Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Utah Land Grab

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    To my anonymous neg. repper- Thank you for taking the time to write me a personal note. I now know the error of my ways and will from here on out refer to environmentalists as "nazis" which as you eloquently stated is the most accurate description of that horrid group.
    Don't feel too bad, JB...Sore Loser Syndrome often reaches near-epidemic proportions in the wake of a landslide election ass-whooping.

Your anonymous 'friend' obviously has a case.

The owners of this site shut down the political forum years ago due to severe lack of self-control on the part of members here, so I'm surprised this has not yet come to the moderators attention as a blatant violation of the no-political-ideology-allowed rule.

Unless, of course the rule really means no political ideology that is offensive to the OWNERSHIP...
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Raton View Post
    Don't feel too bad, JB...Sore Loser Syndrome often reaches near-epidemic proportions in the wake of a landslide election ass-whooping.

Your anonymous 'friend' obviously has a case.

The owners of this site shut down the political forum years ago due to severe lack of self-control on the part of members here, so I'm surprised this has not yet come to the moderators attention as a blatant violation of the no-political-ideology-allowed rule.

Unless, of course the rule really means no political ideology that is offensive to the OWNERSHIP...
    This does seem to be a factor; instead they should be retooling. Start by kicking out all the weirdos and beg Michael Bloomberg and other like mined people back to lead the party. I'm not sure there are enough fat angry white men left in the country to ever propel their platform back to the white house again.

AZ
    banned
    Why not leave the political rhetoric out of the conversation? All sides of it.

YRG
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by elder_mtber View Post
    This statement is not true.

The environmentalists are a (wealthy) special interest group that wants to keep almost everyone out of public land. And they want to destroy the United States by crippling energy production, manufacturing, etc.
    So I got shut out of the group because I don't make enough money? Bummer!
    I would also like to keep the cows out as well as cripple energy production and manufacturing. What do we manufacture in the desert?
    Actually, this thread is riddled with outdated arguments and stupid stereotypes. We should have a strong economy and we should protect Utah's amazing natural resources. Keep in mind that at the top of the list of natural resources is beauty. Cows and drills are not beautiful (cows in the desert anyway). We know we have access in Southern Utah mostly due to uranium mining and other commercial ventures. The answers and the questions are complicated, but not impossible. What is impossible is getting people to let go of their tired old ideas and stereotypes. Let's talk nice, shall we?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    To my anonymous neg. repper- Thank you for taking the time to write me a personal note. I now know the error of my ways and will from here on out refer to environmentalists as "nazis" which as you eloquently stated is the most accurate description of that horrid group.
    Probably one of the two who tagged me. I think there are people who just go around dropping neg rep to get their jollies. Makes 'em fell better and more confident of themselves because they can do that.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    This does seem to be a factor; instead they should be retooling. Start by kicking out all the weirdos and beg Michael Bloomberg and other like mined people back to lead the party. I'm not sure there are enough fat angry white men left in the country to ever propel their platform back to the white house again.
    My point, SS, is that normally, MTBR has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy towards political/religious discussions....for some reason, they are letting these guys slide.

Like with JB, some anonymous coward also neg-repped me just for the minimal comments I dared to reply with. I really don't give a sh*t about the whole rep thing, so no biggie either way. But it just goes to show you how low-down and cowardly these losers are.

I just wish they would "Galt" the heck outta this country, like so many of them threatened to in the first place!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Why not leave the political rhetoric out of the conversation? All sides of it.
    I'm happy to.

mtbr member
    My point, SS, is that normally, MTBR has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy towards political/religious discussions....for some reason, they are letting these guys slide............................................. ......

I suspect that this thread has been allowed to progress because it has remained civil.

I really believe that the unofficial prohibition on political discussion is because the threads almost always degrade into personal attacks and nasty insults.

Whither any of us like it or not, mountain biking has a political element to it. Land access issues are forefront. It is almost impossible to have any discussion of trail access or preservation without getting into the political weeds a little bit.

Frankly, I find it quite refreshing that there has been a few threads lately where political and philosophical views are being expressed and and everyone is remaining civil to each other.
    I'm not very smart, but I can lift heavy things

mtbr member
    My point, SS, is that normally, MTBR has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy towards political/religious discussions....for some reason, they are letting these guys slide.

Like with JB, some anonymous coward also neg-repped me just for the minimal comments I dared to reply with. I really don't give a sh*t about the whole rep thing, so no biggie either way. But it just goes to show you how low-down and cowardly these losers are.

I just wish they would "Galt" the heck outta this country, like so many of them threatened to in the first place!
    And now you'll get neg rep'd again for "complaining" about your negative rep (not by me - by the same coward who decided that my referencing getting negative rep deserved more; funny thing is, the joke's on him or her, since I don't care either. It's all amusing, though).
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    I've never completely understood why the anonymous negative rep thing is enabled here...it's not enough to be simply anonymous on a public online forum...you also get to leave personal, negative, anonymous messages while still remaining...well, double anonymous?

I imagine such people are real tools in the "real" world.
    Last edited by Thor Lord of Thunder; 11-27-2012 at 07:37 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I now also am a proud member of the club "The recipients of an anonymous negative feedback".
    Leaving such is even more pathetic than being a internet bully.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by elder_mtber View Post
    this statement is not true.

The environmentalists are a (wealthy) special interest group that wants to keep almost everyone out of public land. And they want to destroy the united states by crippling energy production, manufacturing, etc.
    pure bull ****.
    agmtb

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by abegold View Post
    pure bull ****.
    You do not seem to like your positive rep, one bad rep wiped out all my hard earned 3 brownie points.

I hope a mod sees this and disables that.

YRG
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Rep should be kept around zero. Say what you feel and people should join you and oppose you with equal abandon. I don't try to have a rep riding and definitely don't need any REP POWER! to convince me I'm something or other. I think we should give rep to people for saying things that are more stupider than what normal people usually say. Really when you think about it, Rep Power is pretty faggy.

P.S. I'm using the word *** under the South Park definition:

*** (făg) n.
    1. An extremely annoying, inconsiderate person most commonly associated with Harley riders.
    2. A loud and obnoxious person who owns or frequently rides a Harley.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YRG View Post
    Rep should be kept around zero..

Zero it is.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Thanks to eMpTyBeeR for stepping in, even his/her screen name was so unsettling to me that I had to buy a few cases of beer to get a good night sleep.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    IIRC most is BLM land so the Feds have management over it now. The NM designation would stop mineral extraction would it not? I also think it pompass that the non-motorized user groups want to prohibit the very user groups who "created" Moab as an off-road destination and the MTBers rode in on their coat tails and now think they know whats best. Hmmmmm....we do it to ORV's, Hikers do it to us.....

BTW...I see Rim Tours signed it... HEY MATT.. we're still waiting for you to come back here to Little Creek Mesa here in SW Utah and fix all the trail you FUBARd when you and the ***** **** peeps ignored the pleas of locals to not ride it when wet. Just saying
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3