mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Waywayanda, NJ race report

First race in about 4 years and it felt great. I am 15 and I have been doing pretty well in track for school so I was in very good shape. It was raining the whole week and was a steady rain the day before the race so I was imagining it was gonna be BIG puddles and swampness. It turned out to be not that bad with some pretty boggy spots but alright. I raced in beginner 15-19 and competition looked pretty good with about 4-5 other guys looking competitive.Right at the start I was in 2nd and the first fire road I put it in the big ring and pulled away. Next we got into the singletrack/ rock killing garden. It was so harsh on my xtc hardtail along with the mud really put my technical skills to the test. Good thing I grew up riding in hartshorne. After the singletrack we headed back out into about 4-5 miles of fireroads. There I passed about 5-6 older 20-29 ers and 30-40 ers who started earlier. Then we got into a creek with a rock passage for about 20 yards. From there it was pretty smooth. Coming around the corner felt great with the biggest grin on my face with a little mud too. I ended up 1st in 15-19 with a 57 minute lap. Plus I got a new computer!!!
    "Work hard, Ride harder"

My Member Rides a MTB
    Sweet and sweet. Good job on the race and congrats on the new computer!
    '05 Giant Trance 2
    '06 Giant OCR1

The writer is the engineer of the human soul. -Joseph Stalin