Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
  1. #1
    Flaccid Member
    Reputation: Boyonadyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,956

    Volkswagen Bike Passion

    meet the new E Bik.e Fit's in the spare tire space, bike rack not needed.


    Volkswagen's Folding Electric Bike - GOOD Blog - GOOD
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

  2. #2
    tl1
    tl1 is offline
    Bicyclist
    Reputation: tl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,843

    It folds up real nice

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    meet the new E Bik.e Fit's in the spare tire space, bike rack not needed.


    Volkswagen's Folding Electric Bike - GOOD Blog - GOOD
    ...but it has no pedals to power it forward when the battery is dead.

  3. #3
    S*it Happens!
    Reputation: Moto Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,017
    George Jetson, had a flying car that folded into a briefcase. I'm holding out for that.
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)
    Like life…the trail is unpredictable...

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    69
    yeah the car's owner is going to need alternative transportation because there is no longer a spare tire for repair.

    Zoolander dance was fab

  5. #5
    flow where ever you go
    Reputation: noshortcuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,516
    That bike is so awesome, I want one!

    I've never (really) needed the spare tire anyway. Now, with this fold up bike, I'll just leave the car on the side of the road (with a flat or whatever) and ride the electric bike to work....

    (so what range does it have, and what speed does it accomplish, and can it go up hill, and how good are the brakes, and what is the weight limit, and how long to charge it for the ride home ????)

    "I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

  6. #6
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,342
    fcuking 'Passion' ? uggh
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  7. #7
    Stucco Bucket
    Reputation: the_owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto Rider View Post
    George Jetson, had a flying car that folded into a briefcase. I'm holding out for that.
    Instead of riding today, Im occupying in the park. This is crap, its already 2012 and were still walking and driving.. WE WERE PROMISED JETPATCKS!!!! And wheres my iPhone 5? sheesh

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cholopolitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    218

    Pedals?

    eBikes should have pedal options
    The Cooper Union Flywheel bike is way cooler imo
    Physics and Biking - YouTube

    Trying to embed here...

  9. #9
    Flaccid Member
    Reputation: Boyonadyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Cholopolitan View Post
    eBikes should have pedal options
    The Cooper Union Flywheel bike is way cooler imo
    Physics and Biking - YouTube

    Trying to embed here...
    It's a Porsche flywheel! It'd be no problem to get more mass in a 22 pound VW TDI flywheel between his legs, for a whole lot less $$$. I can't imagine hauling that flywheel and it's added weight uphill on a mountain bike, but for a flatland commuter, it's pretty cool.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    42
    It looks fun to ride....12 mile range is tough though!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Scott O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto Rider View Post
    George Jetson, had a flying car that folded into a briefcase. I'm holding out for that.
    It all sounds good, but life in the future really isn't any better today. Jane was still taking all of George's money, Judy was dressing like a ho, I think Elroy had a heroin problem, and Astro was taking dumps on the local trails.

  12. #12
    Flaccid Member
    Reputation: Boyonadyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,956
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    fcuking 'Passion' ? uggh
    Would a Chronic Passion thread encourage you give me rep points?
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

  13. #13
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,342
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    Would a Chronic Passion thread encourage you give me rep points?
    If you can get it to stay out of the bin, yeah.

    Don't get me started...beer forum.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crash&bern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    277
    Drive a vw van , then if you get a flat , you grab a beer from the fridge and lounge in the back
    Ride a Santa Cruz heckler
    And many part bikes : )
    " Team Van Go"

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    32
    this looks like the german way to ride a bike!

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    32
    I did not know that VOLKSWAGEN is producing e-bikes.

  17. #17
    Flaccid Member
    Reputation: Boyonadyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,956
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    If you can get it to stay out of the bin, yeah.

    Don't get me started...beer forum.
    Beer is alcohol, and alcohol is fuel for both cars, and the body ...
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

  18. #18
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,342
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    Beer is alcohol, and alcohol is fuel for both cars, and the body ...
    the deisel engine was designed originally to run on hemp oil
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  19. #19
    ballbuster
    Reputation: pimpbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,640
    I think it's pretty cool.

    You know, the trunk can fit a spare tire AND an ebike like this. Duh. If your trunk is not so full of junk you can still get to the spare tire well in the first place, there will be room for an ebike like this. Duh.

    I imagine like, if i want to go to the museum at Golden Gate Park, and as we all know (those who have been there, at least) that there is no parking for miles around. Drive your car to a spot a couple miles away, whip out the ebike and scoot the rest of the way in.

    Only problem is, it would probably get stolen.

    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    the deisel engine was designed originally to run on hemp oil
    Rudolph Diesel's first engine was designed to run on coal dust. Didn't work so well.

  20. #20
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,342
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot View Post
    Rudolph Diesel's first engine was designed to run on coal dust. Didn't work so well.
    not much out there about coal dust engines - but here's vid of stuff
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  21. #21
    ballbuster
    Reputation: pimpbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,640

    Hi Pete

    Quote Originally Posted by MC Nail Gun View Post
    Don't be lazy. Go early and find plenty of parking or, don't be lazy and just walk a few blocks after parking.

    The exercise will do you good!
    Just can't stay away, can ya!

    Who had January in the betting pool? I think I did.

    Banned in 3... 2... 1....

  22. #22
    All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Reputation: MendonCycleSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,777
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot View Post
    Rudolph Diesel's first engine was designed to run on coal dust. Didn't work so well.
    Not speaking from a solid base of knowledge here, but are you sure about that?

    Reason I ask is, just so happens I was listening to Car Talk yesterday and there was a discussion about this very topic.

    They attributed the coal dust engine to being the first internal combustion engine as being run on coal dust, and it's being built buy Nikolaus Otto. Dunno, did the first diesel use it too?

    I'd also heard that the first diesels were built to run on peanut oil, not that hemp wouldn't have worked, but as long as we're on it and getting details right.....

    As for the ebike? Cool. Anything the gets idiots out of cars, and into a more "engaged" mode of transport is great. Too many folks getting run down by clueless drivers in gigantic vehicles with no clue as to their surroundings.

    The energy savings are good too of course!
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

    - FrostyStruthers



    www.mendoncyclesmith.com

  23. #23
    ballbuster
    Reputation: pimpbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,640

    Oh, that was it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith View Post
    Not speaking from a solid base of knowledge here, but are you sure about that?

    Reason I ask is, just so happens I was listening to Car Talk yesterday and there was a discussion about this very topic.

    They attributed the coal dust engine to being the first internal combustion engine as being run on coal dust, and it's being built buy Nikolaus Otto. Dunno, did the first diesel use it too?

    I'd also heard that the first diesels were built to run on peanut oil, not that hemp wouldn't have worked, but as long as we're on it and getting details right.....

    As for the ebike? Cool. Anything the gets idiots out of cars, and into a more "engaged" mode of transport is great. Too many folks getting run down by clueless drivers in gigantic vehicles with no clue as to their surroundings.

    The energy savings are good too of course!
    I can't imagine coal dust being ignited with compression. I read that in a book like 35 years ago and mashed Diesel and Otto in my head wrong.

    Yeah, that was my point about the ebike... get the knuckleheads out of cars that need 3 Kilowatts of energy just to push at low speeds (60 kW to get up to freeway speed in under 10 seconds), reduce that to 300 watts to push. I mean, not for me, for the masses who won't turn a crank.

    Meh, we're all going to be driving around nicely trimmed golf carts with a top speed of 30 mph in 30 years anyway.

    That was my point before Pete came along and does what he does; taking a big giant crap on everything he sees, polluting this board with his own special sense of self importance.
    Last edited by pimpbot; 01-09-2012 at 07:07 AM.

  24. #24
    All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Reputation: MendonCycleSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,777
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot View Post
    Meh, we're all going to be driving around nicely trimmed golf carts with a top speed of 30 mph in 30 years anyway.
    Not if I still have this, and it hasn't become Mad Max we won't.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Volkswagen Bike Passion-f100bw.jpg  

    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

    - FrostyStruthers



    www.mendoncyclesmith.com

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    626
    ....I have a Full Size Spare in the spare tire well of my VW Passat.

    With a range of 12 miles... what happens if I get a flat and the nearest help is greater than 12 miles?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vintage Volkswagen, anyone?
    By Polk in forum Car & Biker
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 09:31 AM
  2. Volkswagen Trek
    By Grond in forum Trek
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2004, 01:20 PM
  3. Volkswagen Trek
    By Grond in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2004, 07:26 PM
  4. OT: Volkswagen?
    By DAS in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 03:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •