Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71 View Post
    This log ride It's about the most action my MTB has seen this year.
    Hey, I didn't say you could ride like that in my rental!!
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Dave
    Blog / Strava

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Heres couple from New Mexico. First is a log near Otero Canyon. Second is a drop I built in my back yard.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you cleared lately? Pics-back-yard-action-009.jpg  

What have you cleared lately? Pics-christys_pics...picket_drop_videos_and_pics_085.jpg  

Last edited by mtbike52; 08-20-2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Picture position changed
    Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t

Trail Connoisseur
    This is a good friend of mine. He's only been riding about a year and like most of us (when starting out) he has had a nemesis water bar located in a sharp corner that he never makes it up. Today was the day and on his second try I snapped this shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you cleared lately? Pics-tim.jpg  

bust a move
    Great shot

Good job to him making it!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbike52 View Post
    Heres couple from New Mexico. First is a log near Otero Canyon. Second is a drop I built in my back yard.
    Nice Backyard drop! Way to go minimal on protection. Helmet and white socks are all you ever need!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVER29 View Post
    This is a good friend of mine. He's only been riding about a year and like most of us (when starting out) he has had a nemesis water bar located in a sharp corner that he never makes it up. Today was the day and on his second try I snapped this shot.
    Nice. I am struggling on an uphill rooty at White Clay Creek. YOu come through a drain pipe, then across some rocks, then up a 4 foot incline through trees. this gets washed out, and is all roots, which provide little traction (they are always wet).

Like your boy, it is tough to remember to stay seated and keep the elbows in to keep traction on the rear wheel.

Small victories make riding awesome.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    No pics, but I cleared some decent sections of Schooner Trace in Brown County State Park (IN) this past weekend. Next time I make it up there, I hope to clear more. Maybe even I'll manage to get someone else to ride with me so I can get rid of these images of me falling to the bottom of a ravine and not having anyone to help get me out.

beater
    I managed to hold a manual all the way through a water crossing yesterday. Not super gnar or anything, but it was the first time, and it felt good. Better than getting blasted with water and gunk, for sure.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

certified mtb addict

Steeper than it looks

What have you cleared lately? Pics-img_4945_1024.jpg

Paste eater

Motion activated
    Nice couple of rollers there! Both of them look plenty steep in the pics and and not something you'd want to attempt with a big ring attached to your cranks.
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71 View Post
    Nice couple of rollers there! Both of them look plenty steep in the pics and and not something you'd want to attempt with a big ring attached to your cranks.
    The big ring's most effective application is cutting your calf anyhow...

mtbr member
    May 2012
    LOVE this thread. You guys are clearing some good stuff!
    Enjoy Life.

Nickel Havr
    Quote Originally Posted by blue42blue42 View Post
    Nice. I am struggling on an uphill rooty at White Clay Creek. YOu come through a drain pipe, then across some rocks, then up a 4 foot incline through trees. this gets washed out, and is all roots, which provide little traction (they are always wet).

Like your boy, it is tough to remember to stay seated and keep the elbows in to keep traction on the rear wheel.

Small victories make riding awesome.
    I know that section... I run low pressure (20-25lbs) on a high volume tire.
    They just grip everything!
    Clear any of the skills park stuff?

Here is my most recent clear... I'll get some video up soon.
    Mt. Penn, Pa A-Line - Sittin Pretty
    20ft gap to double transition...

Quote Originally Posted by William Blake
    Great things are done when men and mountains meet. This is not done by jostling in the street .

slow
    I didn't jump the gap, but I did roll the steep back side of this. I also cleared the rock gardens and table tops farther up this DH run. Not bad for a guy in Lycra on a soft tail XC bike and clipless pedals.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you cleared lately? Pics-xc_rig_on_dh_trail2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Don't know if this counts or not. More of a long tough climb rather than one single feature. I posted this over in the Nevada forum a couple weeks ago.

This 1200' climb would be a bugger to clean without any rests even without the 15-18 switchbacks...two or three of which are quite tricky. Finally cleaned the whole thing for the first time ever. It takes quite a bit of endurance, some technical skill, and a fair amount of luck to clean it without stopping and without dabbing.

The view from the top.
    Cave Lake with Russ and Randy 015

This is the top of the climb.
    Near the top of the Overlook trail. The lake down below is the start of the climb.
    Cave Lake with Russ and Randy 013

Here's the infamous #6. Not that steep, mostly nice and smooth, but it's tight.
    Cave Lake with Russ and Randy 009
    Last edited by KRob; 09-14-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Registered text offender
    Dec 2011
    KRob, what is that your riding? a Mountain Cycle? I've never seen anything like it, but it doesn't look purpose built for climbing so props for that .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Richard View Post
    KRob, what is that your riding? a Mountain Cycle? I've never seen anything like it, but it doesn't look purpose built for climbing so props for that .
    That's my buddy Russ on his old mongoose something-or-other. He doesn't look purpose built for climbing either but he's an animal. These are old pics. I was on my 2010 turner 5 spot when I finally cleaned that climb last week.

iphone pics 062
    Last edited by KRob; 09-13-2012 at 10:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kayakerjim View Post
    Trail: Funner
    This rock is about 2 1/2 to 3 ft high. I have always shied away from stuff like this but this rock has haunted me since last year when I rode the trail for the first time. I hit it a couple of weeks ago & cleaned it. This gave me the confidence to try harder stuff on the trail. I didn't clean everything but I did a lot more than I thought I would. It was a great day on the trail.
    I know that rock!
    I was following some dude named Todd who was showing me around Funner. He went over the rock like nothing so I followed (I'm an idiot), I actually made it, but my heart was in my throat when I saw the steep side. That was also the day I cleared my first skinny, I think it was call the hidden or ghost skinny cause you didn't see until you were right on top of it.

I love Bend.
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Don't know if this counts or not.....
    Hey KRob,

If you're doing it and you say it's hard then it counts big time in my book!

Good on Ya for gettin' it done!!

Take care,

Michael
    If you can't keep the rubber side down......at least smile for the camera!

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Don't know if this counts or not. More of a long tough climb rather than one single feature.
    Those are the harder ones for me :P So ya, it counts!

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005

Good job! New Old Favorite!

Hey Guys,

I first dropped this a few years ago but have started playing with it again.

Sorry for the poor image quality but I do like the effect of jumping into my shadow. As you can see it's a hip landing which is always a challenge for me!
    What have you cleared lately? Pics-northstar-pho-dog-drop-snead-cropped-mtbr.jpg

Have fun however you get dirty!

Michael
    If you can't keep the rubber side down......at least smile for the camera!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak View Post
    I didn't jump the gap, but I did roll the steep back side of this. I also cleared the rock gardens and table tops farther up this DH run. Not bad for a guy in Lycra on a soft tail XC bike and clipless pedals.

Crested Butte? That gap scared me like heck last summer. Finally nailed it on the last day of my trip out there. I wasn't on a DH bike, but more a 5" AM bike. It was funnnn though.

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by arkon11 View Post
    Crested Butte? That gap scared me like heck last summer. Finally nailed it on the last day of my trip out there. I wasn't on a DH bike, but more a 5" AM bike. It was funnnn though.
    Yep. CB. We had lunch at the bottom of the mountain the day before and watched a guy crash pretty hard on this one, so I wasn't too stoked about hitting it full speed. I only took two shots at it, as I was riding up the mountain from the bottom before the lifts were turning. I was also on a ti soft tail with 1" of rear travel and a 100mm fork - not exactly designed for the big air.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast