Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    ol'guy who says hi &waves
    To keep 28+ yrs of marital bliss, only two full days of cycling a month. The 70 mile round trip commutes to work or if I'm home on weekends by 11AM, don't count against me. I don't consider them unreasonable requests, though I would like more full days in the mountains.

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

mtbr member
    My wife supports my mountain biking habit, and would actually encourage a 4k dollar DH rig in addition to the current bike to the garage.

Although I catch more crap about my 750HP mustang/ drag racing habit which is my other passion. It makes mountain biking look like a trip to the dollar store when comparing costs.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    riding stopped me dying... My wife is a top class legend... The only thing stopping me spending more is cold hard money in = money out

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    My Wife and I have 11 years together now, and I can't believe that she wants me to be with her all day doing nothing 24/7, she really hates my Hobbies.......................

powered by peanut butter.

My fiancee says...

"Can you air up my tires and load my bike while I fill our Camelbacks?"

And I say, "Yes. Yes I can."
    "Never trust a man in a blue trench coat. Never drive a car when you're dead." -- Tom Waits

ILIKEBIKES
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by manlung
    My Wife and I have 11 years together now, and I can't believe that she wants me to be with her all day doing nothing 24/7, she really hates my Hobbies.......................
    +1...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Just buy her a hardtail, she'll never bother you again.
    agmtb

usually cranky
    no wife but parent are kinda like wtf why do need $100 handle bars.

Team Fearless Descender
    Quote Originally Posted by heartland
    "Can you air up my tires and load my bike while I fill our Camelbacks?"

And I say, "Yes. Yes I can."

I'm lucky too. Married 12 years this month. My wife and I have now been riding together for almost 14 years, road and Mtn. We ride together abut 90% of the time, and she more than keeps up with the "boys". Our vacations are almost always bike related, just back from Mammoth, and she has the newest ride in the stable, and she has 4 bikes!
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

mtbr member
    my wife doesnt say anything about the money i spend. but i also don't get on her for what she spends. I really cant go off on long weekend rides because she considers them family time.
    "Faster, Faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter S. Thompson

black tooth grin

sorry had to

Quote Originally Posted by ontime
    My wife says:

"How long until we get to the trail head."
    yea i usually say this to my wife too..
    i stand and mash..my wife is the spinner

lives to ride
    Feb 2005
    My wife kicks me out of bed on the rainy days to go and shred with her.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul
    Look very serious when offering this scenario to the non-mtb parental units next time the subject comes up: "Because they steer the whole thing through the rocks, you don't want me riding around on crap bars breaking like pretzel sticks on the big hits, crashing, followed by me on my way to the ER do you? Do you?"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul

Ha your parents are probably under the impression that a handlebar is just a cheap piece of aluminum tubing marked up about 1000%.

SBT
    mtbr member
    Even though she doesn't pedal (yet), my fiancee gets it. In fact, so much so that we're building my DJ bike together.

mtbr member
    My wife rarely complains. Her hobby is sewing. I mostly don't complain about that either.

BTW, have you priced sewing machines lately? Some of them make bikes look cheap.

mtbr member
    Even after spending too much money on a necessary bathroom renovation, she encouraged me to spend $1k+ on my mountain bike. She promptly bought Jura expresso machine saying that it was for me.

So, I spend even more money on a new saddle and other "necessary items". She's encouraging me to get a "real" dedicated mountain bike shoes rather than the walkable Shimano cycling shoe that I bought few years back for my commuter bike. I'm actually saying no.

As long as the spending is within our financial means and the riding bike doesn't interfere with the family plans, she doesn't mind.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Whenever I am grumpy or antsy, my wife hands me my helmet and tells me to go.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I have two active hobbies - My Motorcycle [2008 Buell XB12] and my mountain bike.
    Over the last 6 months the mountain bike is winning when the choice comes to how to spend my spare time.
    My wife couldn't be happier.
    She never really liked the motorcycling, for the fatality reasons, even though it pre dates her by 15 years, but she tolerated it and never once suggested I ditch the 'bike.
    Now with Mountain biking its not only safer but I get to ride with our 12 year old son.

mtbr member
    Typical new bike discussion

Me: Sweetheart I want to buy bike 'x' for approx cost 'y' to ride for purpose 'z'
    Wife: That bike looks sweet, you deserve it, go get it!
    :wq

Single Speed Junkie
    You want to go ride again? Thought you rode last week....

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Mine says "take the dog, she needs exercise too!". Our Golden Retriever Lucy is an AWESOME trail dog...

help with the zip please
    Quote Originally Posted by byknuts
    mine buys a lot of my stuff for me.
    carbon niner fork, juicy ultimate brakeset, surly 1x1 frameset spring to mind off the top of my head.
    you sure you're doing things right?
    You sure you're reading her actions right?

She buys you a carbon fork. I know, carbon is strong and light but everytime I think of rigid carbon forks I see this image
    What does your wife say?-cracknfail.jpg

She then gives you brakes that aren't exactly top of the pile when it comes to stopping power, reducing the chance of you stopping in time before that branch that will do the above to your forks.

On top of all of that she gives you a single speed so that even if you do survive the above, by the time you get home your legs are so stuffed all you want to do is lie down.

Thats a clever one you've got there, she's set herself up for a night off doing what she wants or a big life insurance payout and all the time you think she's showering you with the fruits of love

Mine just tells me I'm getting grumpy so go for a ride and relax a little.

mtbr member
    Way to be negative emu26

I think its time for you to go for a ride...
    Life is short-Live it full throttle !!

mtbr member

I could'nt care less......

cause I'm going riding and was riding before we got married. Some of you guys are real pus_ys that's I I have to say.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast