Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
    Professional Crastinator
    I installed a longer seatpost on my cruiser, as well as a QR front axle. Then I re-dished the front wheel, tuned the front V-brake a little better and took it for a spin. I really need to post a pic of this bike. It's a cheapy, but it looks great! It is soooooo not a MTB. It IS a 29er, though.

The N9 got a trainer tire and cycle computer installed (w/ cadence and rear wheel sensor - I'm getting sooooo serious.
    ...tomorrow ).

Installed snow tires on my Iron Horse a few weeks ago, and the ensuing snow ride prompted re-lubing the shifter cables with silicone grease, which is wayyy slicker when it's freezing cold. Then the rear shock leaked air. Sent the shock for rebuild. My LBS wowed me by charging a measly $35 rebuild fee. I'd spend that much in oil, schraeder adapter, isopropyl alcohol, and gas to drive around and get all that stuff - not to mention the shock would probably end up with dog hair in it.

Spring is right around the corner!

Punxatawny Phil said so, right?

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

What did you do to/for your bike today?

Just purchased an xtr shadow plus rear derailleur and shifters and new xt ice tech rotors and brakes. Installing them on my tallboy lt this evening.

mtbr member
    Rode my singlespeed in the rain just now and got it soaked.

mtbr member
    Adjusted my rear derailleur - it wouldn't go into granny gear. Before, it said it was in 1st when it was actually in 2nd.
    Moved my brake levers to make it easier to pull the ends of them with my index fingers. BTW this freed up a better place for my bell.
    Simple stuff, I know, but I'm a n00b.

Professional Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleas View Post
    I installed a longer seatpost on my cruiser, as well as a QR front axle. Then I re-dished the front wheel, tuned the front V-brake a little better and took it for a spin. I really need to post a pic of this bike. It's a cheapy, but it looks great! It is soooooo not a MTB. It IS a 29er, though.

The N9 got a trainer tire and cycle computer installed (w/ cadence and rear wheel sensor - I'm getting sooooo serious.
    ...tomorrow ).

Installed snow tires on my Iron Horse a few weeks ago, and the ensuing snow ride prompted re-lubing the shifter cables with silicone grease, which is wayyy slicker when it's freezing cold. Then the rear shock leaked air. Sent the shock for rebuild. My LBS wowed me by charging a measly $35 rebuild fee. I'd spend that much in oil, schraeder adapter, isopropyl alcohol, and gas to drive around and get all that stuff - not to mention the shock would probably end up with dog hair in it.

Spring is right around the corner!

Punxatawny Phil said so, right?

-F
    Poop! $35 fee resulted in shock no worky. Dropped entire bike off at LBS. This is their last chance.
    In the mean time I installed a 710mm bar to replace the 685mm bar (which feels quite narrow anymore).

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9