We get titles?

Totally OT: Turducken suggestions?

Here's an off topic post I haven't seen addressed here or anywhere -

Does anybody have any suggestions for where I can order a good Turducken? My father-in-law is a food lover - the guy just loves to eat and he'll tell you about ever meal he's ever eaten. So I'm thinking he'd love a turducken as a birthday gift. I see a few places online that will ship them - does anybody have any feedback on any particular company?

Bike content - I went to the snow race at Tenney Mountain in NH last weekend. Lousy conditions, but very friendly, accomidating staff. It looks like they're really putting effort into the whole bike thing this summer and this place could turn out to be excellent DH and maybe XC destination.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by upNdown

Does anybody have any suggestions for where I can order a good Turducken? My father-in-law is a food lover - the guy just loves to eat and he'll tell you about ever meal he's ever eaten. So I'm thinking he'd love a turducken as a birthday gift. I see a few places online that will ship them - does anybody have any feedback on any particular company?

Bike content - I went to the snow race at Tenney Mountain in NH last weekend. Lousy conditions, but very friendly, accomidating staff. It looks like they're really putting effort into the whole bike thing this summer and this place could turn out to be excellent DH and maybe XC destination.
    I don't know. I'd like to try it too, but everyone I know says it sounds totally gross, and I'm not going to order one just for myself, so...

I installed Avid Mechs up front and I'm having trouble getting max. stopping power - any suggestions? I've fiddled extensively with the barrel adjuster and pad spacing to no avail...

mtbr member
    Dude - you really want to blow his mind? Make it yourself!

It is no small task - I "built" one for Christmas 2002 dinner. It was simply amazing. My sister and I teamworked in the kitchen for about 8 hours. Do all the prep work the night before. Here is the recipe I followed - it turned out amazing...I've got some pics at home I'll post later.

http://www.chefpaul.com/turducken.html The recipe is like 24 pages long!

Do yourself a favor and be sure you have a good set of SHARP knives for the deboning...and the deboning process is the most time consuming part. I think I spent a total of about 3 hourse deboning the turkey, chicken and duck.
    GoatRidesBikes.com
    Goat Rides Bikes @ YouTube
    "I may be old and fat, but at least I'm slow." - Me

We get titles?

no help here...

Quote Originally Posted by Drewdane
    I don't know. I'd like to try it too, but everyone I know says it sounds totally gross, and I'm not going to order one just for myself, so...

I installed Avid Mechs up front and I'm having trouble getting max. stopping power - any suggestions? I've fiddled extensively with the barrel adjuster and pad spacing to no avail...
    I've got no experience with Avid Mechanicals...all my discs are hydros. But they're supposed to be easy to set up, so go to the brake forum and see what you can find, maybe you're just missing something simple.

banned
    I've got no experience with Avid Mechanicals...all my discs are hydros. But they're supposed to be easy to set up, so go to the brake forum and see what you can find, maybe you're just missing something simple.
    Yeah, I know, and thanks. I was just trying to add bike content.

mtbr member

2 places w/ good Turducken's here

The best place that many people acknowledge here in acadiana is Hebert's Specialty Meats... no web site, but the # is 337-893-5062.

I've tried more than a few now and I liked them the best, and they have good prices.
    **I'd go for something other than the standard stuffing for the 'inbetween' layers (ie cornbread or seafood). If I'm recalling correctly the standard inbetween stuffing has pork and it seemed out of place to me.

I got one last year from a store a closer to home which was pretty darn good too (w/ cajun stuffing), and they have a website. http://www.cajun-joeys.com/

We often go to Joey's for the Friday nite free wine tasting, we usually ride our bikes if we're planning on tasting more than a few (= and then ride on down to downtown alive
    So, there's some bike content for ya!

cya,
    Serge

Last edited by logbiter; 04-13-2004 at 11:27 AM. Reason: wrong phone#