Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Kilted Cyclist
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Straz85
    Ever watch NCIS? One of Gibbs' rules is "it's better to seek forgiveness than ask permission." I just thought of that because I watched half of season 7 yesterday.
    But how many ex wives does Gibbs has???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasevr4
    My wife kicks me out of bed on the rainy days to go and shred with her.

Dude, you're wife rocks!!
    '14 Scott Genius 730 650b
    '14 Niner ROS9 HT 1x10

mtbr member
    My wife doesn't mind my mt. bike junkiness as long as I keep the spending under control. She will ride with me occasionally but prefers easy trails. She doesn't care for technical and narrow trails with dropoffs. I do my thing and she does hers. She likes to go to a local gym called Tigersworld and do some cardio boxing...another reason to keep my spending under control so she doesn't go upside my head.
    '14 Scott Genius 730 650b
    '14 Niner ROS9 HT 1x10

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    My wife doesn't mind the purchases so much, as long as the bills are paid and I use what I buy. When I go out for a long ride or a weekend trip she just says have fun and don't get hurt.

She rides with me from time to time, but prefers to ride on fireroads and easier trails. She likes to camp and enjoys the state parks, so she is content coming along and doing her own thing while I ride.

I have nothing to complain about, I have a couple other potentially risky hobbies and she supports whatever makes me happy. I return the favor and don't complain about her hobbies either.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    do you know why divorce is so expensive?

Single Speed Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by herbn
    She gets half the bikes?

Berzerker
    Quote Originally Posted by herbn
    Because it's worth it!!!!

Berzerker
    Quote Originally Posted by Straz85
    We have an understanding right now, since we're planning for a wedding, we both spend minimal money on stuff we don't need,
    You mean like people that are still paying for their wedding after they are divorced?

mtbr member
    She tears it up with me and sometimes even schools me!

Kingdom Trails, VT "Tap n Die"

Suburban Redneck
    Quote Originally Posted by manlung
    My Wife and I have 11 years together now, and I can't believe that she wants me to be with her all day doing nothing 24/7, she really hates my Hobbies.......................
    Same here. Biking, bands, fishing, meets with the "truck club".............hates all of it. I've asked her participation in all of it and she refuses.
    I'm not big-boned, I'm a Clyde.

mtbr member
    My wife prefers me on the MTB at least getting fit while I am doing something, as opposed to hurling around the track at 170 on my track bike. I used to take my ZX636 and hoolie around the streets but all the tickets make it get old real quick.

tmb
    When in doubt- turn left
    Feb 2004
    My gf only complains about my riding when she can't go too!

Got a txt from her earlier telling me that she traded shifts so that we are both off work on thurs and we can ride. 5 kids between us so lining up days off during school is vital .

We met on a road ride 2yrs ago, her other passion was ultra-running, mine of course was singletrack. She bought me running shoes. I built her a nice steel ss and just today ordered her a Ti frame to build up as a xc race bike. The shoes don't have many miles on them, the ss on the other hand has seen a lot of dirt. Guess that means my hobby won

I am the bike geek in the family, she just wants a nice bike that works properly and is reasonably lightweight. I research all the parts and give her a short list of options to choose from. After giving her the pros/cons to each choice, I let her decide. Then I get to build it. And she gets to rip on it.

And that may be one of the coolest parts. Watching her tear up singletrack, stick new moves, crest tough climbs, on a bike I built, on wheels I built.

So, to anwser your question,"what does she say?". She says" We got time for a double lap, right?"

Did I mention, she's frickin fast?
    It always makes me laugh to see the look on a guy's face when he realizes that he was just passed by a 5'3" chick on a singlespeed

T

mtbr member
    My wife supports my addiction. She comes out to all my events to cheer me on and offer support. She only asks that I don't kill and/or seriously injure myself and still fulfill my financial obligations (i.e. my half of the mortgage, utilities, etc).
    Signature

amar la vida de dos niner
    I met my fiance while trail running, which up until recently has been his main (athletic) passion. A trip to Colorado this summer resulted in him catching the mountain biking bug. So we (together) just purchased for him a used frame and fork, and built up a sweet 29er for him. He's loving it!

Finding time to ride together will continue to be a challenge for the next several years (i.e., we both have kids and both work), but it definitely feels more supportive when your SO loves the same thing you do.

Oh, here's his new steed. She might look familiar to some of you. Kismet has brought her into my household yet again. Love it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What does your wife say?-ozbk2.jpg  

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." Anais Nin

Life is Go0d!
    My best friend is always there for me...and with me.
    The only regrets in life, are the risks you didn't take.

Ultimate Slacker
    I wouldn't be riding if it weren't for my hubby-to-be. This month will be our four year anniversary and I've been riding with him for almost that entire time since he introduced it to me when we first met. I was so stoked when we bought me an Ironhorse Pumori hardtail and had it waiting at home. Since that first bike we have both upgraded and tried plenty of bikes. It is all about communication, compromise and budgeting. Bills always come first and then we work in the parts or new bikes we want. When we plan vacations it generally revolves around bikes but we make sure there are plenty of other things to do. It really did require a lot of patience on his behalf as I first started because of my fear of getting hurt and lack of any physical ability but with patience, lots of support, and rides with other women, my skill and love for the sport/lifestyle has grown. Wish everyone was as lucky as we are, it really is great to share this same love of bikes.
    Man comes home to his wife with rope and says "tie me up and do whatever you want." So she ties him up and goes MTB'ing.

mtbr member
    Now that I got her into riding it's simple. If I get something, so does she. My fleet is far to large at this point.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    my wife says, "Try to keep up today okay?"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PVR
    Posted in the wrong thread - please move to "What did your ex-wife say."
    nah. if your wife cant be supportive of your hobby and you feel the need to ask permission for everything then maybe the relationship isnt based on mutual support and trust and its more likely to fail than mine.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    This isn't what she says but this is what she thinks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What does your wife say?-bed.jpg  

Mike
    "My bicycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb."-Tom Nuttal

No known cure
    I'm not married, but the neighbor lady will shuttle me anytime.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

FKA Malibu412

What does your wife say?

Quote Originally Posted by JAMarco1
    My question is this. What does your wife or significant other say when you want to drop some serious coin on new parts or a new ride? What does she say when you want to go on an all day epic or all weekend?
    As long as I make money and I/we have not committed to something else important in the schedule, I really don't care what she says. She's getting used to it.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    We are at ProCycling in Colo Springs this summer, looking at Specialized CF 29er's, and I quote her "I think you should buy it"

And I did

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    She said buy it - Specialized CF 29er
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What does your wife say?-specialized-resized.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader
    I'm not married, but the neighbor lady will shuttle me anytime.
    giggidy giggidy?
    :wq

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast