Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    neeeds donation$ for bike

waiting for ups fed ex or usps can be such a challenge

I am waiting for ups to deliver myself a package right now that requires a signature to receive. tracking info states "on vehicle for delivery today". So much anticipation on the arrival of new bikes/parts.

bt
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    great idea for a thread.

The White Jeff W

Re: waiting for ups fed ex or usps can be such a challenge

Yup I've got new wheels & tires coming for my car Friday. Tracking says. 'By end of day'. At 6am it will say 'out for delivery'

Do I risk a morning ride & miss my delivery or wait at the house all day when they usually don't show up until late afternoon?

They should put real time tracking on the trucks so you know when they're getting close.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I enjoy the notice that they missed you. When you sat there all day waiting for them.

It is faster to stick a note on your door than to knock and wait for you to answer the door.

human dehumidifier
    The worst is when you schedule a purchase so it arrives on a day when the wife is at work, then there's bad weather so it's delayed to a day when she's at home
    NFL will punish America for its sins with Katy Perry as the Super Bowl halftime show.

mtbr member
    I get all my stuff shipped to work, always arrives at a certain time

The White Jeff W

Re: waiting for ups fed ex or usps can be such a challenge

Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    The worst is when you schedule a purchase so it arrives on a day when the wife is at work, then there's bad weather so it's delayed to a day when she's at home

Who does that?
    No moss...

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    "Signature required for delivery" is the bane of my existence. Oh how I hate that little sticker on the door...
    "Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion."-Jack Kerouac

mtbr member
    somehow my house is at the end of every delivery service's route. I routinely get FedEx dropping packages off at 8 PM or later. UPS isnt usually quite as late, but theyre usually at 5 or so. USPS is bad too. Sometimes 430 PM, other times, 8 PM. They dont deliver to my door either, they deliver to a street box 150 feet away. Its absolutely maddening. I wish I could do something about it, but for whatever reason, I am towards the end of their days.

mtbr member
    The worst part about these threads is waiting to see what the heck you got OP!!!!

Oh, and I work from home, so I never have these issues

mtbr member
    I had a Mason shipped to me from Diamondback. Of course it required a sig. Since I've moved, the stuff comes in the AM, while I work.

The first notice was labeled as a second notice, the first having not been attempted due to inclement weather, or some such nonsense.

No matter. I just go online and reroute them to the nearest hub for pickup. Not ideal, but I know when and where I'll get my stuff.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I love it when UPS shows up at my house.

mtbr member
    I guess one advantage to living in the sticks is that there is never a signature required, just a cardboard box in my yard when I get home.

Professional Crastinator
    Waiting
    Waiting
    Oooh! A package!

"Item backordered"

Argh!!

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I usually leave a note on the door with my signature and request that they leave the package - haven't had them not honor that request yet. I think your sig on a piece of paper is as good as your sig on their form.

Edit: None of this is quite as bad as buying bike parts of Ebay after moving without changing your address in their system - and having to show up creepily at the house you used to rent looking for a package after it was shipped there.

jrm
    mtbr member
    Leave a note authorizing the driver to leave the package.

neeeds donation$ for bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedbabytoes View Post
    The worst part about these threads is waiting to see what the heck you got OP!!!!

Oh, and I work from home, so I never have these issues
    here it is. moto fantom pro ti.

waiting for ups fed ex or usps can be such a challenge-130423_001.jpgwaiting for ups fed ex or usps can be such a challenge-130423_004.jpg

mtbr member

RE: waiting for ups fed ex or usps can be such a challenge

Looks nice, congrats on new ride.
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I just have everything shipped to work. Deliveries from all the major freight companies is early morning or mid afternoon for us so someone is always there to sign for a package. But yes, waiting for packages to come is bittersweet. On one hand you have to wait painfully for your new goodies to arrive, checking shipping updates just makes it worse. On the other hand you have new goodies coming which is sweet.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    Amen to that. Damn that made me chuckle!

mtbr member
    I know the feeling. I'm currently waiting on a rim to show up so I can give the bits to my wheel guy. If it comes early enough ill have it for the weekend.. otherwise SOL till next week.

mtbr member
    Is it bad when we see a UPS truck at the same business on our way home from daycare everyday and my 4 yr old daughter asks me on the way home tonight...."Dad, is that where the brown santa lives"?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DLd View Post
    "Signature required for delivery" is the bane of my existence. Oh how I hate that little sticker on the door...
    sometimes they will do this even if signature is not required, especially if it's something heavy. One time i waited here all day for him to show up, saw the truck pull into my drive, ran down to greet him, and....watched him pull away. in the time it took me to get to the front door, he had already stickered it and left. never knocked or rang, or even got the box out of his truck.

human dehumidifier
    ^^ had that happen to me on a big heavy box. The guy delivered a box of light stuff, and I caught him before he got away with the big heavy item still on the truck.

The drivers work different routes to fill in for days off, and I'd bet a dollar that the delivery guy that day wouldn't have been on my route the next.
    NFL will punish America for its sins with Katy Perry as the Super Bowl halftime show.

Off the saddle
    I **** you not but the FedEx Home Delivery guy dropped off my hitch and repair stand at 10 PM last night. Boy was I pissed. He didn't even ring the door bell. I happened to hear him put the stuff at the door. Thank goodness I didn't take a day off just to be home to accept the delivery.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast