Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What did you do to/for your bike today?

17K views 204 replies 114 participants last post by  Fleas 
#1 ·
Some days I don't get to do anything or ride it, or even touch it, so I'd like to know what you did to or for your bike today.

Today I lowered my stem by one spacer.

See less See more
#50 ·
I rode my bike through a grassy area and came out with both wheels packed with cockleburs. I pulled a lot of them out with my fingers, now I have little thorns in the tips of several fingers. I made it home and used hemostats to pull out the little thorns. I'm hoping that I want have a leak as a result the cockleburs.

#51 ·
#52 ·
I left it alone in a refugee camp of other abandoned bikes while I demo'd a Pivot Mach 429, and 429 Carbon. About half way into the ride I was feeling cashed from riding too hard the day before, and my buddy asked what was wrong.
"I feel like i have a cramp in my heart".... Which I kinda did,literally. He laughed and asked if I was missing my bike.
Maybe I was, or maybe I could just feel my baby..... scared, abandoned, crying.
Or maybe I'm just a nerd who likes to anthropomorphize.
Good day kidz.
Get out and ride. :)

#53 ·
Yesterday I went out to the local pine forest single tracks for a ride on sun up.

I have to say that it was a pretty awesome experience floating through a pine forest with the sun just starting to poke its head up. Heaps of wildlife skittering about, and not another rider on any of the trails. Usually I am only out on a bike ride this early in the mornings if I am commuting to work, or competing in a race/pre-race training session where there isnt much time to 'stop and smell the roses'.

After an epic season of training/xc racing, with many high points, and low points, it has been awesome and refreshing to jump on the bike to focus just on riding and rekindling my passion for the MTB.

So I guess technically speaking I didnt do anything TO my bike, but I did something FOR my bike. I rode it, and I enjoyed every moment. The worst part is that I now have to wait an entire working week before I can head out and recharge again. Damn work.

#60 ·
After riding a buddy's bike with a shorter, more upright cockpit, I put a short stem on. Lubed up the cable to my dropper post as it was sticking, and mostly just ogled her in the garage...

#62 ·
Fitted the new self extracting crank bolt sent free by Middleburn UK as a replacement for the one i broke.

Also recieved my 170mm/135mm Hope FatSno hubs..... new wheel build tomorrow.

#72 · (Edited)
Changed my stem to a 35mm. LOVE IT.
I love the 35mm Straitline stem, one of my favorite bike parts of all time:) Nice upgrade!

Today I replaced the front tube and rear brake pads on my Heckler.

For the Butcher today: I removed a sheared off high limit screw from the rear derailleur, replacing it with one from another derailleur, cleaned the der. and chain, reinstalled everything and replaced the cable, re-adjusted, lubed and now off to Horsetooth:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.