Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Last winter I got an Under Armor compression* top (smooth outside, fuzzy surface on the inside). Perfect for bike commute with a shell with temps in the 40s and 50s.

A few weeks ago at Target I came across a Champion brand C9 Power Core top -- seems the same quality, compression and fit as the Under Armor (maybe a tiny bit fuzzier on the inside) for about $15, less than half the price of the Under Armor. Got one and it is great!
    If you live in a place where you don't need to layer often, but when you do, you REALLY do, this would be a great option for riding; not a big investment for a useful addition to your bike kit.

*What's referred to in the marketing world as a "body conscious" fit = snug.

I am the Tin Man!
    Quote Originally Posted by javelina1 View Post
    Neither are we. Going to cover up the greenery too. Also, planning to run the pool/pump after 9pm through the following morning, (each night). I'd rather pay the electric bill, than to have my pool plumbing and in floor cleaning system bust up.
    Run the pool? Don't do that, its bad for business! Mine anyway
    Flying the HiFi...Clyde style.

SOMEBODY I LOVE NEEDS A HEART!

I AM AN ORGAN DONOR, ARE YOU?

bland
    I'm ditching this for Sedona but I might end up driving all the way to south mountain. At least it only gets this cold one or two weeks up here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uh oh, colder weather inbound for Arizona-ballzcold.jpg  

they took the bar
    When I woke up this morning, it was 27F.

I set out for the ride, and it warmed up to 34F. Had the wick shirt, tee-shirt, long sleeved shirt, and then the old heavy wind breaker. Was a-ok for the ride. did an 18 mile loop around the irrigation canals and horse trails.

Felt like I had an extra 10-12lbs to pedal for.

Now, some bragging rights at work.

High Desert MTBer
    24 degrees here when I went to the store at 6.30... brrr!
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I wore mine this am in 30 degrees. No jacket. Fingers froze tho. Now I need better gloves.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    This reminds me of Conan O'Brien's "There's a cloud over Hawaii" weather report.

bland

banned
    Aug 2012

Call me when it's over.

mtbr member
    I here I am driving to Phoenix tomorrow and bringing my bike. Doh!

mtbr member
    I was out yesterday at PMP. Ride started at about 1:20pm and it was nice in the sun. Used long tights and long jersey and a light jacket. Fine all day till I hit VOAZ climb. This was shaded and cold despite working on the climb. I was going to ride Irregular too, but it was getting late in the day and I did not want to do another shady climb.

Today (Monday) will be the last really cold day. Tuesday will be warmer and we will be back to normal by Wednesday and to 70 by the weekend!
    Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2