Kilted Cyclist
    Jan 2004

Thinking about a new Hardtail with Nitto Mustache Bar

After seeing a couple of commuters/messengers riding Nitto Mustache Handlebars, I am thinking about building a bike around it.

I was going to get one for my Cross Bike, but after talking with my LBS, I was told that my Ergo Shifters will not work with it. I had to scrap the idea. I entertained the idea of using the bar with my 15 year old road bike, butn scrapped that idea qucikly.

Now, I am thinking about buidling a hardtail with the musatche bar. It may not be able to handle the North Shore Riding, but I am sure, I am going to have fun with it.

Has anyone done similiar things in the past?

34N 118W

why?

not quite sure why you'd choose these bars for mtb over a road bike. I've used them on a fixed gear road bike and love them for rides under 20 mi. Anything longer and my hands get cranky without the traditional hoods to rest on.

Why not try them on your CX or old roadie? You can use thumbies or bar-end Barcon shifters with them, or convert the roadie to SS/fixed.

they might work for Travis Brown, but I don't have any interest in trying them on a dedicated mtn bike. I'd rather try a Jones bar. But who knows...you may dig it.

HW

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardpapa
    After seeing a couple of commuters/messengers riding Nitto Mustache Handlebars, I am thinking about building a bike around it.

I was going to get one for my Cross Bike, but after talking with my LBS, I was told that my Ergo Shifters will not work with it. I had to scrap the idea. I entertained the idea of using the bar with my 15 year old road bike, butn scrapped that idea qucikly.

Now, I am thinking about buidling a hardtail with the musatche bar. It may not be able to handle the North Shore Riding, but I am sure, I am going to have fun with it.

Has anyone done similiar things in the past?