2006 Yeti AS-X

Veteran's Day Passion

One of the great things about being a veteran is talking to other veterans of the military. Yesterday, I had the honor of speaking to a US Air Force veteran while eating at Texas Roadhouse - by the way - they have an awesome veterans day menu and all free to veterans on Veterans' Day.

Sharing our stories of basic training and military life and in a way that only veterans can truly appreciate. This man was a Vietnam veteran and my father is one as well. I am a Desert Storm US Army veteran myself and I find it interesting that even though we were strangers who had never met before yesterday and chances are will never meet again in this life how open the discussion of our service was during the few minutes we were talking.

I decided beforehand to hit up a quick ride of the local Ogden, Utah trails and did a quick video of the Rainbow Gardens trail - starts from an overlook facing North Ogden, Utah and goes downhill to the parking lot of the Rainbow Garden Restaurant.

In the spirit of Veteran's Day, I dedicate this video to all the veterans of the United States past and present. Thank all of you for your honorable and dedicated service. God bless!

I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Thank You!! to you and all of the Veterans that have served honorable and made sacrifices so we may enjoy Freedom.

Kid Regards-
    D

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Nice! I was just up the hill at Snowbasin yesterday. It was a great ride, very cold though.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
    Nice! I was just up the hill at Snowbasin yesterday. It was a great ride, very cold though.
    Yeah - it is pretty cold out there especially today.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.