Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Trail building Passion.. Show some Love.. Check it out

--------------------
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trail building Passion.. Show some Love.. Check it out-img_1492.jpg  

Last edited by DSprocket; 12-16-2012 at 12:59 AM. Reason: i want the thread gone

Rogue Exterminator
    That looks kinda sketch

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Nice. Looks very steep man.

mtbr member
    looks great
    "Ideal bikes are not bought, they evolve beneath you"

High Desert MTBer
    No offence, and good on you for doing the work, but I prefer my trails a little more 'naturel'!
    It's all Here. Now.

Team Livemedium
    wow. I'd bring a parachute. Nice work.
    Can wait to see a video of someone riding it.
    Keep trying to do the awesomest thing you've ever done.

mtbr member
    I commend your passion. Bridges and skinnies seem to work best to solve a trail problem. Build the trail and then build a bridge to address a creek or mud bog. nice thing about the bridge over water is water makes a bit of a cushion.
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Well to reply to all of you at the same time, it definitely will be a bit scetch for some people including me.. however a few of my buddies would make this look very easy... its actually not that steep just looks steep from this angle of pic.. there is a lot of naturalness to the trail as well it just doesn't photograph as well i find.. i do try and keep it as natural as i can but if i find a place thats super boring ill try and spice it up a bit.. and yea a parachute might help in some places thanks for all the support people.. and i still encourage you to go like my page cause if i can its all only gonna get better..

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    heres another pic of part of the building process
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trail building Passion.. Show some Love.. Check it out-img_1080.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    And another
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trail building Passion.. Show some Love.. Check it out-img_1074.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Sweet

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

... and if we just ...

Dont forget to check out that link
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trail building Passion.. Show some Love.. Check it out-img_1088.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Now broadcasting from CO
    That's really cool, but I gotta admit that the height scares the bejesus out of me...
    Brought to you by rocks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Generally I don't understand this sort of thing. If the thing that makes it exciting is that it is high then it is just the danger or harming oneself. Not super exciting to me. It seems like a side walk up high. Anyway it is fine that you are doing it and I hope you enjoy it I actually love building trails myself, but the part I like is setting the line scoping out how to work with the natural environment. I don't mind using a mattock either and so forth.

mtbr member
    Yea, what PA said. I'm all for whacked out ramps and such, but holy crap!

Good for you for building it - it looks incredible.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Thanks everyone this ramp in particular started out as nothing really and it just ended up being super high.. my first plans were to build a corkscrew with the ramp and when i got to a certain point on it i decided it was gonna be to much work. thats when i built the big down ramp part.. i grew up riding these type of ramps on the island and they are very addicting once you learn the tricks in riding them.. and height means nothing you just half to put it out of your head completely.. it teaches you to focus and know where every inch of your bike is and forces you to become a better rider because the consequences can be severe.. no one wants to fall off but when your done riding a huge line it just gets you stoked.. and again there are lots of great natural parts to the trail as well i only use the ramps to spice up a boring piece of trail.. i outweigh many options in my head before deciding what to do.. there will be riding pics on all the stunts on that facebook page by next summer and by the way bungee jumping helps with the heights issue ive bin 3 times and keep my eyes open during the jump its fantastic.. and i almost died once riding my bike as well did a 20 ft drop and ended up in ICU with a busted in half leg.. that sucked but it made me learn a lot

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    To the left in this pic is an 18ft drop.. a drop that if you do you better know your gonna land cause if you dont its gonna hurt.. maybe even a hospital trip.. to the right down the ramp is the run in for an 18ft hip gap go to this page to get updates on way more
    https://www.facebook.com/#/Clearwate...gTrailBuilding
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trail building Passion.. Show some Love.. Check it out-img_1094.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    side angle, showing landing for 18 ft drop (still needs work)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trail building Passion.. Show some Love.. Check it out-img_1499.jpg  

mtbr member
    That looks terrible.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Oh yea.. Why does it look terrible ?

mtbr member
    I would likely break something important.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    ok i can accept that no doubt this ramp is for someone that knows he can do it.. there cant be any doubts in your mind..

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Go check out this page and "like" to show support for trail building and theirs lots more updates to be shown there https://www.facebook.com/#/Clearwate...gTrailBuilding
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trail building Passion.. Show some Love.. Check it out-img_1077.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Support trail building and give this page a
    https://www.facebook.com/#/Clearwate...gTrailBuilding
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trail building Passion.. Show some Love.. Check it out-img_1057.jpg  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast