Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,292

    Way OT: Crows Exploding Toads for "Fois Gras"

    WTF! - Looks like a murder of crows has developed a way to extricate the liver from toads by attacking them and using their own defense behaviors to literally "explode" them

    Does anyone find this unusually odd? More info below:
    Exploding Toads

    -and yes, I know fois gras is duck liver not toad liver -
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: noslogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,624

    WOW, way off

    never,EVER, noticed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM
    WTF! - Looks like a murder of crows has developed a way to extricate the liver from toads by attacking them and using their own defense behaviors to literally "explode" them

    Does anyone find this unusually odd? More info below:
    Exploding Toads

    -and yes, I know fois gras is duck liver not toad liver -

  3. #3
    Paper or plastic?
    Reputation: zorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7,984
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM
    WTF! - Looks like a murder of crows has developed a way to extricate the liver from toads by attacking them and using their own defense behaviors to literally "explode" them

    Does anyone find this unusually odd? More info below:
    Exploding Toads

    -and yes, I know fois gras is duck liver not toad liver -
    It's foie gras. And the real stuff is goose liver.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

  4. #4
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,292
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    It's foie gras. And the real stuff is goose liver.
    I stand corrected
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

  5. #5
    banned
    Reputation: Drewdane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,074

    Eeewwwwww!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM
    WTF! - Looks like a murder of crows has developed a way to extricate the liver from toads by attacking them and using their own defense behaviors to literally "explode" them

    Does anyone find this unusually odd? More info below:
    Exploding Toads

    -and yes, I know fois gras is duck liver not toad liver -
    Crows, like rats and squirrels, are not to be trusted. They are entirely too smart, and entirely too skilled at hiding it. You watch - they'll band together and come after us one day...

  6. #6
    the bomb
    Reputation: pfunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewdane
    Crows, like rats and squirrels, are not to be trusted. They are entirely too smart, and entirely too skilled at hiding it. You watch - they'll band together and come after us one day...
    hey, wasn't there a movie about that once?
    Womanhood ain't for sissies.- oldbroad

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    It's foie gras. And the real stuff is goose liver.
    Au contraire mon ami. En France, fois gras fais du canard! Je regardez le procédé avec mes yeux!

    SVP!

    Na ja, es ist schon lange her dass ich Franzoesich greschrieben habe.

    Ciao

  8. #8
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,292

    Well..

    Quote Originally Posted by pfunk
    hey, wasn't there a movie about that once?
    There was Alfred Hitchcocks "The Birds" - cross that with "Ben" (the pied piper rat movie) and throw in a little "Food of the Gods" and we may have a script
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

  9. #9
    life is a barrel o'fun
    Reputation: Christine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,515
    Foie gras can be either duck or goose liver. Either way, it's delicious, but equally cruel.
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

  10. #10
    Paper or plastic?
    Reputation: zorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine
    Foie gras can be either duck or goose liver. Either way, it's delicious, but equally cruel.
    True, but IMHO the goose liver tastes better, at least the one that my aunt used to make. Yummy!

    As for the cruelty, it's just a bird that's fed really really well.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

  11. #11
    MTB Rider
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    876
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg

    As for the cruelty, it's just a bird that's fed really really well.
    Force fed is more like it.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

  12. #12
    Paper or plastic?
    Reputation: zorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7,984
    Quote Originally Posted by revrnd
    Force fed is more like it.
    So, still tastes awesome.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

  13. #13
    Rat Fink
    Reputation: mbmojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,138
    foie gras
    "FROG gras"

    D'uh...

  14. #14
    ever forward
    Reputation: arturo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    195
    There's a crow outside my window.

    He wants my liver.

    If he eats it he will explode.
    Never confuse effort with results

  15. #15
    banned
    Reputation: Drewdane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,074
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM
    There was Alfred Hitchcocks "The Birds" - cross that with "Ben" (the pied piper rat movie) and throw in a little "Food of the Gods" and we may have a script
    There was also a really horrible (made for TV?) movie called "Day of the Animals" - All Gawds critters went ornery on our asses...

  16. #16
    There is NO Punk Bible!
    Reputation: Old Oi Punk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,700

    Oh ya!

    Quote Originally Posted by RagamuffinRider
    Au contraire mon ami. En France, fois gras fais du canard! Je regardez le procédé avec mes yeux!

    SVP!

    Na ja, es ist schon lange her dass ich Franzoesich greschrieben habe.

    Ciao
    去林間小道你的腳踏車,傻瓜!
    To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American Public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •