Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Today's ride, and last week's snowshoe.

a few timer shots. the timer on the new cam is much nicer. changeable timer, and it'll take multiple shots. (this series actually had five shots; i left out #2 and #3.) nothing groundbreaking, but the old one wouldn't do that. chilly today.

ibmkidIII and ms. scrub while snowshoeing last weekend.

nice to get out and spin. place was totally empty, save for one other rider who was climbing up as i was descending. guess the ~20 degree temps and it being a weekday made for a nice combo. lucky me!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

surly inbred
    Good stuff

I just snagged a pair of used snowshoes to try out ..can't wait to explore some of the mtb terrain (a bit slower & quieter for more critter viewing.)

contains quinine
    Nice stuff!

I spent one day last weekend riding, and one day showing. We should schedule something...
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    It's nice when there's no one else on your ride to make you slow down. I get that kind of ride every day, as there are no other bikers, hikers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    Nice stuff!

I spent one day last weekend riding, and one day showing. We should schedule something...

i'm free to ride/shoe mon-thur next week. though i'll take one day at least to test ride some new backcountry skis i jut got together. probably brainard area, or north of.

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    i'm free to ride/shoe mon-thur next week. though i'll take one day at least to test ride some new backcountry skis i jut got together. probably brainard area, or north of.
    Ooohh... I like the xcing when it's skiing.

This week sucks for riding around here tho - Prolly a winter solstice night ride followed by a week in the flat(er) part of teh country.

Team Blindspot
    Scrubby,

what camera are you using now?

TIA
    Astigmatic Visionary

Quote Originally Posted by S-Works
    Scrubby,

what camera are you using now?

TIA
    Cannon A-520

Nothing too fancy, but worlds better than my previous HP.

Ooohh... I like the xcing when it's skiing.

This week sucks for riding around here tho - Prolly a winter solstice night ride followed by a week in the flat(er) part of teh country.
    well, they are beefy backcountry xc skis, not tele backcounty. good for untracked trail, witha pack on, but they aren't a full on tele setup. since i'm mostly going solo, i bought mellow terrain gear. less temptation to go places i really should avoid while out alone.

let me know if any of those days work to do a ride/shoe/ski or something. for the snow stuff though, i'm pretty much sticking around to the west/north of here. less driving hassle involved.

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    well, they are beefy backcountry xc skis, not tele backcounty. good for untracked trail, witha pack on, but they aren't a full on tele setup. since i'm mostly going solo, i bought mellow terrain gear. less temptation to go places i really should avoid while out alone.

let me know if any of those days work to do a ride/shoe/ski or something. for the snow stuff though, i'm pretty much sticking around to the west/north of here. less driving hassle involved.
    Sounds like my stuff - skinny xc, metal edges. I'm not a tele skiier, although i need to figure out what that's about. But not on this equipment.

I'm planning on a night ride Wed after work, pretty much for sure. I might be able to swing another activity or two in this week, especially if we could figure out some sort of easy xc ski.. Is the Switz trail too far away?

Sounds like my stuff - skinny xc, metal edges. I'm not a tele skiier, although i need to figure out what that's about. But not on this equipment.

I'm planning on a night ride Wed after work, pretty much for sure. I might be able to swing another activity or two in this week, especially if we could figure out some sort of easy xc ski.. Is the Switz trail too far away?
    nope. snow on it enough now? or hit it with bikes?

i'm a fan of the sourdough area in winter as well as summer.