mtbr member
    May 2004

... and if we just ... Wanted: pic of Pres. Bush riding his MTB!

Now that he's at his ranch, and the weather is nice; lets see him shredding some trails.

Come on Bush staff, just a few good action pics and the MTBR comunity will give you all of its' House and Senate votes next election.

And, once we get some shots of Bush on his bike, lets PIMP HIS RIDE!

That's my name
    Dude, haven't you seen what happens when somebody posts something about the President on this board? It turns into a slanging match and the thread inevitably gets moved to the Political-Socio-Economic board.
    I think it's cool that he rides, but the mtb side of it all always gets lost amongst the bs.
    I mean just wait until Kronik hears about this thread!!!

life is a barrel o'fun
    Okay, so let's gently nudge this thread off-topic slightly.....

Are there any famous people who mtb that actually visit these boards??

Perhaps Kerry hangs out in the Roadie forum?

How funny would that be if we learned that the President lurks behind, say, the moniker Shiver Me Timbers!

Robin Williams likes to mtb, maybe Lance will become a regular poster after the TdF?

Maybe even Jerry Seinfeld, now that he has the time and oodles of property.....?
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

Tear it all out! SuperModerator

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine

Are there any famous people who mtb that actually visit these boards??

How funny would that be if we learned that the President lurks behind, say, the moniker Shiver Me Timbers!

Now THAT, would explain alot

Dr. Pepper drinker

Wow!

Where is that trail? It looks like some killer singletrack. He should really lose the reflectors and toe clips riding something that technical, maybe go for a beefier bike as well.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mr plow
    Dude, haven't you seen what happens when somebody posts something about the President on this board? It turns into a slanging match and the thread inevitably gets moved to the Political-Socio-Economic board.
    I think it's cool that he rides, but the mtb side of it all always gets lost amongst the bs.
    I mean just wait until Kronik hears about this thread!!!
    They will only move it if you say something positive about the president......
    Desperately searching for a klein 120mm O-rise MC1 mission control stem /handlebars or any 1 1/4 quill stem equivalent.
    EDIT- HELLOOOOOOOO......... Desperately means i will pay really,really good money for it.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonwa2
    And here I thought only "Liberals" were paranoid and defensive

Regarding the photo CraigH posted - is it the shot, or is the Pres' bike a little too large?

mtbr member
    May 2004

Lets start with his suspension setup.

He needs more pressure in the back and a little less in the front. And that hadelbar settup just isn't doing it for me. Either get a riser or a comuter bar with bent around barends.

Drinker w/ Riding Problem

Shiver Me Timbers 4 Pres!

Maybe even Jerry Seinfeld, now that he has the time and oodles of property.....?

I feel a campaign starting SMT for President!

you'd be surprised what SMT looks like not what i imagined!

Everyone knows that Seinfelds Klein was just Wall Art! all those shows and not one ride "Come on!"
    Attached Images Attached Images

There's no app for this.

White House lawn shot

the pic is self-explanitory. Jim

lurker spaz

Wanted....

Wanted: pic of Barbara or Jenna Bush riding a mountainbike.

Not that I think either of them bike, but if I can decide which of the Bush family I see wearing lycra - that would be my choice.

FWIW,
    Dr.F.

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Actually, they are only moved if they violate the posting guidelines, say by turning into a political flame war.

Perpetually single track
    I'm so with you on that....

ever forward

SMT for Pres??

Where does he stand on the issues?

How does he feel about bar-ends?
    Does he put Cytomax in his camel-back?
    Has he tried a 29er?
    Never confuse effort with results

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Quote Originally Posted by arturo7
    Like any good Pirate I think it's ALL about the BOOTY!

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by arturo7

How does he feel about bar-ends?
    Does he put Cytomax in his camel-back?
    Has he tried a 29er?
    arrrrr.... no to me bar ends...they are like bad scurvy
    no to me Cytomax...me likes1/3 Ruby red Grapefruit juice mixed w/water when not drinking ye beer and rum

ye say 29er? me say try but me like DHing far better.... arrrr

Now worship me...or off da plank ye go...a visit to Davey Jones locker....arrrr
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

That's my name
    Dude, no way you are the Pres!!!
    As you can see by my evidence below, i believe that you have indeed been living in Australia under the name of Mark Latham!!!
    How does it feel to be the now deposed Labor Party leader?

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by mr plow
    Dude, no way you are the Pres!!!
    As you can see by my evidence below, i believe that you have indeed been living in Australia under the name of Mark Latham!!!
    How does it feel to be the now deposed Labor Party leader?
    relocation program...new job and persona
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

here today

nudged in a different direction

What is B doing to the dog ?

And as much as I like Robin Williams, he's more a roadie, yes ?

Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH
    Actually, they are only moved if they violate the posting guidelines, say by turning into a political flame war.
    It would make sense to me if the hatefull person(flamer) were removed from the thread instead of the whole thread being removed/relocated and erasing the thoughts of everyone.
    Since when do we throw away a batch of apples because of one bad one?
    Since when do we shut down a whole trail for thousands of users because of a dispute between two?

I am proud that the president is one of us. A person that enjoys riding a bike. I am proud of him in every way. I would do anything to ride with him. I would show him around all the sweetest north florida trails. It would be my honor. It would also be my honor to Give him one of my bikes(any one he wanted) A pic of him enjoying one of my bikes would be all the satisfaction i would need. I give the honor to barbara also. I would give her a bike too if she wanted. Both would be kleins(when they were klein). Him,her and all the staff/cars/trucks could stay at my place for a lil bit while we ride a few great trails and talk about bikes,politics,God,life.
    Desperately searching for a klein 120mm O-rise MC1 mission control stem /handlebars or any 1 1/4 quill stem equivalent.
    EDIT- HELLOOOOOOOO......... Desperately means i will pay really,really good money for it.

Glad to Be Alive
    It would make sense to me if the hatefull person(flamer) were removed from the thread instead of the whole thread being removed/relocated and erasing the thoughts of everyone.
    Since when do we throw away a batch of apples because of one bad one?
    Since when do we shut down a whole trail for thousands of users because of a dispute between two?

I am proud that the president is one of us. A person that enjoys riding a bike. I am proud of him in every way. I would do anything to ride with him. I would show him around all the sweetest north florida trails. It would be my honor. It would also be my honor to Give him one of my bikes(any one he wanted) A pic of him enjoying one of my bikes would be all the satisfaction i would need. I give the honor to barbara also. I would give her a bike too if she wanted. Both would be kleins(when they were klein). Him,her and all the staff/cars/trucks could stay at my place for a lil bit while we ride a few great trails and talk about bikes,politics,God,life.
    I would do the same

Glad to Be Alive

Me too...it would be cool to ride w/him