Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Trail building Passion.. Show some Love.. Check it out

4K views 51 replies 25 participants last post by  Fuglio 
#1 · (Edited)
--------------------

Attachments

See less See more
#46 ·
Trail work passion is awesome, although I don't know that I've seen any trail work here, looks more like feature building to my eye. As others have said, cool that you have the passion for riding and trail building. I'm glad that the feature is on private property as public lands where I live would likely shut the entire trail system for building such features w/out permission. While I'm no expert, I'd suggest furthering your passion with some trail building schools. IMBA and your local advocacy group should have plenty of trail building sessions for free, and often will have the IMBA guide to trail building book for you to borrow if your trail building passion. Of course there's always the interwebs

2010-02-19 - Fontana Southridge Expert DH Course - YouTube

Cool that you're building fun trails for you and your friends. Keep up the passion and refine your skills!

#7 ·
I commend your passion. Bridges and skinnies seem to work best to solve a trail problem. Build the trail and then build a bridge to address a creek or mud bog. nice thing about the bridge over water is water makes a bit of a cushion.

#8 ·
Well to reply to all of you at the same time, it definitely will be a bit scetch for some people including me.. however a few of my buddies would make this look very easy... its actually not that steep just looks steep from this angle of pic.. there is a lot of naturalness to the trail as well it just doesn't photograph as well i find.. i do try and keep it as natural as i can but if i find a place thats super boring ill try and spice it up a bit.. and yea a parachute might help in some places :) thanks for all the support people.. and i still encourage you to go like my page cause if i can its all only gonna get better..

#15 ·
Generally I don't understand this sort of thing. If the thing that makes it exciting is that it is high then it is just the danger or harming oneself. Not super exciting to me. It seems like a side walk up high. Anyway it is fine that you are doing it and I hope you enjoy it :) I actually love building trails myself, but the part I like is setting the line scoping out how to work with the natural environment. I don't mind using a mattock either and so forth.

#17 ·
Thanks everyone :) this ramp in particular started out as nothing really and it just ended up being super high.. my first plans were to build a corkscrew with the ramp and when i got to a certain point on it i decided it was gonna be to much work. thats when i built the big down ramp part.. i grew up riding these type of ramps on the island and they are very addicting once you learn the tricks in riding them.. and height means nothing you just half to put it out of your head completely.. it teaches you to focus and know where every inch of your bike is and forces you to become a better rider because the consequences can be severe.. no one wants to fall off but when your done riding a huge line it just gets you stoked.. and again there are lots of great natural parts to the trail as well i only use the ramps to spice up a boring piece of trail.. i outweigh many options in my head before deciding what to do.. there will be riding pics on all the stunts on that facebook page by next summer and by the way bungee jumping helps with the heights issue ive bin 3 times and keep my eyes open during the jump its fantastic.. and i almost died once riding my bike as well did a 20 ft drop and ended up in ICU with a busted in half leg.. that sucked but it made me learn a lot

#18 ·
To the left in this pic is an 18ft drop.. a drop that if you do you better know your gonna land cause if you dont its gonna hurt.. maybe even a hospital trip.. to the right down the ramp is the run in for an 18ft hip gap :) go to this page to get updates on way more
https://www.facebook.com/#/ClearwaterDownhillBikingTrailBuilding

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.