Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Very nice, I would ride that in a heart beat

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    go to the fb page and like it mtberNick theres lots more where that came from and your welcome to come ride

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Another view Go check it out https://www.facebook.com/#/Clearwate...gTrailBuilding
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trail building Passion.. Show some Love.. Check it out-img_1063.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

~*~*~*~*~
    Now that's a ramp!
    It's on land that you own, yes? Or, if not, you got permission to build, yes? Then have fun and make sure your insurance is up to date.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Where is the trail?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Most of the ramps are on my friends property that i live on.. the trail drops right into my yard but starts on crown land.. if you want to find out where it is and have a chance to see it or ride it one day you need to go like the facebook page to find out.. and keep track of things.. Please like to show support https://www.facebook.com/ClearwaterD...gTrailBuilding

mtbr member
    I have been helping build/repair/modify single track here in Wyoming in Curt Gowdy State Park. Rated "Epic" by IMBA.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trail building Passion.. Show some Love.. Check it out-playarea.jpg  

Trail building Passion.. Show some Love.. Check it out-canyons.jpg  

Trail building Passion.. Show some Love.. Check it out-trailday.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Right on !! Looks good guys.. looks like a very nice scene you got going..

mtbr member
    Hope its pressure treated wood or ceder so it lasts a long time, a little higher then i like to be but looks like some sick west coast stuff.
    2012 Giant Reign 1

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    its not no but i will be taking care of it.. and will make repairs as i half to.. i think itll last a while it doesn't see much traffic at all yet.. and if i half to rebuild one day so be it.. it only took me a week to build the one thats there so if i get 10 years out of it ill be more than happy..

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Support this with a https://www.facebook.com/ClearwaterD...gTrailBuilding
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trail building Passion.. Show some Love.. Check it out-img_1090.jpg  

mtbr member
    Can you post the link one more time for me?

Jonesin'
    Pretty cool. If only there was someplace on the internet I could go to support or like it.
    Never be the path of least resistance.

"You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel." -Simply Weasels

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Thats a whole lot of time and expense to be building with wood that will rot out within 5 years. B4 you purchase any more lumber or fastners you should consider investing in a book on deck construction, or do some searching online.

Your spans are waaaaay long, your materials are not ground contact rated or of an appropriate dimension for the weight they are bearing. The strength of your structure should not be dependant on the shear strength of the fasteners either.

The 18 foot drop is not the biggest danger I see in those pics. I have built my fair share of both trails and structures and it really sucks to build stuff that you love to ride, only to have the fun eclipsed by the constant maintenence required to keep it rideable because the materials/ techniques used were not sustainable. It looks like you have a lot of passion for what youre doing. Make sure youre building it to last!
    Last edited by Gravitythief76; 12-14-2012 at 07:24 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    hello all, in the future i will be trying to build all ramps out of hand milled wood from around me, so its more sustainable to weather, there is not much cedar around so I think im using mainly Fir i am however looking for cedar to build with anyways cause it is the best, I built this ramp out of lumber quickly just so id have something to play on in my backyard.. and i like building things as well i find it fun and i try to challenge myself. i realized when i built this ramp that it would probably rot within a few years but it gives me time to get materials to make a more sustainable one when the time comes.. its still holding very strong.. and is not quite finished there will be more bracing and things added to make it even stronger.. it is more than strong enough to hold a lot of weight as it is and when your riding a bike across it your on it for very minimal time and its highly unlikely that anything would give out.. i did work in construction of houses for about 5 years, i trust that its strong and know that it will rot one day unless i can do something to prevent it.. and as for the 18 ft drop of coarse its dangerous i almost died off a drop very similar.. the landing will be made steeper yet as well for those that wanna try doing it but its recommended for pros only.. im not sure that ill ever even drop it but i know someone will.. this trail is intended for a movie shoot one day in the future..the link again is https://www.facebook.com/ClearwaterD...gTrailBuilding please go and show your support

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I assure everyone that this ramp is strong, and if it weakens at all it will be made stronger.. Show your support at that page everyone, im gonna grow tired of updating this page often, id rather be out building or riding..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trail building Passion.. Show some Love.. Check it out-img_1052.jpg  

High Desert MTBer
    This is getting like that Tioga pedal thread...
    Personally I don't get it... I like to work in the dirt myself... and I like to ride in the dirt.
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Trail work passion is awesome, although I don't know that I've seen any trail work here, looks more like feature building to my eye. As others have said, cool that you have the passion for riding and trail building. I'm glad that the feature is on private property as public lands where I live would likely shut the entire trail system for building such features w/out permission. While I'm no expert, I'd suggest furthering your passion with some trail building schools. IMBA and your local advocacy group should have plenty of trail building sessions for free, and often will have the IMBA guide to trail building book for you to borrow if your trail building passion. Of course there's always the interwebs

2010-02-19 - Fontana Southridge Expert DH Course - YouTube

Cool that you're building fun trails for you and your friends. Keep up the passion and refine your skills!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Theirs lots of dirt if people would go to the right page of viewing.. dirt trail is what connects all the stunts since i am only one person it is easier building out of wood rather than dirt for everything.. there is lots of dirt features they just don't photograph well and they will after there is some actual riding footage to show on them.. I've ridden lots of trails just like this all over BC and will continue building more no matter what bad feedback i get from it cause for every bad comment theirs a 100 good ones..

DILLIGAF
    Built using IMBA guidance and will last!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    OK the reason why the ramp on this page was not made of cedar, it would have costed about a $1000 to build out of milled cedar.. i dont have that kind of money and there is no cedar that i know of yet that i can mill my own with close by.. there is not much of it that grows in the area and if it is it is way to Big to cut down..

'Tis but a scratch
    You know what would be cool? If you set up a facebook page and we could all go "like" it.

I'm just bustin' balls.

Looks a little nuts to me. So, I guess I'd be riding the B!tch line. But, if you dig it, enjoy!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast