Single Speed Junkie

Times ticking away (pedal ?)

Have a set of Time ATAC composite pedals that keep ticking same place each stroke. Any one else see this problem if so how did you get them to be quiet? (At least I know now it is not the BB)

single track ****

it's telling you to

Quote Originally Posted by crux
    Have a set of Time ATAC composite pedals that keep ticking same place each stroke. Any one else see this problem if so how did you get them to be quiet? (At least I know now it is not the BB)

take it on a ride w/ stream crossings. At least that's what it means to my horses. A couple of dunks in some cool stream watter ought to work out any pebbles in there, and leave your steed satisfied. That, or learn to climb w/ it as a sort of climbing drum, & swear to all your riding buddies that it's actually their bike that's making that clicking noise

Seriously ?
    You can tear it apart easily to check.

Some maintenance in my TIME pedals

This pedal should not require maintenance as it is somewhat sealed, but your can check it and relube the bearings if it is not too late.

Gui

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crux
    Remove the pedals. Clean the threads on both the pedals and the crankarms. Apply some grease to the threads, and re-install. Hopefully that'll cure the ticking problem. It has always worked for me. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I gave up on mine.Couldn't shake the tick.Eggs now. Good luck.

Slow riding mama's boy

Check your cleats.

I'd try the other suggestions first, including making sure the pedals are clean and lubed. But in my experience, the only thing that worked for sure to eliminate this was cleat replacement. They wear so gradually that it's easy to miss, as they still function well. But that clicking gets really annoying. . . The good news is that cleats are reasonably priced, unlike Speedplay cleats.

I swore by Time ATACS, and finally went to eggbeaters on my road bike and Candy ti's on my mountain bike. I loved ATACS, and I have to admit the new ones are even better. I prefer them to the Time pedals. Before spending money on cleats, you might want to consider that, if you're open minded about a pedal switch.

Joel