Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What do you keep track of with your MTB'ing? Time? Distance? Tire wear?

4K views 72 replies 55 participants last post by  Cleared2land 
#1 ·
OK, I'll say straight out that I'm not a "racer" and couldn't care less if I was 30 seconds faster on my Super Sam tires vs my Tremendous Tim's. I use MapMyRide to see how far I've rode when riding a new area but don't record anything. On the flip side, I have riding buddy that could tell you how many miles are on each set of tires and needless to say, there are countless posters on here that think they won the lottery when they get a KOM on their Strava app.

So how about you? What do you keep track of?

#68 ·
I just watch the time on my Fitbit or gshock. As the father of a 7 and 9 year old I'm always trying to squeeze rides in before I have to pick them up. Or before I have to drop em off. Or before I have to run an errand. Or before I have meet the wife. Or before dusk.

You guys get the idea and I'm sure some can relate.

#72 ·
I use Strava. Partially just because data is fun for me to look through. Having a backround in motocross I love going for downhill segment KOMs. Otherwise on the mountain bike its just nice to see how much climbing or how many miles I rode.

I just started road biking 4 months ago and using Strava has been nice to see my fitness gains. I enjoy an easy ride on the road but speed and keeping up on group rides is really what makes it fun. Seeing how my heart rate responds and where my pace drops has shown me where I needed to improve.

I do have my equipment on Strava but its more or less just for the sake of doing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.