mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Thursday, May 26th - May by the Bay in Santa Cruz

Hi all,

I'll be leading the Thursday, May 26th ride at UCSC and Wilder. Please let me know if you're planning to attend. I've already taken vacation for the day, so the ride is on.

I'd like to find out what type of riding everyone wants. I was basically planning on something around 20 miles, with approx 3000 feet of climbing, but we can alter the ride depending on participation. It will be mostly singletrack, both technical and non technical. If there are enough people, we can break in to groups according to ability.

There are already a few locals that will be joining the ride. I hope to see as many of you as possible.

We'll probably start at the main parking lot in Henry Cowell Park. The vehicles will be safe there. I'll post updates as they become available.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Anyone? This second post is just to make it visible at the top of the page, again......for a few minutes, anyway.
    Last edited by Blue Shorts; 04-28-2005 at 04:33 PM.

Medium?

I always find

that you'll have a hard time getting people to commit much ahead of time. Being in the middle of the week especially. Post over in the Norcal board. K-max will probably come, and Lucky and UncleMTB will be there for sure. I'm taking off Wed for the Big Basin Epic, but I don't have enough vacation to take any more days off that week unfortunately.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    that you'll have a hard time getting people to commit much ahead of time. Being in the middle of the week especially. Post over in the Norcal board. K-max will probably come, and Lucky and UncleMTB will be there for sure. I'm taking off Wed for the Big Basin Epic, but I don't have enough vacation to take any more days off that week unfortunately.
    Thanks....I'll do just that! I'm hoping to join 1 or 2 more of your MBTB rides....if I can get more time off.

swag ho Administrator
    I think there aren't that many responses to the question because the question is a bit moot. Everyone likes singletrack, some technical stuff but nothing crazy. That being said, you're the host and you know the terrain best so you should deliver the best trails the place has to offer.

Probably good to market the ride a little bit with pics so folks can get psyched about joining the ride. Also, have a couple of options in the middle of the ride based on how the group is doing.

Thanks for leading the ride.

francois

MTBr ReMember

Iiiittt'ssss...

...on my calendar!
    Tim

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    I think there aren't that many responses to the question because the question is a bit moot. Everyone likes singletrack, some technical stuff but nothing crazy. That being said, you're the host and you know the terrain best so you should deliver the best trails the place has to offer.

Probably good to market the ride a little bit with pics so folks can get psyched about joining the ride. Also, have a couple of options in the middle of the ride based on how the group is doing.

Thanks for leading the ride.

francois
    Maybe I should take pics of the beautiful views.....and also pics of the scenery I'll bring my camera on the next few rides. There's something for everybody....and I do mean everybody.

Good idea, Francois.

Psycho Sketchy
    Please do take some pics and post. I'm across the country in GA now, but grew up in Santa Cruz (Aptos, actually) and I'd love to see what you MTBers are doing out there.

Also good to know that when I get the time to come out for a visit there are folks I can possibly hit up to show me around as I wasn't into MTB when I lived in the lovely SC.

Mallie
    [SIZE=1]a bad day of riding is better than a good day of golfing...[/SIZE]

Part-time rider

Photos

Few photos from the past...

K-Zero
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "It's not how good you are, it's how good you want to be"

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Thanks for posting the pics!!!

Quote Originally Posted by K-Zero