Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Two Forks (X-Post)

488 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  RalphL 
#1 ·
The last new fork I bought was back in 1999 :D
My Manitou X-Vert refused to die!

Now I have a new frame (Giant VT) & I need advice on a 5" fork.
I cant decide on a Marzocchi Z1 and a Fox Vanilla 125.

Out of the box which one is better for a svelt 155lb rider (no killer drops 4 me thanx)?
I'll prolly drop another 10lbs as soon as Spring/Summer gets here.
Which one is Easier to set up? Oh! Plushness is paramount!

So far the nod goes to Fox (I can always get it Pushed)
Thanks

#3 ·
Dreamer.

Out of the box which one is better for a svelt 155lb rider (no killer drops 4 me thanx)?

I'll prolly drop another ten pounds someday too, right after I win the lottery.
Ken

#4 ·
Hollis said:
The last new fork I bought was back in 1999 :D
My Manitou X-Vert refused to die!

Now I have a new frame (Giant VT) & I need advice on a 5" fork.
I cant decide on a Marzocchi Z1 and a Fox Vanilla 125.

Which one is Easier to set up? Oh! Plushness is paramount!

So far the nod goes to Fox (I can always get it Pushed)
Thanks
Fox. I have the new Vanilla 130 on the Ventana and love it. It made a perfect bike mo betta!

#5 ·
Howdy guys, long time.....no see. Gotta go with the Fox. Replaced my Zoke Race with a Vanilla 125 and really like what it has done for the Loco. Gotta tell you, though, the 125 comes stock with the spring for the mid-weight rider. At 180, that was just too cushy for me. I had to order the next stonger one from Fox. Not a hard job to replace it, cept you need a 26 mm, 6 point socket to do the job and I had a hard time finding one of those. Sam, at you weight, the lighter sping might be okay. I guess it will just depend on how much boing you like up front. Heard you left Asheville, where'd you end up at? Scott, that avatar is just GROSS. Besides, you don't have enough fat on you to pinch a nipple. Anyone hear from Mum lately?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.