Thread: What do you do?

banned

What do you do?

It's spring, it's Salt Lake City, it's after work? .... Take a ride!!!

Every ride has to have some preride milling about, cud chewing, and hide scratching.

Then there is the time to go hard.

At some point, you reach the high point, get a jacket, and look at the mountains.

Then, on the way down, you watch the sunset over the Great Salt Lake, and Antelope Island.
    Attached Images Attached Images

just along for the ride
    I took an old windsurfing friend out a few weeks ago. He shows up with discount cycling pants and rubber bottom SPD's. He gets hooked on riding the idrive and drops way over 2k++ on new stuff. His wife is relieved cause it better than a 50 something year old gettin a Harley and a case of the crabs at the very least. But alas he's covered on Poison oak on some spills and still wants to ride EVERY DAY!

Rocket Scientist

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Brown_Teeth
    I took an old windsurfing friend out a few weeks ago. He shows up with discount cycling pants and rubber bottom SPD's. He gets hooked on riding the idrive and drops way over 2k++ on new stuff. His wife is relieved cause it better than a 50 something year old gettin a Harley and a case of the crabs at the very least. But alas he's covered on Poison oak on some spills and still wants to ride EVERY DAY!

If I get to be 50, I wanna be just like him. Dont stop now.

just along for the ride
    He's doing 186 pbm after a climb up from sealevel here, and I don't know CPR...

mtbr member
    Hey Walt, Thanks for the pics. You summed up the essence of a great group ride. It looks like the foot hills above the U are clearing off rather nicely. How far are you able to get up? And what other trails are open? I may be in the area weekend of April 10. Just wondering what's available this time of year.

Trail rider and racer
    What a great little post - Really reminds me of what riding is all about....

Trevor!

There's no app for this.

heh

Quote Originally Posted by Brown_Teeth
    He's doing 186 bpm after a climb up from sea level here, and I don't know CPR...
    I've been known to top 200 and I'm 57. Apparently 140 is where I'm sposta be. Well FAQ 'em I say.

CPR? I figure there will be a stampede to claim my bike and I'll be left at trailside. I'd do the same.

Jim

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

plenty o' riding

Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    It looks like the foot hills above the U are clearing off rather nicely. How far are you able to get up? And what other trails are open? I may be in the area weekend of April 10. Just wondering what's available this time of year.
    Shoreline trail is open from Hogle zoo to city creek, Farmington canyon is open- at least the first two thousand feet of climbing, Antelope island is rideable, and so is the west desert- all around Cedar valley and Lake mountains. It's been an amazing warm March- snow is melting so quickly- I'll be trying the hills around Park City soon!
    Get out and ride!

just along for the ride
    Only time I wore a HM it scared me into taking it off, but it was when I was just starting out on my regime a few years back, took a while to get my chops (about a year) now grinds up don't make my heart race. I can see though how a HM can be effective in training, my friend was blown away when he looked at cals burned in 1:30 riding was over 2200, that hooked him bad and now spin class is history.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC.
    I've been known to top 200 and I'm 57. Apparently 140 is where I'm sposta be. Well FAQ 'em I say.

CPR? I figure there will be a stampede to claim my bike and I'll be left at trailside. I'd do the same.

Jim
    so does this mean your going to ride the path even slower now?....jeeeez.......just kidding