Thread: Tucson Rides?

mtbr member

Tucson Rides?

Tucson Rides?

I have one day to spend riding in Tuscon next weekend. Does anyone have any recommendations for a ride?

I usually prefer a 20-30 mile ride.
    I am a strong intermediate rider but I can ride most anything (or walk a real rough section)
    I will have someone to drop me off and pock me up if a shuttle is needed.
    The weather is supposed to be in the high 60's.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Joe@MBD

Please help me out. I tried posting this in the "Destinations" Forum a couple days ago have not gotten any responses. I thought maybe someone with "Passion" might respond.Thanks again.

they took the bar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe@MBD.com View Post
    Tucson Rides?

I have one day to spend riding in Tuscon next weekend. Does anyone have any recommendations for a ride?

I usually prefer a 20-30 mile ride.
    I am a strong intermediate rider but I can ride most anything (or walk a real rough section)
    I will have someone to drop me off and pock me up if a shuttle is needed.
    The weather is supposed to be in the high 60's.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Joe@MBD

Please help me out. I tried posting this in the "Destinations" Forum a couple days ago have not gotten any responses. I thought maybe someone with "Passion" might respond.Thanks again.
    Have you tried the Arizona forum? lots of helpful folks there. I live in Phoenix, and have not tried any trails down in the old pueblo, so I can't help out there. But I know there are a lot of good trails there. Check out that forum.

mtbr member

I'll Check it out!

I did not even realize there was an Arizona Forum. I will now look for it. And thanks for the link.

Joe@MBD

My Website

High Desert MTBer
    tucsonmtb.com is the local site, and if you post in the rides section there, you should pick up a ride. I am probably going to be doing a Tortolita ride myself either Sat or Sun. Check this link:
    Fri Dec 28 - 8 Days of Xmas - Tortolita ride... - Tucson MTB
    This has a description of the ride, map link etc. if you are interested. What day are you going to be here?
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member

Tucson Ride

Dear rockerc,

Thanks for responding to my post!

I will be getting to my daughter's house very Late Friday night ... so I think I would like to ride on Sunday.Do you need a partner?

Joe@MBD

Plus size jersey model
    Email sent.

mtbr member

Incorrect Link?

Hey rockerc,

Are you sure the link you put on your post works? When I tried it I got some kind of error message. Please let me know, (it could be that my computer is missed up).

Thanks,

Joe@MBD

High Desert MTBer
    Email sent too!
    It's all Here. Now.

orthonormal
    Milagrosa Ridge was my favorite ride when I lived down there but I'm sure plenty has changed since I left in 2002.
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

workin' it Administrator
    Where are you staying? I mean what side of town? That will probably be the factor on where you choose to ride.

North side definitely check out the 50 year trail area. Mid town: definitely check out Starr Pass and the Robles Trails. East side: lower Mt Lemmon trails like bug springs (although still a chance of snow) or Reddington area (tons and tons of trails. Far east side, Southeast side check out the Arizona trail. Southern areas check out the trails at elephant head or the south of I-10 Arizona trail.

And tucsonmtb and the arizona forum can sometimes yield results too.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member

Tuscon Rides

Thanks rockcrusher. She lives right by where the Catalina highway and Tanque Verde meet. I am not sure if that is considered North or East.

rockerc. I did not get the email. I am not sure if MTBR is not sending it or what. If you could just send a message directly to my email that would be great. My email address is:

joe@mountain-bike-diaries.com

Hope to hear from you.

Joe@MBD

My Website

workin' it Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe@MBD.com View Post
    Thanks rockcrusher. She lives right by where the Catalina highway and Tanque Verde meet. I am not sure if that is considered North or East.

rockerc. I did not get the email. I am not sure if MTBR is not sending it or what. If you could just send a message directly to my email that would be great. My email address is:

joe@mountain-bike-diaries.com

Hope to hear from you.

Joe@MBD

My Website
    If time is limited I would consider riding the Bug springs/Molino basin trails, shuttle is a great way to go. If time is more forgiving the Reddington pass area has numerous trails to hit up. Either way get rockerc or bigworm520 to show you around. I would come as well but i have something planned that weekend with my wife already.
    Try this: HTFU

High Desert MTBer
    Ah, you're over that way! That is way east, and perfect for anything on Lemmon. Right now there's snow at the top, and bigworm can probably enlighten you better than me on the conditions in that neck of the woods. The Tortolitas are my backyard, about an hour from Cat H'way, and they are not affected by snow right now, much lower elevation. If you go to tucsonmtb.com and check the rides forum, you can search on Tortolitas and several threads will come up which will tell you more about it...
    It's all Here. Now.