Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Muskoka
    Reputation: BlackCanoeDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,754

    Two Pugs and a big Mutt, priceless..[o]

    ...for everything else, Buckwallow!































































  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: skiahh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,512
    Nice shots!

    But what the heck is that thing on the right side of your bike??
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dickeydoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by skiahh View Post
    Nice shots!

    But what the heck is that thing on the right side of your bike??

    I'm wondering the same thing.
    You will be scarred for life if you click my avatar

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by skiahh View Post
    Nice shots!

    But what the heck is that thing on the right side of your bike??
    If you are talking about that thing on the left side, it is a extension thing that you can attach your dog's leash to.

    Also, awesome photos!

  5. #5
    CrgCrkRyder
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,049
    Great pics - again. Thanks for posting!
    http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd66/CraigCreekRider
    Its Jake - From State Farm. What are you wearing?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: skiahh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,512
    Quote Originally Posted by C-man23 View Post
    If you are talking about that thing on the left side, it is a extension thing that you can attach your dog's leash to.

    Also, awesome photos!
    D'oh! My OTHER right! lol
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: crazee horse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    114
    awsome pics, though i dont agree with dog walking whilst you cycle. they will do anything to keep up, and its not good for there heart, so my vet has told me.

  8. #8
    Muskoka
    Reputation: BlackCanoeDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,754

    BikeTowLeash...

    Its a leash for my dog that I use where ever he is exposed to traffic, or if I want a boost he can give me a tow . Works great!!
    Dog Lead Leash | Dog Bike Leash | Bike Dog Leash | Bike Tow Leash

  9. #9
    Muskoka
    Reputation: BlackCanoeDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,754
    Quote Originally Posted by crazee horse View Post
    awsome pics, though i dont agree with dog walking whilst you cycle. they will do anything to keep up, and its not good for there heart, so my vet has told me.
    trust me..Blue is way faster than me on a fatbike! but agreed, you have to consider the dog whilst doing this. most dogs don't get enough consistent exercise. however Blue gets 2 hrs everyday and more on weekends, he's a lucky boy!

  10. #10
    Candlestick Maker
    Reputation: baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,987
    Great pics, as usual!
    baker

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: unbalanced's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    74
    I wish my dog would mind enough that I could take her with me. She is far too stubborn and squirrel/wild animal crazy.

    Great photos.

    P.S. dogs can be trained to run with you safely according to my vet and lots of members of my former club that had their dogs run with us. You are suppose to start off gradual and once they are near adulthood. And just like humans that run long distance work up to longer distances.

    Some of the dogs in my former group would run 20km with us and were super happy doing so.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    I'm just starting to train my dog on local walking trails. Hope to one day be able to take her out on rides like this.

    Two Pugs and a big Mutt, priceless..[o]-img_20131003_173321_434.jpg

    Where are these trails?
    If you had a pet monkey that knew karate, what would you name it?

  13. #13
    Muskoka
    Reputation: BlackCanoeDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,754
    Quote Originally Posted by unbalanced View Post
    I wish my dog would mind enough that I could take her with me. She is far too stubborn and squirrel/wild animal crazy.

    Great photos.

    P.S. dogs can be trained to run with you safely according to my vet and lots of members of my former club that had their dogs run with us. You are suppose to start off gradual and once they are near adulthood. And just like humans that run long distance work up to longer distances.

    Some of the dogs in my former group would run 20km with us and were super happy doing so.
    Yes, agreed. You should not run them too hard until at least 1.5 yrs old, prior to that their bones structure is still developing. After that a dog that gets this kind of exercise on a consistent basis will happily run for hours. I change up the pace a lot with frequent stops to enjoy the scenery. That said, my dog has a thick coat so in hot weather it's a different story. He for sure prefers the cooler temps so in summer we always go out early morning and I pay attention to how he is doing and he takes lots swims in ponds and streams to cool off.

    ps..I think he likes the winter best...





  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    97
    nice pics for sure! What camera do you use?

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog View Post
    Its a leash for my dog that I use where ever he is exposed to traffic, or if I want a boost he can give me a tow . Works great!!
    Dog Lead Leash | Dog Bike Leash | Bike Dog Leash | Bike Tow Leash
    Interesting product. I ride with my dogs everyday too. But I prefer them to be on the right side, so that they are away from traffic.

    The boys.
    Two Pugs and a big Mutt, priceless..[o]-img00033-20120519-0708-2-.jpg

  16. #16
    Muskoka
    Reputation: BlackCanoeDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,754
    Quote Originally Posted by A DuB View Post
    nice pics for sure! What camera do you use?
    Using a Sony NEX-5...here's my impressions of it, rather lengthy but lotsa pics
    Sony NEX-5: one year in [o]

  17. #17
    Muskoka
    Reputation: BlackCanoeDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,754
    [QUOTE=Low Pressure;10748042]Interesting product. I ride with my dogs everyday too. But I prefer them to be on the right side, so that they are away from traffic.[QUOTE]

    Someone else had a similar concern last year so as a trial for him I mounted it on the right side of my Pugs. That works fine too, you just cannot use the smallest 2 cogs on your cassette. For me its not an issue, I live in a very small town with little traffic anyway, seldom road ride except a few minutes to get to a trail head. And a lot of the town riding that I do is on sidewalks, not the street.
    Last edited by BlackCanoeDog; 10-16-2013 at 11:46 AM.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gmats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,903
    Nice pics, great color!

Similar Threads

  1. Two Pugs and a big Mutt, priceless..[o]
    By BlackCanoeDog in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-15-2013, 09:16 AM
  2. Two Pugs and a big Mutt, priceless..[o]
    By BlackCanoeDog in forum Fat Bikes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2013, 07:31 PM
  3. Priceless!
    By cjohnson in forum Minnesota, Wisconsin
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 08:21 AM
  4. Mutt butt!
    By Finch Platte in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-20-2012, 08:12 PM
  5. priceless pic
    By singlesprocket in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 10:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •