Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Lots of potential for MTB if only there were riders to build it

Not really suited to MTB obviously, unless you don't mind lots of HAB.
    I like 5MOH as it stands precisely because it is so brutally, torturously difficult. There are plenty of 'mtb-specific' trails out there that pretty much anyone can ride. I'm glad we have this one test piece that will never, ever become sanitized or "easy"--not for anyone.

That said, I've seen ~98% of the climbs and all of the descents on 5MOH cleaned on mtb's in both directions. Not always on the same day, and not always by the same rider. But they *are* makeable. Which makes me want to ride more of it more often, to attempt to elevate myself to its level instead of the opposite.

Cheers,

MC

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Awesome reporting and holy cow that French girl was HAWT!

mtb'er
    Incredible shots and excellent adventure. Triple extra points for self documenting with self timer. Wow. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Are you using a DLSR or a Point and Shoot?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    I like 5MOH as it stands precisely because it is so brutally, torturously difficult. There are plenty of 'mtb-specific' trails out there that pretty much anyone can ride. I'm glad we have this one test piece that will never, ever become sanitized or "easy"--not for anyone.

That said, I've seen ~98% of the climbs and all of the descents on 5MOH cleaned on mtb's in both directions. Not always on the same day, and not always by the same rider. But they *are* makeable. Which makes me want to ride more of it more often, to attempt to elevate myself to its level instead of the opposite.

Cheers,

MC
    I liked it as is too Mike, with the exception of the sand wash slogs, it would be no loss for me if those were gone. Anytime I go into a new area I always have a hard time not looking around for potential lines for new trails. This area just looked like a blank canvas to me.

Thanks for all the props guys!

Empty_beer, I use a point and shoot, its a Sony DSC HX9V. It takes good shots but it is way more complex a camera than I can fully make use of!

toscano
    ...and I am still in my store...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Wow, what a great report! Thanks for it.
    Mountain goats have to be one of the coolest animals. I always thought they were wary-you must give off calm energy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12