great thread OP!

After wimping out on this gap in Les Gets first time I went, I finally did it this year! Felt good!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RTGmX6tASfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • 11-06-2012
    Steve71
    Quote:

Originally Posted by slimat99 View Post
    Amasa Back drop into the step up, and a cool rock stacker roller on rock stacker.

Nice work. It looks soooo much bigger in real life. I though I'd hit it from the pics, but when I got there..... no way!
  • 11-06-2012
    Low Pressure
    Drug test! Whew!
  • 11-06-2012
    eastcoastbiker3
    Thumbs up for Giant!
  • 11-06-2012
    _Alberto_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blue42blue42 View Post
    Patapsco. Not very difficult, but pretty cool to see a loose pile of logs in a semi-natural state

Morning Choice (blue) trail?
  • 11-06-2012
    blue42blue42
    Quote:

Originally Posted by _Alberto_ View Post
    Morning Choice (blue) trail?

I think so . Don't ride there enough to know. It's not too far from the falls.
  • 11-06-2012
    dirt farmer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    Classic Portal shots. I walk the sections people have died. I highly recommend you do the same.

Does anyone have photos of the sections where people have died? It would be interesting to see them.
  • 11-06-2012
    sgltrak
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    Does anyone have photos of the sections where people have died? It would be interesting to see them.

Pretty sure this is the section.
  • 11-06-2012
    blue42blue42
    Whaaaaaattt? Where's the trail?
  • 11-06-2012
    sgltrak
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blue42blue42 View Post
    Whaaaaaattt? Where's the trail?

Here (don't look down)
  • 11-06-2012
    slimat99
    Quote:

Here's some moving pictures of the portal in the rain. There's a few sections exposed enough to kill. You'll see this in the video.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/15873138?badge=0&amp;color=ffffff" width="500" height="375" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/15873138">Storming the Portal</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1586099">RR</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
  • 11-06-2012
    blue42blue42
    Wow. Awesome. I don't think I'd walk it. Great stuff!
  • 11-06-2012
    Jwind
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

There are actually a couple places where folks have died and plenty other places where it's a real possibility.

The upper right section is a rubbly wrap around turn. This is where my second photo above is taken from.

The botton left arrow points to an oddly shaped rock. Doesn't look like much from this angle, but it has bucked folks over the edge.

It's worth noting that this pic is shot looking back 'up' the trail where mine are looking 'down'.