mtbr member
    May 2004

Video: Pajarito Passion

OK, here is my first attempt at getting some real footage together on a video.

My friend Rob and I headed up to Pajarito back mid-September for some more DH action. We had just done this same trip back in July, so it was nice to not feel like a total noob on the mountain! This time we headed straight to the trashpit (sta. fe) to erase the 10 hours of highway. Stayed the night and then headed up to Pajarito Saturday morning.

I have to say the scene up there is a great selling point. When people in ATX talk about bike culture, they are talking about hipsters fixies...not my bag. The DH scene is great: the community seems to be fairly tight knit, friendly and cool. We ran into some of the same people that we have met before (from either last year's San Dias excursion or the previous Paj visit), met some cool new people and had a great time.

I have to say thanks to our hosts, rsclimb and ROC. I cannot wait to get back.

It was cool to hang with some of the mtbr community face-to-face...let's see. I met Calhoun for the first time after trading many emails, kicked it with RCC again , tried some of notaknob's REM Ale, delnorte was always in the lot (dude, do you ride?!)...rode with Crash88, theowl and rode with dmode101 a whole bunch. I got to catch up with Neal P., Larry (man, I missed camping this time) and I am sure some other people that I am not remembering right now.

Ok, enough writing. Time for a vid and some more coffee. Make sure you watch it in .

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/15372732?portrait=0&amp;color=c9ff23" width="800" height="450" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/15372732">Pajarito Fall Trip</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/jvaughn">JV</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
    The helmet camera was a great excuse not to carry a camera on the trail, all of the clips came from the GoPro Hero HD.

Rob and I took off for a few days of riding and a few days of driving, all in all, we had a great time. We had great hosts (Rich and Rich), met some of the usual crew and met some new riders too.

Disclaimer: not all of the footage is taken from my perspective. The camera was mounted on both Rob's and Rich's rigs at some point during the two days of lift-assist riding.

Neither humans nor bikes were severely injured in the making of this vid. Well, one set of cranks and one headset...

Quick set of pics...
    First AM rest stop...already 2 hours into the drive @ sunrise:

Sta. Fe Trashpit:

Three Vs
    Last edited by CharacterZero; 10-01-2010 at 10:35 AM.

RCC
    Bandolero

Good stuff J man

Great times indeed Pajarito Mountain rocks
    RCC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Video: Pajarito Passion-p9110351.jpg  

I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...

Stucco Bucket
    Sweet! Nice meeting you

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Word RCC. Thanks for the pic.

yeah owl, good riding and meeting everyone.

I'll be back...I have some unfinished business on that mountain...like that teeter about 3 feet to my left.

mtbr member
    awesome video dood!

mtbr member
    Great video. I really like how you changed the camera view/different scenes every so often. That really helped keep it exciting throughout the video. Oh, by the way, nice wipe out at the end. (I am sure if I was on a trail like that, I would have wrecked like that many of times haha)

-Brett
    Visit my Youtube channel for lots of DH and XC videos!
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon
    2011 Spec Demo 8
    GoPro HD Hero

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thanks for the feedback!
    That wipeout was my buddy Rob...said he got a free chiropractic adjustment out of it. It was actually his last run of the trip...returned to the lot, straightened out his bars and went back to clean it up...which he did.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Hey....my rack!!!!!!

Nice work dood

Members who have read this thread: 0