Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    Proflex 755 World Cup Edition
    1997 Spooky Cycles Darkside

orthonormal
    I had a Ventana La Bruja with one of the original hand made Marzocchi Super T forks up front, much nicer than the later production models. I got hit by a car commuting to work and when I recovered from surgery, I decided to sell the Bruja and get a light weight, shorter travel bike.
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

JKA
    mtbr member
    My motto is: Bikes are for buying, not selling. Just like guns.
    I have never sold a bike. I have given some old bikes away to friends or to my kids, but never sold one.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    My needs change often - so I give it much thought, before deciding what to keep and what to sell. Mostly, it is parts that get sold on eBay, that I no longer need. Good thing there is always a ready, newbie market wanting to "upgrade" to my stuff.

I was a 26er holdout for many years, refusing to go on the 29er bandwagon.....that is, until I test-rode one. That was all it took!

Bike I regret selling? This 18-pound XC rocket:

I recently replaced it with this 20-pound urban assault ride:
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    Regret selling a first year production Voodoo Bantu I custom ordered, my first bike shop bike EVER! I fire sale priced it to buy my new puppy a fence panel kennel and doghouse so he could be outside while I was at work all day(heart in the right place anyways) since I was a single lady that didn't live around family to let him out and give him shelter if things turned south.
    I babied that thing until I went on a ride with a more "knowledgable buddy" on a mud trail ride and he washed my decals off accidentially with a power car wash wand. The shop I bought it at knew how much I loved that bike, so they hand painted new lettering on it(awwww!) I had it for 2 years or so until I sold it, so I did enjoy the ride while she was mine. I almost bought a replacement one of ebay a few years back but knew it wouldn't be the same and let it go to a higher bidder. What is done is done.

I don't regret any other bikes though and I have sold & bought quite a few. Hubby requests I stay at 3 bikes, and I might have fudged a bit since bike 4 is actually a unicycle and not a bike(details...details...) I think the only one I couldn't possibly sell and NOT regret would be my Conundrum muni. Too fun, too many memories learning to ride(and fall!), and making onlookers smile. Yup, that one ain't ever leaving my stable. Ever.

mtbr member
    '11 Foes Hydro...I'm an idiot.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by slimphatty View Post
    '11 Foes Hydro...I'm an idiot.
    Ohh...that one MUST hurt!
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

Happy Trails

what bike(s) do you regret selling?

I sold a Titus RX29er last week and I already regret it. But the dude was stoked and I have a new hard tail so it's all good. Here's one that I DON'T regret selling .... Because I never sold it. 1999 Bianchi Campione d'Italia; 2x8 gears and all stock right down to the bottle cages. 24 pounds of Italian steel. I still ride the hell out of this bike. Ima' ride it tomorrow!
    what bike(s) do you regret selling?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1370144797.123151.jpg

Never enough time to ride
    My Karate Monkey, the bike that showed me how good a 29er could be.

Happy trails...

squish
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails what bike(s) do you regret selling?-image.jpg  

Get out and ride!

Paper Street
    2006 Santa Cruz Nomad with many many excellent upgrades.

Hi There!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spec7 View Post
    An '02 Trek Fuel 90; X.O shifters & rr derailleur, XT front derailleur, XT crankset, XT 11-34 cassette, Marzocchi X-Fly 100, Titec HellbentXC bars w/ RaceFace stem, CK headset, Thomson seatpost, Hayes HFX-9 brakes that worked perfectly, Mavic rims rolling on some Hope XC hubs. Something like 23.97 lbs and I was fast on that bike.

Yep, I miss it.
    Ironic that i saw this post-i don't have the funds to buy a bike whenever i want (well, have the funds but i'd rather pay the mortgage early) so i was riding an '03 Trek Fuel 80 up until a month ago, it was all stock except i broke the RockShox Pilot fork so had to replace it with a RockShox XC32TK, and of course different tires. It's got the Fox Float rear shock and all. Anyway, i was gonna try to sell it for a couple hundred because it would be a great beginner bike but at the last second i decided to keep it just for the heck of it. I live in a townhome like condo so not a lot of storage space but i have a huge attic so i just stuck it up there. My wife was like "really"?
    NTFTC

Just Ride
    No regrets. I'm a bike collector. Been riding a couple years now and up to 3 bikes. 2 mountain and 1 road. I plan to add a newer road bike to the stable. Keeping the current one on the trainer year round!

I just don't see the point in selling bikes, at least not at this early stage in the collecting process.
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

mtbr member
    My 05 Slayer!!!

The_Afterman

what bike(s) do you regret selling?

My 08 yeti 575 I built from the ground up ad my Psycleworks wild hare

what bike(s) do you regret selling?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1370268387.835973.jpg

what bike(s) do you regret selling?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1370268354.667516.jpg

Man those were sweet bikes
    "Don't stop when you're tired. Stop when you're done"

-Mojo HD
    -Niner AIR 9 Carbon SS
    -Zion 737 EBB SS

Trailhead Poseur
    Not a mountain bike, but a road bike. I regret getting rid of my old Trek 2300 after my (now 7-year-old) daughter was born. It would have been an '01 or '02 model, all Ultegra. I didn't really need the money either, I just didn't have time for it and it seemed a shame to let it sit gathering dust. Now I'm looking to get back into road riding again. If I kept it, I wouldn't be shopping around for a new bike now.
    Speed solves all problems, except for those things it makes worse.

rubber side down
    My 16" 1997 GT Zaskar set up for duel slalom...super fun rig. Did sell it to fund my 1997 LTS DH which I still have.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Hey guys. I'm in the process of selling my 1998 Specialized S-Works M2 team edition. It's up in the classifieds right now. Already regretting it.

If anyone's curious as to what this beast looks like, check it out here:

Specialized S Works M2 Mountain Bike '98 Team | extra components | rare vintage - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

mtbr member
    Independent Fabrication full custom steel Deluxe.

Only I haven't really sold it yet. It just keeps coming when I think of reducing the fleet but I know if I do sell it someday, I will regret it forever. Now I'm planning on turning it into a single speed because a 23 lbs. hardtail is just the thing to ride on the flat trails near our island in the western Atlantic. Life not being perfect, by the time I have the time and space to turn it into a SS, we will have moved into our new place in the land of rocks and roots where my geared FS bike works so much better.

MMS
    mtbr member
    Rev...
    If it's a medium frame...I could be your Huckleberry. One of my bucket list bikes.

Haven't sold any I regret...But, I gave some neighbor kids my OG SE OM Flyer 26" BMX Cruzer back in the late 80s. I"d just gotten my first Stumpjumper, didn't see why I'd need two bikes (D'OH!), and these kids didn't have jack. Maybe Karma smiled on me at some point, or maybe it's waiting to. The smiles and utter disbelief on the kid's faces was priceless...I don't regret that part
    I'm having more FUN than anybody!

mtbr member
    23.5" tt, standard NORBA geometry so, yes, that would make it a medium but I couldn't part with it. My youngest son lives in the city and would love to get hold of it too but the SS idea sounds most reasonable.

MMS
    mtbr member
    SS is definitely the way I would take it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Regret selling the Ibis Silk Ti. At that time in life the bike didn't get used much, heck, no bike was used much due to travel/work.

mtbr member
    what bike(s) do you regret selling?-dsc_0703.jpg

what bike(s) do you regret selling?-img_1778.jpg

Gone. She did everything well...
    Last edited by brentos; 11-10-2014 at 10:52 PM.
    Race Reports, PreRide Reports, and General Rambling:

www.roostersbikersedge.com

rubber side down
    I regret selling my 95 Zaskar. Was my DS bike. Had the red Shimano DX brakes.....super fun bike.

I also regret selling a box of old 90's parts a while back. My old Ringle red stem, Nite Rider light kit and a bunch of other stuff...all for like $70 Makes me sick to think about it.

I'm not selling anything else
    TAOS on pinkbike

MMS
    mtbr member
    Sell some skateboards and buy it all back. haha

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast