mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm USA SW MTB Road Trip in progress - part 1 - or (How I'm resolving post winter blues)

I last rode in USA back in September, and since I got back home to England, the weathers been terrible Rain Rain and maybe some snow

I'd only been out on my MTB about 6 times since that trip due to local trails being a chalky claggy bog fest

And now in March it even started to snow , so to get away from the bad weather i flew 9000 miles to Las Vegas last Saturday

After unpacking my bike I headed out for a night ride at bears best
    USA SW MTB Road Trip in progress - part 1 - or (How I'm resolving post winter blues)-img_7812.jpg

It was quite chilly out on the trail and i forget to bring warm clothes with me so i didnt stop to take too many pics - great fun singletrack out there though - I rode around 12 miles

On Sunday I went and rode at the cottonwood trails

USA SW MTB Road Trip in progress - part 1 - or (How I'm resolving post winter blues)-img_7834.jpg

USA SW MTB Road Trip in progress - part 1 - or (How I'm resolving post winter blues)-img_7851.jpg

USA SW MTB Road Trip in progress - part 1 - or (How I'm resolving post winter blues)-img_7863.jpg

Duck !!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7851.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	205.7 KB 
ID:	784671

USA SW MTB Road Trip in progress - part 1 - or (How I'm resolving post winter blues)-img_3862.jpg

The trails were in great shape compared to my last trip out there
    Got a bit carried away and rode 30 miles of trails - my legs were aching by the time i finished

I then drove North to to St George

On Monday I rode over at Little Creek Mesa, Perfect riding conditions up there mid 60's and sunny

USA SW MTB Road Trip in progress - part 1 - or (How I'm resolving post winter blues)-img_7911.jpg

USA SW MTB Road Trip in progress - part 1 - or (How I'm resolving post winter blues)-img_7917.jpg

USA SW MTB Road Trip in progress - part 1 - or (How I'm resolving post winter blues)-img_7924.jpg

Normally up at Little Creek you hardly see a soul - but today there was a group of around 30 people riding the trails.. I rode both of the loops clocking in 15 miles of trail

Then I headed down to the hurricane Radio mast to meet a buddy for another ride

As I was feeling tired we decided to do the jem/hurricane rim trail as a shuttle, we headed down the jem trail which was nice and fast today with hardly any wind and not much cow damage, part way down the jem trail we spotted a turn on the left which headed down which ended up at chinamans wash, then we rode along the hurricane rim trail back to the car

USA SW MTB Road Trip in progress - part 1 - or (How I'm resolving post winter blues)-img_7963.jpg

USA SW MTB Road Trip in progress - part 1 - or (How I'm resolving post winter blues)-img_7974.jpg

USA SW MTB Road Trip in progress - part 1 - or (How I'm resolving post winter blues)-img_8073.jpg

As the shortcut off of Jem had cut the route short we then decided to ride The Gould rim trail as an out and back ride

USA SW MTB Road Trip in progress - part 1 - or (How I'm resolving post winter blues)-img_8153.jpg

USA SW MTB Road Trip in progress - part 1 - or (How I'm resolving post winter blues)-img_3929.jpg

I'll post more pics soon

Cheers

Zinger
    Last edited by zinger-uk; 03-27-2013 at 08:34 AM.
    My MTB road trip website http://www.mtb-hol.com

mtbr member
    Happy day! I've been needing a zinger-uk trip report. Looking forward to the rest of your trip.

dead weight
    Dec 2003
    Me too, waiting for parts 2+
    A bunch of my ride pics: http://uberfarm.com/mnf

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Thanks, been wondering when I would see another one of your adventures. Waiting for more!

mtbr member
    Looks pretty awesome. I'm looking forward to your future posts.
    I like to ride bikes.

mtbr member
    Since Zinger is now on his way back to his old haunts I can't help but steal his thunder and post some pics from a ride we did earlier this week. That guy certainly maximizes his Holiday and time spent on two wheels. Good riding with you again Zinger!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails USA SW MTB Road Trip in progress - part 1 - or (How I'm resolving post winter blues)-zinger1.jpg  

USA SW MTB Road Trip in progress - part 1 - or (How I'm resolving post winter blues)-zinger2.jpg  

USA SW MTB Road Trip in progress - part 1 - or (How I'm resolving post winter blues)-zinger3.jpg  

Last edited by rockman; 04-05-2013 at 09:36 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thanks for posting.. Great pics. You have a lot of energy, and time, and money.
    I ve been stuck in Socal, couldnt go too far, but thankful that I can ride 3 times a week after work.
    Thanks mate!

mtbr member
    Awesome report and love the pictures!

pin it
    liked your ride report
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Tigers love pepper...
    Hey Zinger, you didn't do White Rim this weekend did you? Saw an Ellesworth come through our camp about 6pm Friday night and realized a little later the guy kinda looked like you. We were camped at Candlestick, I think the first guy in the group said they were headed to Murphy.